Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 342 Guests

Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

This thread currently has 24,136 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
August 27, 2021, 10:22am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Maringer
But Fenty didn't put his money in, did he? He loaned it and now he's getting it all back, with healthy pension contributions in the bank as well.

The new owners may end up doing the same, I suppose, but it doesn't seem likely given their backgrounds and what has been said and done so far.

No, he didn't. And the new owners said that the loans weren't a big deal like the fans are making out because it's just one way of funding the club and the route they would take is by buying equity that they would expect paying back. It's not a big deal, it's as I expected and what every other director in the club's history has done. But it isn't putting money into the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 151
Son of Cod
August 27, 2021, 10:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from pen penfras

People at the club. I'm not going to say who I know in the club, because it's not my place to.

[img]https://c.tenor.com/jhQESbDf-SMAAAAC/friends-not-sure.gif[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 151
Northbank Mariner
August 27, 2021, 10:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

No, he didn't. And the new owners said that the loans weren't a big deal like the fans are making out because it's just one way of funding the club and the route they would take is by buying equity that they would expect paying back. It's not a big deal, it's as I expected and what every other director in the club's history has done. But it isn't putting money into the club.

I'm sorry but as soon as I start reading your replies all I see is blah, blah, blah....
They have done more to move this club forward in 4 months than Fenty did in over 20 years and I don't really care where the funds come from but let's not forget one thing, they never borrowed a penny to buy Fenty out, so all they are asking for is a return on any loans or additional equity. Both purchased this club knowing it wasn't a good financial decision yet Fenty bullied his way to the top to try and make a killing, which he did successfully in walking away with every penny he ever invested(said very loosely) and £200000 on top whilst all the time watching the club fail, the ground crumble and the training balls go egg shaped!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 151
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2021, 10:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I'm sorry but as soon as I start reading your replies all I see is blah, blah, blah....
They have done more to move this club forward in 4 months than Fenty did in over 20 years and I don't really care where the funds come from but let's not forget one thing, they never borrowed a penny to buy Fenty out, so all they are asking for is a return on any loans or additional equity. Both purchased this club knowing it wasn't a good financial decision yet Fenty bullied his way to the top to try and make a killing, which he did successfully in walking away with every penny he ever invested(said very loosely) and £200000 on top whilst all the time watching the club fail, the ground crumble and the training balls go egg shaped!!..

Not to forget a few sizeable pension payments and not paying for match tickets over the years.

I know Jason says buying a football club is a terrible investment financially but John Fenty seems to have done very, very well out of 18 years of failure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 151
HerveJosse
August 27, 2021, 10:50am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Historic accounts which are made up to 31 May show that the company usually has a large cash balances that time of year . At 31/5/20 it was£749k . May 21 accounts not filed yet . Eventually we will know what cas funds the new owners inherited
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 151
HerveJosse
August 27, 2021, 10:55am
Champagne Drinker
If it does turn out to be £1m ( unsubstantiated) and JF loans are paid off
From incoming transfer fees they will have bought the club at net cost of nil. Both big ifs but neither impossible . Isnt transparency wonderful!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 151
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2021, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse
If it does turn out to be £1m ( unsubstantiated) and JF loans are paid off
From incoming transfer fees they will have bought the club at net cost of nil. Both big ifs but neither impossible . Isnt transparency wonderful!

They would have still purchased it for circa £1m. They didn't just buy Fentys' 40%, they bought another 20%.

Unless they have put that £1m cash into their own bank account, they have still spent £1m buying the football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 151
marinerdazza
August 27, 2021, 11:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from pen penfras

Just baffled by the fact that they've put some glitter on a turd.

So you admit they inherited a turd then. Given the exemplary way the club has been run for the last twenty years, it’s a real puzzle why that should be. Baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 151
jimgtfc
August 27, 2021, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from pen penfras

People at the club. I'm not going to say who I know in the club, because it's not my place to. And the way it's going, they'll all have left soon anyway. Anything that I'm asked not to say, I don't. Anything else I only say to put right the ridiculous statements I see on here. Not that it matters, the lies seem to win every time because they back up the hatred.

It's funny how everybody accuses me of being part of, related to or a friend of the old regime. Yet any facts that I come out with I'm then accused of having no knowledge and making it up (the irony).

Anyone can say they know someone at the club and then not name or quote them. No substance at all, whereas the facts and figures are there for all to see. It all speaks for itself really, I’d rather look at it like that than believe your  (possibly made up) “insider”.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 151
HerveJosse
August 27, 2021, 11:16am
Champagne Drinker
Businesses are usually bought for an ex cash price. If you inherit cash on top you usually add it to the price so I stick by what I said all be it it is a big if until we see the 31 May balance sheet in due course.
There is a simple answer to the transfer fees used to repay loans issue . If the Dembele money comes in and JF loans are repaid from that the new owners could say as we now don’t have to funds the JF loan repayments we will put new money into the club equal to the transfer fee.
I think the transfer fees used to repay JF loans is Ian ldeal arrangement fit them. That don’t have to inject that money to pay JF and their sainthood is maintained
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 151
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood on Radio Humberside Weds evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.