Reply: 11 - 47
bedders78
June 11, 2021, 8:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
I've always wondered if the the club could involve fan volunteers in some of the analysis work similar to how the general public have been used to classify galaxies, etc - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zooniverse

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 11, 2021, 8:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from bedders78
I've always wondered if the the club could involve fan volunteers in some of the analysis work similar to how the general public have been used to classify galaxies, etc - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zooniverse

To identify star players?
To work out which player had eaten too many Milky Ways?
So that we'd know who had had a stellar performance?
Which player's salary was a black hole?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
pen penfras
June 11, 2021, 10:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from forza ivano
as my old mate Pen Penfras so wisely said to me last night over a couple of pints -
''when did 'New Analysis Software', a new CEO, a proper budget, improved training facilities and a pitch fit for professional football ever win you 3 points?'

Not sure why you think I'd say that. CEO does seem like a load of balderdash, but improving the training facilities and analysis is important. Although we did have analysis software before and an analyst before Limbrick took it on, but don't let that stop you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
jamesgtfc
June 11, 2021, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

Not sure why you think I'd say that. CEO does seem like a load of balderdash, but improving the training facilities and analysis is important. Although we did have analysis software before and an analyst before Limbrick took it on, but don't let that stop you.

Out of curiosity, do you think the culture of the club needs changing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
Davec
June 11, 2021, 11:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Out of curiosity, do you think the culture of the club needs changing?

Of course he doesn't! Pen Penfras thinks Fenty was perfect in every way and he and the board did a terrific job and he regards dropping from the championship to non league twice as an a great success! We all know it isn't a success but I'm sure Pen Penfras will find a way of telling us all how a great achievement it is!

At the same time he will be telling us all how dishonest Stockwood and Pettit are and how they can't be trusted and how we need Fenty and Day back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
aldi_01
June 12, 2021, 7:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

Other than just saying you don’t agree, why don’t you think a new, proven CEO is important? Plenty of clubs have them, we’ve had one for years to what influence or use they were under an oppressive despot regime…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
fishboyUTM
June 12, 2021, 9:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from aldi_01

Other than just saying you don’t agree, why don’t you think a new, proven CEO is important? Plenty of clubs have them, we’ve had one for years to what influence or use they were under an oppressive despot regime…

We've had one for probably two decades. And I cannot recollect one video interview with him. I can recollect pretty much every player of the year leaving on Bosman frees as we've allowed their contracts to expire every season. I recollect the entire structure of the club crumbling leaving the likes of Morcambe and Accrington Stanley to overtake us by two divisions. That said, I must be fair and it can't have been easy for any CEO to work with John Fenty, but it was absolutely time for a new CEO with a fresh outlook and a proven track record and I wish her all the best. We have a lot of catching up to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
pen penfras
June 12, 2021, 9:16am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

We have a chief executive, that they've decided to keep because of his knowledge of the football industry, but have given him a different title doing the same job. Hiring another expensive executive, whose job will be to direct other people to do things, seems like it could be done by a consultant to direct the staff in the direction we want to go and give them autonomy once the direction is established. I also see very little crossover in the things we want to improve between the YMCA or a health company and a football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New analysis software

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.