Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › New analysis software
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 219 Guests

New analysis software

This thread currently has 5,441 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
June 12, 2021, 9:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pen penfras

We have a chief executive, that they've decided to keep because of his knowledge of the football industry, but have given him a different title doing the same job. Hiring another expensive executive, whose job will be to direct other people to do things, seems like it could be done by a consultant to direct the staff in the direction we want to go and give them autonomy once the direction is established. I also see very little crossover in the things we want to improve between the YMCA or a health company and a football club.

And yet the decision to employ said CEO was made by two highly successful, multi millionaire businessmen. I have a feeling they know their onions.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
LondonMariner43
June 12, 2021, 11:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from pen penfras

We have a chief executive, that they've decided to keep because of his knowledge of the football industry, but have given him a different title doing the same job. Hiring another expensive executive, whose job will be to direct other people to do things, seems like it could be done by a consultant to direct the staff in the direction we want to go and give them autonomy once the direction is established. I also see very little crossover in the things we want to improve between the YMCA or a health company and a football club.

Not sure if you have ever worked in a successful business but I think you will find that they all have CEOs and many also have COOs.  I’ve never heard anything so bonkers as hire a consultant who sets a strategy and then leaves and after that no leadership is needed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Bristol Mariner
June 12, 2021, 11:10am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

PP - out of interest how old are you and what is/was your profession?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
pen penfras
June 12, 2021, 12:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -139
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Not sure if you have ever worked in a successful business but I think you will find that they all have CEOs and many also have COOs.  I’ve never heard anything so bonkers as hire a consultant who sets a strategy and then leaves and after that no leadership is needed.

How many NL and L2 football clubs have them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
moosey_club
June 12, 2021, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from pen penfras

How many NL and L2 football clubs have them?

None....and thats why they are NL or L2 clubs 🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
pen penfras
June 12, 2021, 6:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -139
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from moosey_club

None....and thats why they are NL or L2 clubs 🤣

Ahh, so we're the only ones smart enough to know that we'll definitely get promoted with 2 expensive executives. Hopefully nobody else figures that out before the start of the season.

Ps, I think Bradford have several ridiculous positions, hasn't helped them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
ginnywings
June 12, 2021, 7:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pen penfras

Ahh, so we're the only ones smart enough to know that we'll definitely get promoted with 2 expensive executives. Hopefully nobody else figures that out before the start of the season.

Ps, I think Bradford have several ridiculous positions, hasn't helped them.

Ever since JF left, you've been a right miserable sod. Unlike the rest of us who were miserable while he was in charge.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
arryarryarry
June 12, 2021, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Not sure if you have ever worked in a successful business but I think you will find that they all have CEOs and many also have COOs. I’ve never heard anything so bonkers as hire a consultant who sets a strategy and then leaves and after that no leadership is needed.

Consultant or CEO, it doesn't matter as long as they are there long enough to set the right strategy especially seeing as she was only at her last position for a couple of years.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
arryarryarry
June 12, 2021, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from lukeo
No names mentioned but someone who used to work for town closely with the first team said how we literally used no technology. This is a breathe of fresh air. Another massive step in the right direction. Utfm

Russell Slade brought in an analyst, when he left Anthony Limbrick and Michael Jolley were doing their own analysis with AL doing the most if it and sending stuff out to individual players and when they left Ian Holloway brought in a young lass who did it.

As for no technology, Alan Buckley  didn't use it and he didn't do too badly.

At the end of the day you can have the best analyst and the best software but if your players aren't good enough it means sod all.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
mariner2000
June 12, 2021, 9:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Just as an FYI consultants are EXR\TREMELY expensive and would absolutely cost more per hour than our CEO.  They are also rarely invested in the job as it's a temporary paycheque for them somewhere that they have no attachment to, and to repeat what's been said they usually implement either staff ideas or things tried previously and then walk away with no future recourse.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › New analysis software

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.