Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years Part Three: financial supplement
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

The Fenty Years Part Three: financial supplement

This thread currently has 6,831 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 10, 2021, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from EvilFish

Look closer. Accounts 31 May 2007:

"An agreement has been reached whereby this indebtedness of £650,000 will be repaid to J Fenty over a period of four years by way of pension contributions when the company is able to meet this commitment"

I'm tired of the constant lies over two decades we've had from this coterie of lickspittle arsewipes that surround Fenty, the leper messiah.

The facts and the evidence are all there in plain sight. The man was a toxic failure and kept this club in a state of paralysis to feed his own small-town ego.

It is time he, his extended family and this dwindling band of sycophants were gone from this club and everything associated with it for good. You had your days in the sunshine, but we're all tired of you and your endless 'white knight' rhetoric.

Take your propaganda and sod off elsewhere. Scunthorpe, perhaps?

He told you he didn’t read it…remember, he ironically said that whoever wrote the piece has an agenda…if he had bothered to read he’d know…he didn’t. His point is invalid…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
brigg_mariner
June 10, 2021, 9:13am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

Here he is…

Can you ask John how Liverpool is? Worth a trip in the summer? How’s the tax situation too, must be causing him some stress, poor fellow…

I hear he is selling up and taking the Russian wife to live in Spain.

Hope he chokes on his paella.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
GhostDan
June 10, 2021, 9:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm here, what are you specifically referring to, because I'm not reading through that much diatribe to get to whatever part you think is so terrible now. It's clearly written by a person with an agenda.

I skipped to the end and saw some numbers, which claim a pension payment to Fenty was made, I'm not sure where that comes from, because the accounts don't say what went to who. Seems like a bit of a guess.

And as for I'm against 1878, that's entirely not true. I'm against the hypicorisy of people on here. If Fenty was in charge and season ticket packs weren't out yet, people would be kicking up a stink. We actually had some positive momentum this pre season and some of it has been missed by taking so long to get them out. If Fenty had offered Hewitt and Hendrie less money than they were on, people would be cry arsing that we're losing our best players for cheap, yet we're supposed to have a bigger budget next season and still offered them less. If Fenty hadn't gone and I told you that both trust members on the board voted for May to invest in the club (first vote, where May told them his history), then there'd be a witch hunt out for them, but brush it under the carpet now.

So far it seems to be much the same as before with some nice rhetoric in the background. And ultimately, I understand all of these things, but I don't understand why under different owners the reaction is different.

In fairness,  I think the new owners should be allowed some leeway on the Season Tickets as I'm sure they'd want to review the whole situation and see if any improvements can be made.. this is understandable surely?

With regards to Hendrie / Hewitt, how do you know they were offered less money? Personally find this hard to believe but happen to be proven wrong with actual facts..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
GTFC_85
June 10, 2021, 9:59am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Yoda
All the happy clappers that backed him with he’s saved the club hold your head in shame.
You have set this club back decades because of it.

I hold my hands up to say I was one of these. Purely through tinted glasses, especially off the back of 2006 with our nearly promotion. This, plus the promise of pastures new with a new stadium etc I was always giving him the benefit of the doubt. I honestly though he saved the club from the brink following the debt from championship relegation, but the articles on the Cod are such a rude awakening.

But if you listen to some of the messages (contract offerings, penny pinching, fitted sink for female officials) you realise what a nasty piece of work that man really is.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
aldi_01
June 10, 2021, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GhostDan

In fairness,  I think the new owners should be allowed some leeway on the Season Tickets as I'm sure they'd want to review the whole situation and see if any improvements can be made.. this is understandable surely?

With regards to Hendrie / Hewitt, how do you know they were offered less money? Personally find this hard to believe but happen to be proven wrong with actual facts..

Much like the claims that (although having not read it how would he know) CA have an agenda and much of it could be anecdotal, suggesting Hendrie and Hewitt have received lower contract offers is purely speculation and guess work…

Given the obvious mess the club is in it’s understandable that it’s take a couple of weeks longer to sort out ST…probably more pressing issues behind the scenes…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
jamesgtfc
June 10, 2021, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Isn't Paul Hurst in charge of the budget and will therefore have had at least some input on what wages we offered to Hendrie and Hewitt? Hendrie came to us from League 1 and spent 3 seasons in a team at the bottom end of League 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
DB
June 10, 2021, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386

I don’t think PP is ‘very well equipped’ full stop, DB, he must be compensating for a lack of something by continuing his sad agenda!

I can think of 2 others like this and it's not you and me!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
Bristol Mariner
June 10, 2021, 12:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm here, what are you specifically referring to, because I'm not reading through that much diatribe to get to whatever part you think is so terrible now. It's clearly written by a person with an agenda.

I skipped to the end and saw some numbers, which claim a pension payment to Fenty was made, I'm not sure where that comes from, because the accounts don't say what went to who. Seems like a bit of a guess.

And as for I'm against 1878, that's entirely not true. I'm against the hypicorisy of people on here. If Fenty was in charge and season ticket packs weren't out yet, people would be kicking up a stink. We actually had some positive momentum this pre season and some of it has been missed by taking so long to get them out. If Fenty had offered Hewitt and Hendrie less money than they were on, people would be cry arsing that we're losing our best players for cheap, yet we're supposed to have a bigger budget next season and still offered them less. If Fenty hadn't gone and I told you that both trust members on the board voted for May to invest in the club (first vote, where May told them his history), then there'd be a witch hunt out for them, but brush it under the carpet now.

So far it seems to be much the same as before with some nice rhetoric in the background. And ultimately, I understand all of these things, but I don't understand why under different owners the reaction is different.

Get your facts right

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
forza ivano
June 10, 2021, 4:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
So more disinformation and lies from PP then?
Just to correct him on another point. Theyve said season tickets will be on sale from 14 june, theyve also stated what some of the discounts will be and theyve also explained the delay by saying they wanted to see the results of the fans survey  in case they'd missed something obvious, before releasing the full details

Ps pp really is ,like his master, a nasty piece of work. Not content with his obligatory digs at 1878 hes now trying to denigrate the trust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
aldi_01
June 10, 2021, 4:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
So more disinformation and lies from PP then?
Just to correct him on another point. Theyve said season tickets will be on sale from 14 june, theyve also stated what some of the discounts will be and theyve also explained the delay by saying they wanted to see the results of the fans survey  in case they'd missed something obvious, before releasing the full details

Ps pp really is ,like his master, a nasty piece of work. Not content with his obligatory digs at 1878 hes now trying to denigrate the trust

As I said…ironic don’t you think…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years Part Three: financial supplement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.