Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years Part Three: financial supplement
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

The Fenty Years Part Three: financial supplement

This thread currently has 6,824 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Gilbertswand
June 10, 2021, 10:40pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +177
Gold Stars: 20
I just don't get it...???
I'm sure if most of us received that sort of sum for selling our business and decided we wanted to get involved and be chairman of a lower league club then surely you would expect to lose a few mill in the process of trying to improve the club, invest and try and achieve success, otherwise what is the point? We have basically been treading water with absolutely no investment in the last 20 years and any money Fenty has put into the club, has been taken back out. Looks like it has cost him £35K for 20 years of stagnancy and the kudos of calling himself chairman. God knows how much wasted chasing a stadium that would never happen if he wasn't prepared to put his hand in his own pocket.. He should be embarrassed to call himself a town fan.  So pleased we have new owners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
denni266
June 10, 2021, 10:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
I was saying for years that he was not a fan , It was just a throne to sit on and as it turned out a free one . You could see him defeat after defeat leave his throne waving and smiling to his admirers , Shaking hands and grinning . used to make my blood boil . And dont think for one minute we have heared the last of him.. He will know what is being said and it is basically the fans that he will want to get back at. That is the sort of man he is, he will want his penneth of revenge for losing his throne and his look at me council job with all the trimmings
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
aldi_01
June 10, 2021, 10:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from denni266
I was saying for years that he was not a fan , It was just a throne to sit on and as it turned out a free one . You could see him defeat after defeat leave his throne waving and smiling to his admirers , Shaking hands and grinning . used to make my blood boil . And dont think for one minute we have heared the last of him.. He will know what is being said and it is basically the fans that he will want to get back at. That is the sort of man he is, he will want his penneth of revenge for losing his throne and his look at me council job with all the trimmings

Careful, you’ll have our Welsh friend coming after you saying that your claims he’s not a fan are unsubstantiated and pure conjecture from folk with an agenda.

Makes you think, if he is/was a fan he really didn’t actually care about the club very much…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
ginnywings
June 10, 2021, 11:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grimsbynewhope
Brilliant article, shows fenty for what he truly is.
Is there going to be a part 4?

Got to be. We haven't yet got to the part where he walked away with £200,000 of gifted shares and everything else from where part 3 ended up to the end.

Plenty to go at yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
toontown
June 10, 2021, 11:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
It really is very detailed and well researched, bravo to the authors. There can be few clubs so badly mismanaged by a chairman over such a prolonged period.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
promotion plaice
June 11, 2021, 12:25am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I must admit I once posted on here, under JF's tenure we couldn't be in safer hands financially, I am ashamed I ever made that statement now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
dapperz fun pub
June 11, 2021, 5:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from promotion plaice

I must admit I once posted on here, under JF's tenure we couldn't be in safer hands financially, I am ashamed I ever made that statement now.

If it’s any consolation you weren’t on your own and we all make bad judgements in life
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
friskneymariner
June 11, 2021, 7:30am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Gilbertswand
I just don't get it...???
I'm sure if most of us received that sort of sum for selling our business and decided we wanted to get involved and be chairman of a lower league club then surely you would expect to lose a few mill in the process of trying to improve the club, invest and try and achieve success, otherwise what is the point? We have basically been treading water with absolutely no investment in the last 20 years and any money Fenty has put into the club, has been taken back out. Looks like it has cost him £35K for 20 years of stagnancy and the kudos of calling himself chairman. God knows how much wasted chasing a stadium that would never happen if he wasn't prepared to put his hand in his own pocket.. He should be embarrassed to call himself a town fan.  So pleased we have new owners.

Not really got into the mindset of a greedy conservative have you. Those of us who have been saying JFS was only in it for his own ends we denigrated and marginalised by the pro Fenty brigade.Well I only hope they can look themselves in the face in the mirror although I doubt it as such people lack any personal insight what-so-ever.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
aldi_01
June 11, 2021, 7:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from friskneymariner

Not really got into the mindset of a greedy conservative have you. Those of us who have been JFS was only in it for his own ends we denigrated and marginalised by the pro Fenty brigade.Well I only hope they can look themselves in the face in the mirror although I doubt it as such people lack any personal insight what-so-ever.

They’ll still say it could’ve been worse…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
MuddyWaters
June 11, 2021, 7:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from promotion plaice

I shouldn’t worry about it.

As most on here know, I was one of his biggest critics and received several PMs from him but even I can’t believe the depths to which he went .
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Fenty Years Part Three: financial supplement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.