7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
May 29, 2021, 12:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Unless he has already been over here and been on trial with Hurst the length of the contract seems a bit Holloway.

If he has been here a few weeks Paul must have liked what he saw to offer that deal.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 64
Mayaman
May 29, 2021, 1:22am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Poojah

I'm still getting over the torment brought about by the 'No Frills' crisps that used to turn up in my packed lunch as a kid.

Still, it could be worse. A kid I went to school with at Lindsey was, shall we say, of a very sizeable build. He was a big Liverpool fan, and one weekend had made a trip to Anfield to watch them play with his mum who had very kindly bought him the full, brand new away strip - that unusual mid-90s cream affair with the round collar.

Anyway, the following week he'd proudly packed it into his PE bag to wear during during the football session we were due to have. The sniggers began in the changing room when it became apparent that he hadn't quite got the sizing right - it looked literally painted on, except for the bit between his waistline and his belly button where the material couldn't quite stretch.

You know how brutal these environments can be at the best of times - kids can be such cúnts (hands up, I was no angel). You could hear all the various píss taking going on in the background, duly ignored by the kid - it was all water off a very fat duck's back.

But then he turned round.

He'd had his shirt printed with one of his favourite player's names. Now, Liverpool had some decent players in their ranks in those days - Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stan Collymore. Did he opt for any of those? No. His favourite player was number 15, Patrick Berger.

Everyone píssed themselves laughing, heckling the poor kid relentlessly. The fat lad whose kit didn't fit had only gone and got "BURGER" written on his shirt - with not so much of an ounce of irony intended. He'd have been better off getting the home kit, as at least it would have detracted from the red hue his face duly turned - whether it was anger or embarrassment, or a mix both, I'll never know.

Harsh times.

Great story poor lad.  When I was in secondary I asked my mother for some football boots.  She asked me what for, my brow furrowed.  "For the football team", I replied.  Without taking her eye from the Grimsby telegraph she stated that it wasn't worth it as I didn't have long left at school.  I still had another year.

On Saturday's I used to helm my nan on Freemo market and she'd pay me.  I saw some football boots there for a quid.  The only problem was that they were white. Nowadays, nobody would bat an eyelid with the myriad of colours on offer in the modern game.  In those days footie boots were black and only black. I hit upon an ingenious idea.  I'd buy then and paint them.  

On the day of the next game I pulled them out of my bag with some trepidation.  They were met with approval as I stuck then on and headed out onto the pitch.  I started off playing with confidence but soon realised that bits of paint was peeling off. I ended up looking like a friesian cow!!.  Boy did they rib me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
Mayaman
May 29, 2021, 1:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mariner91
Seems a bit of an odd signing if true. The standard in Iceland isn’t even the same as Sweden and in Sweden Moses Ogbu appears a world beater. Good luck to him if he does sign.

and they still beat England in the Euros
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
golfer
May 29, 2021, 6:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from grimsby pete
Unless he has already been over here and been on trial with Hurst the length of the contract seems a bit Holloway.

If he has been here a few weeks Paul must have liked what he saw to offer that deal.

Understand he made good partnerships with Pollock  and  Hewitt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
May 29, 2021, 6:41am
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
featured here, about 3rd one down. Doesn't tell us too much, but can't believe the Icelandic 2nd division can be any great shakes

ps has some nice tricks in the video, and if he does sign the tackling in the NL won't come as any surprise looking at some of the agricultural lunges on the video

https://englishplayersabroad.wordpress.com/2020/11/10/five-breakout-stars-of-the-2020-season/

They won the League though, so if he stays with them next season, he will be playing in the 1st Division.  Superb strike for that goal!

Reply: 34 - 64
louth_in_the_south
May 29, 2021, 7:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,676
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
You’re cousins boyfriend or who whoever he is is never going to have a career in fooking football. Get over it

16 red Xs . My life feels almost complete. I’m in Filipe Noche territory now

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
Humbercod
May 29, 2021, 7:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Could do with a pre-season in the gym, looks to lightweight for English non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
Posh Harry
May 29, 2021, 7:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,360
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Humbercod
Could do with a pre-season in the gym, looks to lightweight for English non league.

I’m 20 stone and still probably lightweight for non league football 🙂
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
moosey_club
May 29, 2021, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mayaman

Great story poor lad.  When I was in secondary I asked my mother for some football boots.  She asked me what for, my brow furrowed.  "For the football team", I replied.  Without taking her eye from the Grimsby telegraph she stated that it wasn't worth it as I didn't have long left at school.  I still had another year.

On Saturday's I used to helm my nan on Freemo market and she'd pay me.  I saw some football boots there for a quid.  
Quoted Text
The only problem was that they were white.
Nowadays, nobody would bat an eyelid with the myriad of colours on offer in the modern game.  In those days footie boots were black and only black. I hit upon an ingenious idea.  I'd buy then and paint them.  

On the day of the next game I pulled them out of my bag with some trepidation.  They were met with approval as I stuck then on and headed out onto the pitch.  I started off playing with confidence but soon realised that bits of paint was peeling off. I ended up looking like a friesian cow!!.  Boy did they rib me.

Pony ?

Remember them well.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 29, 2021, 9:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I don’t understand what the size of a country or the standard of a league has to do with anything tbh.

America is a massive country and the MLS has quite a lot of talent but, the yanks are hardly up in the higher echelons of world football.

Yet, in comparison, Belgium stand at the top of the fifa world rankings and are 322 times smaller.

Iceland have had eidur gudjonsson, gylfi sigurdson and many others that have shone in the premier league so there is obviously some standard of player that will be playing in their leagues. If true, then as usual, let’s not knock the lad before we see what he’s like and remember that PH has turned many a player into something good

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kian Williams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.