This thread currently has 16,463 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikoo
May 28, 2021, 12:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
English right winger for Keflavik in the Icelandic league.

Girlfriend is from Grimsby and wants to move back home (she is my cousin hence how I know).

2 year deal with option of a 3rd year.

95% done deal, be announced either next week or week after once the contracts with Hendrie and Coke are announced.

You’re welcome.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
May 28, 2021, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,323
Gold Stars: 526
whats he Like Mikoo?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
Mikoo
May 28, 2021, 12:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Good direct runner, likes to get to the byline and put a cross in. Good technique too, likes a good free kick. Not seen him play since his Leicester u18 days a few years ago but has done well in Iceland so should be a good player for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
promotion plaice
May 28, 2021, 12:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,001
Gold Stars: 192

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
diehardmariner
May 28, 2021, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,361
Gold Stars: 532
I can't be alone in having a wry smile that Keflavik appear to be sponsored by Netto.

As a kid, there literally was nothing more damaging to your playground standing than turning up with your PE kit in a bright yellow and black NETTO carrier bag or having someone point out that an item of your packed lunch was from said shop.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
Heswall Mariner
May 28, 2021, 1:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +580
Gold Stars: 30
Of course I could well be wrong on this - however unless PH has had him over here on trial during their off season I doubt he's seen him play or knows much about the lads' performances over the last couple of years.
Paul Hurst is no Holloway & won't be handing out 2/3 year contracts on a whim & hoping for the best.
Why wait until Hendrie's & Coke's contracts are sorted - neither of who are wingers?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 28, 2021, 1:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,131
Gold Stars: 289
Very disappointing that this rumour doesn't involve sitings at an A180 petrol station, clandestine meetings at Millfields or (God forbid) prominent local chippies.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
KingstonMariner
May 28, 2021, 1:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner
I can't be alone in having a wry smile that Keflavik appear to be sponsored by Netto.

As a kid, there literally was nothing more damaging to your playground standing than turning up with your PE kit in a bright yellow and black NETTO carrier bag or having someone point out that an item of your packed lunch was from said shop.

I remember my niece who was about 10 at the time telling me a joke Netto carriers. Not political correct. 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
SpudUDontLike
May 28, 2021, 1:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Very good at getting fouled by the looks of it

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
Poojah
May 28, 2021, 1:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,402
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from diehardmariner

I'm still getting over the torment brought about by the 'No Frills' crisps that used to turn up in my packed lunch as a kid.

Still, it could be worse. A kid I went to school with at Lindsey was, shall we say, of a very sizeable build. He was a big Liverpool fan, and one weekend had made a trip to Anfield to watch them play with his mum who had very kindly bought him the full, brand new away strip - that unusual mid-90s cream affair with the round collar.

Anyway, the following week he'd proudly packed it into his PE bag to wear during during the football session we were due to have. The sniggers began in the changing room when it became apparent that he hadn't quite got the sizing right - it looked literally painted on, except for the bit between his waistline and his belly button where the material couldn't quite stretch.

You know how brutal these environments can be at the best of times - kids can be such cúnts (hands up, I was no angel). You could hear all the various píss taking going on in the background, duly ignored by the kid - it was all water off a very fat duck's back.

But then he turned round.

He'd had his shirt printed with one of his favourite player's names. Now, Liverpool had some decent players in their ranks in those days - Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stan Collymore. Did he opt for any of those? No. His favourite player was number 15, Patrick Berger.

Everyone píssed themselves laughing, heckling the poor kid relentlessly. The fat lad whose kit didn't fit had only gone and got "BURGER" written on his shirt - with not so much of an ounce of irony intended. He'd have been better off getting the home kit, as at least it would have detracted from the red hue his face duly turned - whether it was anger or embarrassment, or a mix both, I'll never know.

Harsh times.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kian Williams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.