Kris2
May 28, 2021, 2:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner
I can't be alone in having a wry smile that Keflavik appear to be sponsored by Netto.

As a kid, there literally was nothing more damaging to your playground standing than turning up with your PE kit in a bright yellow and black NETTO carrier bag or having someone point out that an item of your packed lunch was from said shop.

The very same people grew up and advocated shopping at Aldi and Lidl because the prices are so much cheaper than Tesco.  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 28, 2021, 3:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 122
Was that him scoring those goals, or providing the passes to set them up? A few sweet strikes but how many seasons were his highlights from?

He does like laying on the ground so it seems. Might be quick with his feet but easily tackled.

His girlfriend is from Grimsby!!! Well....thats a better reason to sign him than any reason Holloway had for anything he signed. Apparantly one could play darts (always on his team when playing), one had once eaten at the same chippy as him, and another once spoke to someone who passed him in the street 10 years ago. All perfectly viable reasons to sign a player.

Lets hope Hurst doesnt sign him out of sympathy for feeling homesick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
male private Nale
May 28, 2021, 3:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I remember my niece who was about 10 at the time telling me a joke Netto carriers. Not political correct. 😆

I have yet to be told a funny ‘politically correct’ joke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
Madeleymariner
May 28, 2021, 3:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
He can't be very good he doesn't have a Wiki page yet  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
GollyGTFC
May 28, 2021, 3:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,055
Gold Stars: 358
I doubt it will happen. He hasn’t even followed anyone with a GTFC connection on Twitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 64
kafunanapar140909
May 28, 2021, 4:03pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I doubt it will happen. He hasn’t even followed anyone with a GTFC connection on Twitter.

Yeah. I’ll only believe it once he follows Dave Moore on Instagram.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
forza ivano
May 28, 2021, 4:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
featured here, about 3rd one down. Doesn't tell us too much, but can't believe the Icelandic 2nd division can be any great shakes

ps has some nice tricks in the video, and if he does sign the tackling in the NL won't come as any surprise looking at some of the agricultural lunges on the video

https://englishplayersabroad.wordpress.com/2020/11/10/five-breakout-stars-of-the-2020-season/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
livosnose
May 28, 2021, 4:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,176
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Poojah

I'm still getting over the torment brought about by the 'No Frills' crisps that used to turn up in my packed lunch as a kid.

Still, it could be worse. A kid I went to school with at Lindsey was, shall we say, of a very sizeable build. He was a big Liverpool fan, and one weekend had made a trip to Anfield to watch them play with his mum who had very kindly bought him the full, brand new away strip - that unusual mid-90s cream affair with the round collar.

Anyway, the following week he'd proudly packed it into his PE bag to wear during during the football session we were due to have. The sniggers began in the changing room when it became apparent that he hadn't quite got the sizing right - it looked literally painted on, except for the bit between his waistline and his belly button where the material couldn't quite stretch.

You know how brutal these environments can be at the best of times - kids can be such cĂșnts (hands up, I was no angel). You could hear all the various pĂ­ss taking going on in the background, duly ignored by the kid - it was all water off a very fat duck's back.

But then he turned round.

He'd had his shirt printed with one of his favourite player's names. Now, Liverpool had some decent players in their ranks in those days - Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stan Collymore. Did he opt for any of those? No. His favourite player was number 15, Patrick Berger.

Everyone pĂ­ssed themselves laughing, heckling the poor kid relentlessly. The fat lad whose kit didn't fit had only gone and got "BURGER" written on his shirt - with not so much of an ounce of irony intended. He'd have been better off getting the home kit, as at least it would have detracted from the red hue his face duly turned - whether it was anger or embarrassment, or a mix both, I'll never know.

Harsh times.

No Frills and Kwik Save.  Tony Ford used to pop in and buy lemon curd tarts when I worked at the one down wellogate !

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 28, 2021, 5:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Poojah

I'm still getting over the torment brought about by the 'No Frills' crisps that used to turn up in my packed lunch as a kid.

Still, it could be worse. A kid I went to school with at Lindsey was, shall we say, of a very sizeable build. He was a big Liverpool fan, and one weekend had made a trip to Anfield to watch them play with his mum who had very kindly bought him the full, brand new away strip - that unusual mid-90s cream affair with the round collar.

Anyway, the following week he'd proudly packed it into his PE bag to wear during during the football session we were due to have. The sniggers began in the changing room when it became apparent that he hadn't quite got the sizing right - it looked literally painted on, except for the bit between his waistline and his belly button where the material couldn't quite stretch.

You know how brutal these environments can be at the best of times - kids can be such cĂșnts (hands up, I was no angel). You could hear all the various pĂ­ss taking going on in the background, duly ignored by the kid - it was all water off a very fat duck's back.

But then he turned round.

He'd had his shirt printed with one of his favourite player's names. Now, Liverpool had some decent players in their ranks in those days - Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stan Collymore. Did he opt for any of those? No. His favourite player was number 15, Patrick Berger.

Everyone pĂ­ssed themselves laughing, heckling the poor kid relentlessly. The fat lad whose kit didn't fit had only gone and got "BURGER" written on his shirt - with not so much of an ounce of irony intended. He'd have been better off getting the home kit, as at least it would have detracted from the red hue his face duly turned - whether it was anger or embarrassment, or a mix both, I'll never know.

Harsh times.

To be fair, he'd only look like Neil Ruddock did in that kit.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
Poojah
May 28, 2021, 5:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,734
Gold Stars: 1,509

To be fair, he'd only look like Neil Ruddock did in that kit.

Not the right kit but the overall look wasn’t too dissimilar to this to be fair.

[img]https://0-i2--prod-irishmirror-ie-0.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w820/s/i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article14108717.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/2_HARRY_HEROES_034JPGed.jpg[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kian Williams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.