Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What other sport ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 139 Guests

What other sport ?

This thread currently has 6,854 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
April 22, 2021, 6:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Withnail
I'm pleased to see no one's into WWF or whatever it's called now. What a load of bolox. Definitely not a sport. More play acting than a weekend of Premier League football.

Oh I'm quite into WWE, love the fan fair about it and the atheltism required to perform like they do.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
AussieMariner
April 22, 2021, 8:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
My primary sport viewing is football and boxing but I love watching most sport although Snooker and Cricket's not for me. In the early days of Lockdown and desperation for live sport I got into Aussie Rules Football, because Australia got on top of Covid early doors it was the first sport back really. I'm a massive fan of it now and usually watch a couple of games a week. You do get proper massacres sometimes but others it goes right down to the last kick of the match and there is still scope to come back even when your 30+ points down. And obviously it's just so bloody Australian, the commentators, the vests, the players trying to out-moustache or grow better mullets than each other and the club songs that boom out on the tannoy sung by the local male glee clubs.

Aussie rules is described by it’s detractors as being like a bunch of seagulls fighting over a chip

It’s a religion though in Melbourne, and if you have a new business meeting which team you support is an inevitable question, and the answer usually determines the outcome of the meeting

As you can imagine the Sydney Swans was not often a productive answer so I chose Collingwood as they play in black and white stripes - then found out they’re the Arsenal of Aussie Rules, the club every other one hates
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2021, 12:31am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from supertown
I swim a mile 3 times a week (when not locked down) and play golf to an average level (15.7)

Where do you swim? I absolutely love swimming outside.

I’m slowly getting back up to speed after that last three month lockdown. The pool I go to is open air so it was able to open up a few weeks ago.

Had a go in the Thames last summer. The water was pretty warm then. Just wondering how long it’ll be before I can get in there again. Missing the sea.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
DB
April 23, 2021, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 387
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I’m slowly getting back up to speed after that last three month lockdown. The pool I go to is open air so it was able to open up a few weeks ago.

Had a go in the Thames last summer. The water was pretty warm then. Just wondering how long it’ll be before I can get in there again. Missing the sea.

Go in the Thames just as the tide turns from high tide and start to swim. Go with the flow and several miles later it reaches the sea. Easy to find, no problem.  

Joking, it's easier by boat.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
Hagrid
April 23, 2021, 11:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,436
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from KingstonMariner

fair play to you! i detest swimming and im garbage at it!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2021, 7:48pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

Go in the Thames just as the tide turns from high tide and start to swim. Go with the flow and several miles later it reaches the sea. Easy to find, no problem.  

Joking, it's easier by boat.

I did an event years ago. 3.6km. (2.25 miles). It was taking me over an hour in the pool to do that. Come the day, the current was that fast it took me 42 minutes. Breastroking mostly. And I was still 700 places behind the leaders!

That was above the tidal section.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2021, 7:50pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from AussieMariner

Aussie rules is described by it’s detractors as being like a bunch of seagulls fighting over a chip

It’s a religion though in Melbourne, and if you have a new business meeting which team you support is an inevitable question, and the answer usually determines the outcome of the meeting

As you can imagine the Sydney Swans was not often a productive answer so I chose Collingwood as they play in black and white stripes - then found out they’re the Arsenal of Aussie Rules, the club every other one hates

There used to be a bloke who hung around with the London Mariners in the early 90s who wore a B&W Aussie rules shirt. I’m all weathers. Wasn’t you was it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
Grimal
April 23, 2021, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
I watch football and cricket mainly. A bit of Rugby League sometimes (can't stand Union) and sometimes watch the Tour de France. Most other sports don't do it for me.

As for participating. Played footy when younger and did a lot of cycle touring, neither of which I do anymore. Thinking of trying walking football when we are allowed, but my main activity now is walking. Done a lot locally during lockdown but will get out into the wilds when lockdown is over. Coastal paths are a favourite, or walking anywhere in the wilds of Britain, especially Scotland.

Ginny, we've been back playing walking football down Bradley since 28th March,I play 4 x 1 hour sessions a week there, Monday 10am ,Tuesday 10am and Thursday 10am and 11am. I'm in the EWFC over 70's squad and had a  training  session in Coleshill last Sunday.
First session at Bradley is free, everyone is made very welcome.Give it a try.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What other sport ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.