Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What other sport ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 120 Guests

What other sport ?

This thread currently has 6,852 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
April 21, 2021, 4:45pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
I will happily sit and watch most sports but, football aside, I'm really into boxing.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2021, 5:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
I was an egg chaser for years, both codes. Played and coached the same group of lads from U7 right through to Colts/Adult.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
Manchester Mariner
April 21, 2021, 5:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
My primary sport viewing is football and boxing but I love watching most sport although Snooker and Cricket's not for me. In the early days of Lockdown and desperation for live sport I got into Aussie Rules Football, because Australia got on top of Covid early doors it was the first sport back really. I'm a massive fan of it now and usually watch a couple of games a week. You do get proper massacres sometimes but others it goes right down to the last kick of the match and there is still scope to come back even when your 30+ points down. And obviously it's just so bloody Australian, the commentators, the vests, the players trying to out-moustache or grow better mullets than each other and the club songs that boom out on the tannoy sung by the local male glee clubs.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
BenBB
April 21, 2021, 5:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
My primary sport viewing is football and boxing but I love watching most sport although Snooker and Cricket's not for me. In the early days of Lockdown and desperation for live sport I got into Aussie Rules Football, because Australia got on top of Covid early doors it was the first sport back really. I'm a massive fan of it now and usually watch a couple of games a week. You do get proper massacres sometimes but others it goes right down to the last kick of the match and there is still scope to come back even when your 30+ points down. And obviously it's just so bloody Australian, the commentators, the vests, the players trying to out-moustache or grow better mullets than each other and the club songs that boom out on the tannoy sung by the local male glee clubs.

Must be difficult to play football upside down!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 67
KingstonMariner
April 21, 2021, 5:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Never played anything to a high level. Like Limerick I don’t watch the Prem. main thing I watch is the Tour de France (mainly the highlights due to work).

I love swimming, outdoors, but don’t do it as a sport. Bit of cycling when the weather’s decent. Do a little circuit which includes a swim in the middle.

Other than that, do a lot of local walking since last Spring. Taken to following rivers round here that flow into the Thames. Lot of points of historical interest.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
cmackenzie4
April 21, 2021, 5:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
[quote=1541]I am an active race-walker, even in my mid 60s.  I plan to do more ultra-distance races in the future.

I like watching local amateur boxing.  My mate's daughter (age 11) is very good so I go along to support.  Enjoy all the bouts on a good night. (No boxer is not allowed to lose for 23 years either).

That’s the sport I use to compete in (Amateur boxing) I had 14 bouts and won 10, met some great people through boxing (mates for life) i even made contact recently (January 2021) with an ex opponent from Leeds, we are hopefully meeting up in the summer In Leeds, we boxed each other 26 years ago.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
Mariner56
April 21, 2021, 6:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
I used to participate in many different sports,
Table tennis,
Badminton
Marathon running
Long distance cycling
Triathlons
Too old for any of them now unfortunately, knees and back have given up on me but really miss those days.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
joe56
April 21, 2021, 6:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Football has always been my number one sport, but I’m also very keen on cycling and horse racing. As a cyclist I’ve ridden in most of the big sportives, and was one of the oldest participants in the inaugural Prudential Ride London event. I’ve also been a spectator having attended a stage of the Tour de France every year since 2007, and have great memories of Mark Cavendish win three times on the Champs Elysees. Other memorable events include the Giro d’Italia, Milan-San Remo, the world championships in Holland and the last Commonwealth Games in Australia. As regards racing, I never missed a Derby for about 15 years and been lucky enough to see most of the great horses since the 70s. Regrettably, I even missed Town’s Div 3 championship clincher to see Dancing Brave win the 2000 Guineas!  I’ve also been involved in ownership syndicates including ones with Henry Cecil and Nicky Henderson. None of this would even begin to compare, though, with Town winning their last 4 league games and surviving relegation!😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 67
ginnywings
April 21, 2021, 6:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
I watch football and cricket mainly. A bit of Rugby League sometimes (can't stand Union) and sometimes watch the Tour de France. Most other sports don't do it for me.

As for participating. Played footy when younger and did a lot of cycle touring, neither of which I do anymore. Thinking of trying walking football when we are allowed, but my main activity now is walking. Done a lot locally during lockdown but will get out into the wilds when lockdown is over. Coastal paths are a favourite, or walking anywhere in the wilds of Britain, especially Scotland.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
Meza
April 21, 2021, 6:36pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,640
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from grimsby pete
We are all footy fans but what other sport do you enjoy watching / playing ?

My playing days are over being nearly 73 and not in the best of health but here are the ones I enjoy watching.

Football *          * Did play in my younger days.
Cricket  *
Rugby
Snooker *
Golf.    *
Athletics *
Boxing
Motor racing
Horse racing

Has anybody played any weird sport or any at a high level.?

Football *          Played Sunday league for many teams started off in Div 8, then 6, 4, and also Div 1.  
Cricket  *           mainly played when at school and got an hattrick in my first game as a bowler.
Rugby               the school i went to (both primary & secondary) didnt play Rugby.  I went to an after club for a few weeks and was pretty good (because i was nippy) but then lost interest.
Snooker *         love a bit Snooker or Pool but rarely get to play these days.
Golf.    *            Yep need to get me Golf bag out soon, i'm s**t mind, but still nice when you play a couple of good holes.
Athletics *         Only at school, or messing about with mates at King George lol.
Boxing              I started Boxing at 12 at the White Hart, enjoyed it, got a bit of a rollocking on my first day trying to do keep me ups with a medicine ball haha.
Motor racing     I did watch a lot of this on TV never been to a GB grand prix.
Horse racing    Only like to bet when the Grand National starts and usually get atleast 1 at each way.

The other thing as well, and not sure if anyone else are like this, but there are also certain sports i can't watch on tv, Golf, and Cricket i really struggle watching it and if i try i end up falling asleep haha.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What other sport ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.