Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What other sport ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 103 Guests

What other sport ?

This thread currently has 6,851 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
April 21, 2021, 7:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Golf as a midhandicapper. Usually around two or three rounds a week and a couple of range/practice sessions.

I run twice a week and will do the odd 10k race. Mainly do it to keep my weight down so I can enjoy eating and drinking what I like and stay at what I would call an acceptable level of fitness for someone my age. So many porkers about in their late 20s/early 30s!

Enjoy watching most sports but can’t abide rugby or motorsport. Anything you can play in a pub has no right to be on sports channels.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
Davec
April 21, 2021, 7:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
Football of course
But I also do like Cricket and I've been to many cricket games, I have a soft spot for the 4/5 dayers and I would go to every single day or sit at home and watch every single day I love it! Even if it bores people

I also like Rugby both forms, I've seen England play in Rugby League and I have also got tickets booked for the Rugby World Cup semi final at Emirates stadium in November, I would like to go to Twickenham one day and watch England rugby union.

I like Snooker, I've been to the crucible before and seen many players. My favourite has to be John Higgins.

I like darts and my favourites are James Wade Gary Anderson and Simon Whitlock, I do also have a soft spot for Dave Chisnall!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
bartgtfc
April 21, 2021, 10:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +191
Gold Stars: 3
Love watching the snooker and played regularly for a local club (at a mediocre standard).
I watch the main golf events & play a little, midhandicapper.
Watch a bit iof darts & went to Ally Pally, awesome atmosphere.
Go to Trent Bridge and watch Notts play when work allows, mainly 20/20 now, as well as seeing England play there.
My lads moved to Vancover so taken an interest in watching the Canucks Ice hockey as well as watching the Whitecaps, great win for them this week.
Used to go horseracing regular, Uttoxeter, Ripon, Thirsk, Doncaster, York etc as well as our local course Market Rasen.
Can't get on with rugby, tennis or Grand Prix.

Pride. Passion. Fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 67
Fillipe Noche
April 21, 2021, 10:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Rick12
Interesting Fillipe. I done skiing once but on a dry slope in high Wycombe. Needed more balance than I initially thought .

Where do you go to ski in the winter?.

French Alps is our preferred location. We love the area around Les Gets, Morzine and Avoriaz in the Portes D Soleil. But we are also quite fond of the Haute Savoie region.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 67
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
April 22, 2021, 12:04am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
I cycle, slowly. Not really a sport for me more a hobby, an expensive hobby at that. I also used to fish purely for pleasure because I was crap at it.

Sports I'm interested in nowadays are baseball, American Football and I really like watching pro cycle races on the telly. Not a rugby fan at all though I can at least watch League. Will occasionally watch cricket when it's on and I like to watch the golf majors.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
GG
April 22, 2021, 12:22am
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Football, baseball (Chicago White Sox) and snooker.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 67
Phisch
April 22, 2021, 10:44am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +19
Cricket - Played a bit of local league for a few years
American Football - Played briefly for the team in Doncaster and have only missed 2 years of the London games, I make sure I attend 1 a year and am a huge Chicago Bears fan, managing to get a ticket for the game at the Spurs ground in 2019

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.....Me <><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
Hagrid
April 22, 2021, 10:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

French Alps is our preferred location. We love the area around Les Gets, Morzine and Avoriaz in the Portes D Soleil. But we are also quite fond of the Haute Savoie region.

i bet thats lovely, would you recommend it for somoene who hasnt Skiied before but would like too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
Dan
April 22, 2021, 11:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
The only other sport I’m interested in watching is F1. I quite like it compared to supporting town, it’s not the case for all F1 fans but I find season by season and race by race I’m completely flexible in which teams and drivers I support. It’s a completely different experience when you can switch up who you support based on which team a driver moves to or how they qualified. I’m really hoping Russel manages to finally score some points in the Williams and also taken a bit of a liking to Lance Stroll and therefore Aston Martin.

Not all races are great and it has been drearily predictable for some time, but individually rather than over the course of the season there’s been some incredible races recently. It’s definitely not a sport you can easily dip into though. You need to understand the rules, the back stories and histories etc to ‘get it’. Drive to survive on Netflix is actually really good for this, albeit hammed up. It’s also one of those things where I’ve just been watching it since 1996 so it’s habit now...but like town.

Participatory, running and 5 a side, but running first and foremost.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
Fillipe Noche
April 22, 2021, 3:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Hagrid

i bet thats lovely, would you recommend it for somoene who hasnt Skiied before but would like too

Absolutely recommend it for beginners yes. Morzine is a great resort with loads going on in the village, from super bars to great restaurants.

Plenty of great beginners ski area with ah abundance of green and blue runs.

They have an excellent ESF ski school there. My recommendation for beginners is to always book your lessons for AM, meaning then that after lunch you can hit the slopes and ski the afternoons at your own leisure and pace.

Morzine is ideally located about 30-40 minutes from Geneva airport, and there are an abundance of ski buses that travel from the airport to the resorts. If you are in a decent group though I would recommend a great minibus shuttle firm called Skidy Gonzales

Take the plunge Hagrid and go for it mate. I guarantee that you will get the ski bug. If our family had to choose between a summer holiday or a ski holiday, it would be skiing every time. You are never too old to start either matey.

Top tip though: Never eat yellow snow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What other sport ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.