Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 234 Guests

The inquest......so what went wrong?

This thread currently has 22,992 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
April 20, 2021, 9:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
Yep, that's it now.

Poor management in the boardroom and selling our best players to save a few pennies. No vision, no ambition, just stupidity.

The loyal fans of this great club have had years of suffering. My nerves are shredded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 160
friskneymariner
April 20, 2021, 9:53pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Looking at the majority of posts in this thread and corelating a certain theme against the red x's there appear to be three of these Fenty appeasers still active 🤔😥

Love to see them have the guts to explain why they still support him, they are either family members who have not got the backbone to come out and explain why they still support him.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 160
RonMariner
April 20, 2021, 9:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
Responsible?

1. Fenty
2. Fenty
3. Fenty

In that order.

Holloway comes in at number 4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 160
Fillipe Noche
April 20, 2021, 9:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
We are talking about a relegation in one season here. Nothing whatsoever to do with past history in connection with John Fenty. The history is of no consequence of what has happened in one season.

The blame for this lays wholly at the door of Ian Holloway.

Holloway was:-

1. The man that championed building in Covid clauses into contracts last summer. Stood there on camera telling the world that other clubs were mad not to adopt Covid clauses. Which ultimately cost us key players who were not prepared to risk the implications of Covid clauses.

2. The man that then set about signing a huge squad of seriously inadequate players. Mostly on the recommendation of his so-called football friends.

3. The man who stood there on camera telling us that he refused to implement a series of pre-season friendlies, and only organised 1 local game at Clee Town. All because he feared Covid. Ironic that he then committed serious breaches of Covid protocols at the training ground, including the now infamous darts match. All of this refusal to get much needed practice matches, whilst other teams completed a serious pre-season fixture campaign.

4. The man that used Covid as an excuse at every rubbish result, whilst also trying to throw in bits of his embarrassingly poor Holloway comedy act, referencing pointless crap from his mum and dad to Donald Trump.

5. The man who then embarrassingly quit when the going got tough, citing the takeover as the reason, because he didn’t want our new owners.

6. The man who, on the day he left, told a member of his staff, that he got it seriously wrong and totally underestimated the level of league 2.

7. The man who let’s face it, was only hear because he thought he was going to make a lot of money out of subsequent developments based around the club, and quit once JF agreed to sell, meaning there was no longer any scope for him to make any money.

8. The man that everyone thought or hoped would be a great appointment, and would have made that same appointment. Who wouldn’t have given Holloway a whirl because he’s had some success at a higher level, and was very popular with a huge amount of football contacts.

When all is said and done, this club started this season in the hands of Holloway. We started it with no real indication that he would take us into a relegation battle.  No reason at all. Stable club with stable finances and a popular leader in Holloway. He played a massive part in the policies around Covid and championed them as a solid and sensible way forward. He was instrumental in it.

For me it is Holloway that is responsible for this mess this season, and for that, I shall never ever forgive him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 160
Madeleymariner
April 20, 2021, 10:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from aussiej
I'll give you another reason why the club has been relegated...
Fenty has been supported by too many people for a number of years and actually thought he was doing OK... and it's those people who supported Fenty who have contributed in Towns fall into non league.... They just couldn't admit they were wrong and the club has now got to suffer for their mistakes...

So a few Fenty fans  posting on a message board prevented JSF selling the club/penny pinching ta\king us down etc.etc. Its nothing to do with them its purely Fenty having full control (no one could have stopped that)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 160
Hagrid
April 20, 2021, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
We are talking about a relegation in one season here. Nothing whatsoever to do with past history in connection with John Fenty. The history is of no consequence of what has happened in one season.

1. The man that championed building in Covid clauses into contracts last summer. Stood there on camera telling the world that other clubs were mad not to adopt Covid clauses. Which ultimately cost us key players who were not prepared to risk the implications of Covid clauses.

2. The man that then set about signing a huge squad of seriously inadequate players. Mostly on the recommendation of his so-called football friends.

3. The man who stood there on camera telling us that he refused to implement a series of pre-season friendlies, and only organised 1 local game at Clee Town. All because he feared Covid. Ironic that he then committed serious breaches of Covid protocols at the training ground, including the now infamous darts match. All of this refusal to get much needed practice matches, whilst other teams completed a serious pre-season fixture campaign.

4. The man that used Covid as an excuse at every rubbish result, whilst also trying to throw in bits of his embarrassingly poor Holloway comedy act, referencing pointless crap from his mum and dad to Donald Trump.

5. The man who then embarrassingly quit when the going got tough, citing the takeover as the reason, because he didn’t want our new owners.

6. The man who, on the day he left, told a member of his staff, that he got it seriously wrong and totally underestimated the level of league 2.

7. The man who let’s face it, was only hear because he thought he was going to make a lot of money out of subsequent developments based around the club, and quit once JF agreed to sell, meaning there was no longer any scope for him to make any money.

8. The man that everyone thought or hoped would be a great appointment, and would have made that same appointment. Who wouldn’t have given Holloway a whirl because he’s had some success at a higher level, and was very popular with a huge amount of football contacts.

When all is said and done, this club started this season in the hands of Holloway. We started it with no real indication that he would take us into a relegation battle.  No reason at all. Stable club with stable finances and a popular leader in Holloway. He played a massive part in the policies around Covid and championed them as a solid and sensible way forward. He was instrumental in it.

For me it is Holloway that is responsible for this mess this season, and for that, I shall never ever forgive him

Everyone is allowed an opinion. But you are a flipping idiot. Sorry its rude but its true

John Fenty. The ego, the greed, the mismanagement, the penny pinching, the benign loans, the embarrasing moment, the fans forum, the covid clauses, the Alex May saga

intercourse off. You and John. Just intercourse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 160
immariner
April 20, 2021, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Fenty and Hollowword's arrogant assumption that this season wouldn't get finished and hence the calibre of player brought in/not retained. That's the crux of it for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 160
Davec
April 20, 2021, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

So your bum boy Fenty takes no responsibility at all? When Holloway was on about the Covid clauses clearly Fenty and Day would have agreed with this? Otherwise it wouldn't have happened...

Oh no sorry that doesn't fit in with your Fenty is blameless for everything narrative
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 160
Fillipe Noche
April 20, 2021, 10:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Hagrid

Everyone is allowed an opinion. But you are a flipping idiot. Sorry its rude but its true

John Fenty. The ego, the greed, the mismanagement, the penny pinching, the benign loans, the embarrasing moment, the fans forum, the covid clauses, the Alex May saga

intercourse off. You and John. Just intercourse off

Shocking and comical reply

Shocking because you have just been highly offensive and directed foul insults at me.

Comical because in your list of reasons why you hate John Fenty, you have the temerity to express dismay that he gave us interest free benign loans. That takes the biscuit

I’d thank you take your insulting and offensive behaviour elsewhere please. I haven’t been foul and abusing towards  you  in my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 160
Zmariner
April 20, 2021, 10:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
The reasons are well enough known.
How will we sell season tickets next season. I have been Hurst a fan but without some great signings absolutely zero chance will i commit to a season ticket.
His record is poor, I appreciate plenty of mitigating factors but I have certainly lost some faith in him.
In fact none of my lot are looking to renew. I will go to some games but my lowest point as a town fan and the prospect of the national league is so grim that it will be a struggle to watch that again.
I feel sorry for Stockwood as this is such a hard product to sell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 160
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.