Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 91 Guests

The inquest......so what went wrong?

This thread currently has 22,836 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
April 20, 2021, 10:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Hagrid

Everyone is allowed an opinion. But you are a flipping idiot. Sorry its rude but its true

John Fenty. The ego, the greed, the mismanagement, the penny pinching, the benign loans, the embarrasing moment, the fans forum, the covid clauses, the Alex May saga

intercourse off. You and John. Just intercourse off

Well said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 160
FishOutOfWater
April 20, 2021, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Only one man to blame

Principal Funder

He made a fortune with fish but with us,  everything about him was always just cheap skate  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 160
DB
April 20, 2021, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
We are talking about a relegation in one season here. Nothing whatsoever to do with past history in connection with John Fenty. The history is of no consequence of what has happened in one season.

The blame for this lays wholly at the door of Ian Holloway.

Holloway was:-

1. The man that championed building in Covid clauses into contracts last summer. Stood there on camera telling the world that other clubs were mad not to adopt Covid clauses. Which ultimately cost us key players who were not prepared to risk the implications of Covid clauses.

2. The man that then set about signing a huge squad of seriously inadequate players. Mostly on the recommendation of his so-called football friends.

3. The man who stood there on camera telling us that he refused to implement a series of pre-season friendlies, and only organised 1 local game at Clee Town. All because he feared Covid. Ironic that he then committed serious breaches of Covid protocols at the training ground, including the now infamous darts match. All of this refusal to get much needed practice matches, whilst other teams completed a serious pre-season fixture campaign.

4. The man that used Covid as an excuse at every rubbish result, whilst also trying to throw in bits of his embarrassingly poor Holloway comedy act, referencing pointless crap from his mum and dad to Donald Trump.

5. The man who then embarrassingly quit when the going got tough, citing the takeover as the reason, because he didn’t want our new owners.

6. The man who, on the day he left, told a member of his staff, that he got it seriously wrong and totally underestimated the level of league 2.

7. The man who let’s face it, was only hear because he thought he was going to make a lot of money out of subsequent developments based around the club, and quit once JF agreed to sell, meaning there was no longer any scope for him to make any money.

8. The man that everyone thought or hoped would be a great appointment, and would have made that same appointment. Who wouldn’t have given Holloway a whirl because he’s had some success at a higher level, and was very popular with a huge amount of football contacts.

When all is said and done, this club started this season in the hands of Holloway. We started it with no real indication that he would take us into a relegation battle.  No reason at all. Stable club with stable finances and a popular leader in Holloway. He played a massive part in the policies around Covid and championed them as a solid and sensible way forward. He was instrumental in it.

For me it is Holloway that is responsible for this mess this season, and for that, I shall never ever forgive him

The person who brought Holloway to the club was no other than John Fenty. He alone was responsible for employing Holloway and failed to sack him when Holloway showed his true inept management style.

In fact, Fenty never sacked Holloway as he jumped ship while John boy was negotiating how to get his money back.

Fenty could have given Hurst an open cheque book to use to save the club from relegation, he didn't.

There is one person and one person only responsible for Towns relegation to the NL and that is John Fenty; the reason being he still owns the club. The club under his stewardship will be relegated and playing in the NL next year, while he like Holloway will disappear to count his money.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 160
Cambs Mariner
April 20, 2021, 10:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Holloway was the straw that broke the camels back this season The person who kept adding to the weight is John Sheldon Fenty. The man is a narcissistic egotist who thought because he got a few quid from selling a fish factory could run a football club. How wrong you were John. Over your tenure you have ruined many people's enjoyment of watching there beloved club. I hope you are suffering from your failures. Yes you are getting your money back but you have lost all respect and you will go down in the annals of history as the biggest failure at Grimsby Town Football Club. I hope you are happy with yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 160
Fillipe Noche
April 20, 2021, 10:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Dear All,

The original poster on this thread asked for views and opinions. I contributed with my opinion.

Following my post of my opinion, certain individuals felt it necessary to become highly rude and offensive, writing insults of a foul nature. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE & IS, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IS CONTRARY TO THE RULES IF THIS FORUM. But I am sure that moderators and admins will confirm this.

I would also point out that in the case of Hagrid, that apologising in advance of being rude and offensive, and then going on to still be rude and offensive, does not in any way make such offensive and insulting behaviour acceptable. On the contrary, if you apologise in advance of such behaviour, it actually makes the said behaviour even worse.

I hope that admin will deal with this type of behaviour appropriately

Felipe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 160
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We are talking about a relegation in one season here. Nothing whatsoever to do with past history in connection with John Fenty. The history is of no consequence of what has happened in one season.

1. The man that championed building in Covid clauses into contracts last summer. Stood there on camera telling the world that other clubs were mad not to adopt Covid clauses. Which ultimately cost us key players who were not prepared to risk the implications of Covid clauses.

2. The man that then set about signing a huge squad of seriously inadequate players. Mostly on the recommendation of his so-called football friends.

3. The man who stood there on camera telling us that he refused to implement a series of pre-season friendlies, and only organised 1 local game at Clee Town. All because he feared Covid. Ironic that he then committed serious breaches of Covid protocols at the training ground, including the now infamous darts match. All of this refusal to get much needed practice matches, whilst other teams completed a serious pre-season fixture campaign.

4. The man that used Covid as an excuse at every rubbish result, whilst also trying to throw in bits of his embarrassingly poor Holloway comedy act, referencing pointless crap from his mum and dad to Donald Trump.

5. The man who then embarrassingly quit when the going got tough, citing the takeover as the reason, because he didn’t want our new owners.

6. The man who, on the day he left, told a member of his staff, that he got it seriously wrong and totally underestimated the level of league 2.

7. The man who let’s face it, was only hear because he thought he was going to make a lot of money out of subsequent developments based around the club, and quit once JF agreed to sell, meaning there was no longer any scope for him to make any money.

8. The man that everyone thought or hoped would be a great appointment, and would have made that same appointment. Who wouldn’t have given Holloway a whirl because he’s had some success at a higher level, and was very popular with a huge amount of football contacts.

When all is said and done, this club started this season in the hands of Holloway. We started it with no real indication that he would take us into a relegation battle.  No reason at all. Stable club with stable finances and a popular leader in Holloway. He played a massive part in the policies around Covid and championed them as a solid and sensible way forward. He was instrumental in it.

For me it is Holloway that is responsible for this mess this season, and for that, I shall never ever forgive him

And the previous 16 years before Holloway........?

How many relegations? How many near misses?

We've been reaching this point since we got back into the league. They say you learn from your mistakes...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 160
Yoda
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,949
Gold Stars: 65
Fenty is to blame he should of been chased out the club last relegation but all the happy clappers supported him.

Hurst has to take some blame he’s performance has been woeful.

It’s going to be a hard sell to get fans back in the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 160
DB
April 20, 2021, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383

Shocking and comical reply

Shocking because you have just been highly offensive and directed foul insults at me.

Comical because in your list of reasons why you hate John Fenty, you have the temerity to express dismay that he gave us interest free benign loans. That takes the biscuit

I’d thank you take your insulting and offensive behaviour elsewhere please. I haven’t been foul and abusing towards  you  in my opinion

You are entitled to put your opinions on here like anybody else. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the others don't appear to agree with you. Have you ever wondered why!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 160
RonMariner
April 20, 2021, 10:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
The tragic thing is that this relegation was so easily preventable, even In January.

Yes, Holloway was an disaster. His team were crap. But anyone with a brain cell would have realised that we had to spend the dosh and bring in some quality players.

I said at the time that we must not rely on kids, has beens and non league players. But that is exactly what we got. Why? Because we would not invest in good players.

Before anyone trots out the ‘oh it’s difficult to sign players in January’ excuse, go back and look at where Bradford were, who they signed, and where they are now. Same with Barrow.

We are going down because we tried to do it on the cheap, not once but twice in the same friggin season!

FFS. It is so criminals inept that it seems deliberate. Couldn’t do a worse job if you wanted to be relegated.

Disgusting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 160
Zmariner
April 20, 2021, 10:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43

Some of your posts have been sensible but I am now of the opinion that you talk nonsense.
This is not a one season relegation , we try to get relegated each season, look at the statistics.
Who employed Holloway?
Who sanctioned so many odd looking signings?
As he became more and more mental why was he not sacked?
Why did we not prepare for the season properly?
Why were better players released?
The board have to be culpable here as well as does Hurst who has done a very poor job since being appointed
The issues are deeper than Holloway and so your reasoning is blinkered and illogical
Try to present a more balanced and logical view or don't bother
Your nonsense makes posters bite and then you feel sorry for yourself. If you lead with your chin expect to get hit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 160
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.