Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 350 Guests

The inquest......so what went wrong?

This thread currently has 22,840 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
April 20, 2021, 10:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 92
JSF dismantled the club until it was no longer a danger.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 160
DB
April 20, 2021, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,872
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I’m sorry but it is.

We have not been relegated prior to this season, following our return to the EFL.

We haven’t been promoted either, but we certainly haven’t been relegated, and our club has operated on what has been far from being the 24th worst budget in EFL2. So managers have been financially supported in a manner that would not suggest a relegation was on the cards.

The managers have chosen how to utilise that budget. In this instance, our budget was largely spent by Ian Holloway, with his approach and policies for the season.

Ian Holloway is to blame for spending the majority of the budget on a team void of quality and experience, and for miss-managing the entire Covid situation.

It very definitely has been a one season relegation

People can have opinions of the historyonics of things prior to that, and that’s okay. But it doesn’t change the fact that, even though we don’t have the biggest budget in terms of promotion chasing, neither are we anywhere near the 24th worst budget. Our manager was supported financially and Holloway messed up massively

That’s my opinion

Louis Boyd must have cost a fortune in transfer fees, agent fees, and compensation to Healing School.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 160
Fillipe Noche
April 20, 2021, 10:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

Louis Boyd must have cost a fortune in transfer fees, agent fees, and compensation to Healing School.

I’m not sure what your point is.

Boyd was a moment of desperation, a straw clutch, a lucky roll of a dice. Holloway trying to make a Covid statement if you like.

A kid that did well in a moment of the game, receiving a ball well, moving it well and then hitting a well struck shot. Does that make him a star of the future. Does it hell. Hope the kid does make a career for himself, but that one moment doesn’t make him a sustainable success.

I’m really not sure what your point is.

Many would argue, why was he putting a 15 year old kid on the bench when he signed a huge squad of players of his own choice. What does that say about his ability to identify players and sign them ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 160
Abdul19
April 20, 2021, 10:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

I read one sentence of this and that’s it. What a load of Bollox , take hold of Fenty’s hand and dance off into the sunset.

I managed 3 and felt ripped off.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 160
marinerjase
April 20, 2021, 11:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
Is Philip Nonce still posting??

Could’ve sworn he’s left this forum 20 times in the last 3 months.

Hagrid has you summed up bang on.

If you had anything decent to say it wouldn’t be so bad..but you don’t. Just the same old boring drivel. Your support of your pal has more holes in it than a cullender.

He’s going..apparently..17 years too late btw..I suggest if you’re that fascinated by him you go follow him to whatever he’s doing next and live happily ever after.

Hope you’re happy together.

Whilst you do that this club will get back in its feet, will take time to recover from the monumental intercourse up that it’s been - but with decent people at the helm, and those around, and a fan base that will get behind said people - in time your mates  tenure will be only seen in the clubs history as what it is and has been

A complete failure.

Good riddance.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 160
DB
April 20, 2021, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,872
Gold Stars: 383

I’m not sure what your point is.

I’m really not sure what your point is.

You said :-

"The managers have chosen how to utilise that budget. In this instance, our budget was largely spent by Ian Holloway, with his approach and policies for the season.

Ian Holloway is to blame for spending the majority of the budget on a team void of quality and experience, "

Your blaming Holloway for spending which would have to have been authorized by the board. Everything including recruitment was done on the cheeeeeeeeap. Boyd was just an example.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 160
Zmariner
April 20, 2021, 11:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43

I’m sorry but it is.

We have not been relegated prior to this season, following our return to the EFL.

We haven’t been promoted either, but we certainly haven’t been relegated, and our club has operated on what has been far from being the 24th worst budget in EFL2. So managers have been financially supported in a manner that would not suggest a relegation was on the cards.

The managers have chosen how to utilise that budget. In this instance, our budget was largely spent by Ian Holloway, with his approach and policies for the season.

Ian Holloway is to blame for spending the majority of the budget on a team void of quality and experience, and for miss-managing the entire Covid situation.

It very definitely has been a one season relegation

People can have opinions of the historyonics of things prior to that, and that’s okay. But it doesn’t change the fact that, even though we don’t have the biggest budget in terms of promotion chasing, neither are we anywhere near the 24th worst budget. Our manager was supported financially and Holloway messed up massively

That’s my opinion

Holloway was completely responsible for mismanaging Covid - all on his own. Do you really believe that, there was no guidance at all...........who would have known that he was TOTALLY responsible. Smart reply
All relegations are one season if we are being pedantic but we have been knocking on the door. How do you not see that.
In my opinion you are blinkered and unable to present a balanced argument. You are one dimensional, any idiot can see that as bad as Holloway was there is more to it.
Your opinion is absolutely unbalanced and drivel- that is my opinion and I suspect that of the rest on here. You are the only one with your opinion , do you not question your logic. Are you so smart and we are so stupid. Plenty of smart guys on here but only one has your opinion and that is you.
I conclude, you are either unable to take off your blinkers or possibly have been hypnotised. My teenagers can present a more coherent argument than you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 160
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 20, 2021, 11:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548

I’m sorry but it is.

We haven’t been promoted either, but we certainly haven’t been relegated.

Welcome back Jane Austen.

I’ve put your opinion into Google translate and it’s converted it from Jane Austen back into English. It looks like some of your best work.

“In 2018 no one died. In 2019 no one died. In 2020...no one died. In 2021...someone died”.

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUoT5AxFpRs[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 160
toontown
April 20, 2021, 11:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,158
Gold Stars: 69
opprobrious is the primary one responsible for our demise to non league again under his leadership, obviously. One of the most breathtakingly bad chairmen in EFL history i would imagine, and that's up against some pretty stiff competition!

Hollowhead has a share of the responsibility, but much of what he did (no pre season, inflated size squad of little quality, signing players he had never seen etc was signed off by the board (opprobrious). The opprobrious penny pinching has caught up with us repeatedly, we are constantly circling the plug hole under him, and it was just one time too many. He even penny pinched second time around in January as has been pointed out, when it was so plain we were doomed unless we forked out for proper players all over the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 160
toontown
April 20, 2021, 11:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,158
Gold Stars: 69
The site is randomly changing c-u-n-t-y to opprobrious
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 160
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.