Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 167 Guests

The inquest......so what went wrong?

This thread currently has 22,835 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
essexexile
April 20, 2021, 11:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from DB
From Championship to NL, again, via L2 is the achievement of the Fenty years. Failed to invest in the team, failed to invest in the stadium, and failed to have decent training facilities.

His only success is to get all his money back plus the extra £200K of trust shares. What a reward for the failure of Grimsby Town and his lack of care for the club and fans. A load of sh!t.

And he’s got the nerve to call himself a fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 160
KingstonMariner
April 20, 2021, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
One word answer Fenty.

He’s getting every penny back. And more. Shameless.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 160
RexFannies
April 21, 2021, 12:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time

Fenty. And Fenty again if we don’t come up next season due to him taking his ball with him. I wish him nothing but failure in both his professional and personal life.

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 82 - 160
KingstonMariner
April 21, 2021, 3:21am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I’m sorry but it is.

We have not been relegated prior to this season, following our return to the EFL.

We haven’t been promoted either, but we certainly haven’t been relegated, and our club has operated on what has been far from being the 24th worst budget in EFL2. So managers have been financially supported in a manner that would not suggest a relegation was on the cards.

The managers have chosen how to utilise that budget. In this instance, our budget was largely spent by Ian Holloway, with his approach and policies for the season.

Ian Holloway is to blame for spending the majority of the budget on a team void of quality and experience, and for miss-managing the entire Covid situation.

It very definitely has been a one season relegation

People can have opinions of the historyonics of things prior to that, and that’s okay. But it doesn’t change the fact that, even though we don’t have the biggest budget in terms of promotion chasing, neither are we anywhere near the 24th worst budget. Our manager was supported financially and Holloway messed up massively

That’s my opinion

Are you thick or deliberately disregarding your pal's tenure? It's been more than one relegation out of the football league (let alone the near misses and the previous relegations down to the 4th division).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 160
KingstonMariner
April 21, 2021, 3:29am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Shocking and comical reply

Shocking because you have just been highly offensive and directed foul insults at me.

Comical because in your list of reasons why you hate John Fenty, you have the temerity to express dismay that he gave us interest free benign loans. That takes the biscuit

I’d thank you take your insulting and offensive behaviour elsewhere please. I haven’t been foul and abusing towards  you  in my opinion

His insults are born of frustration. People just cannot get through to you. You point blank ignore the evidence, and most of the time when asked a question you completely ignore it and answer a question you haven't been asked. Whilst you haven't used abusive language, your behaviour has been very rude and dismissive and you display a superior attitude. Bad manners all round. If you want to be treated civilly, act civilly. If you can't act civilly, expect to reap what you sow. If you don't like that you can log off and do something else.

Didn't they teach you any real manners at your grammar school?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 160
Swansea_Mariner
April 21, 2021, 4:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62

Welcome back Jane Austen.

I’ve put your opinion into Google translate and it’s converted it from Jane Austen back into English. It looks like some of your best work.

“In 2018 no one died. In 2019 no one died. In 2020...no one died. In 2021...someone died”.

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUoT5AxFpRs[/url]

Lol that's the funniest thing I've ever read on here 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 160
grimps
April 21, 2021, 5:37am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Without doubt the blame for this clubs Long demise should be laid squarely at Fentys feet , but ......
A mentally unstable Holloway should also be blamed for Kamikaze football in our six yard box , failing to recruit a side until September and continuing to add a player of lesser quality every week after then pissing off just before the transfer window .
Hurst coming in January and telling the players they’re all on their way out from the club and demoralising an already excrement team , recruiting unfit players that needed two months to find match fitness.
The  board ( including trust members ) for not questioning why we’d had no preseason or assembled a squad before the first match of the season .
Finally us the fans for continuing to accept this dross season after season , give him ten games , wait until Christmas , they’ll be alright when players come back from injury , or when players get match fit , we’re not championship anymore ect ect .

It looks like Hurst will take charge again  next season , if I was the chairman or on the board I’d let it be clear that if we’re not in the top 3 after ten games then he’s gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 160
aldi_01
April 21, 2021, 5:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Fenty...no need for debate. In most other countries he’s have been hounded out years ago. He wasn’t. People swallowed his bullshit and those who challenged and spoke out were shot down, sometimes publicly by the very man who’s caused all this.

Holloway to some extent but it’s not fair to bully or call out the mentally ill...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 160
Incognito
April 21, 2021, 6:56am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +249
I think it's fairly obvious who's to blame here... For those who aren't quite sure he has done the following:

- Joined the board in the late 1990s
- Fetched embarrassment onto the club for various reasons, from snapping a fellow fans flag, to inviting convicted fraudsters to the club for a money making scheme.
- Allowing our top scorer for 30+ years leave on a free transfer for giving him a worse contract than he was offered just six months previously.
- Effectively forcing the Mariners Trust to hand him shares, only to make money on those shares around 10 years later when selling the business.
- The "poaching" of Scott/Hurst from Boston, ending up costing nearly 4x the original asking fee.
- Voting for B teams
- That fans forum...
- Calling Stockwood/Shutes/Pettit tyre kickers, whilst behind their back making a business with a convicted fraudster. Nearly 2 years later, Stockwood and Pettit are hopefully going to take over...
- Appointing, in my opinion, various wrong managers, and bringing managers back because they seem to be his "mates"..

And then after that, we have the man who talked a lot of gibberish at times, blamed covid for everything, whilst playing darts and breaking the rules. Are Netflix wanting to make a documentary on it all yet, as it could be an interesting watch?

The only hope we have now is the new takeover does go through, albeit a division below where we had hoped, give them a clean slate, rally behind them like I'm sure we will, and give the town something we can be proud in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 160
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2021, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Now I'm a bit less angry and a bit more reflective we came back into the EFL in 2016 with no real plan to move the club forward on and off the pitch other than the pipedream of the mystical new stadium.

We didn't retain a couple of key players from the promotion side and allowed a decent manager who had the loyalty of his players if not all the fans to leave as there was no plan.  

Other than covering the cost of a massive squad under Bignot I'm not sure where the Bogle money went, it wasn't a massive amount in football terms but used wisely it would have been better utilised.

Slade was a poor appointment as it compounded the folly and Jolley despite a positive start was exposed pretty quickly.

Then came Holloway, recruited in a fanfare but then allowed to practice his lunacy in an environment where the exec of the club had lost sight of the clubs actual purpose.

What was allowed to happen in terms of bizarre recruitment decisions was criminal and if the board of any non football business had have operated like that they would have been fired.

Ironically it was the blindness and arrogance of John Fenty who was so remote from reality that he didn't understand the impact of the engagement if Alex May which all being well will be the catalyst for his long overdue exit from the club.

So in short,

- An owner who didn't have a growth mindset.
- Poor control and recruitment.
- Total lack of understanding what the club is actually there for and what it means to so many.

All being well May 5th will go by as we all hope and there will be brighter times ahead despite the club paying the price for years of "the custodians of the club" not actually doing right by it's stake holders at every level.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 160
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The inquest......so what went wrong?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.