geir
April 11, 2021, 1:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

What is the Lincoln model ? I know they got a bit of investment but other than that they gambled on a manager with only non league experience and it paid off , the crowds came cos they were winning most weeks so what was the model exactly

If this Lincoln "model" is a model that involves us winning most weeks - I would definitely go for that model. Sounds like a great model.  

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 84
arryarryarry
April 11, 2021, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from nightrider
Christ going off this thread youd think this squad of players were in the top half of the table

Is Matete really league 1 standard? He might think he is but Fleetwood weren't impressed enough to play him and 15games no goals suggest otherwise.
We're still not even close to winning games (you need to score goals - we could play for 300mins and still fail)
We always get on the strikers back for not scoring but surely the midfield could have chipped in with their fair share

Back two should be signed. If Matt Green was considered value at 100k a year, I dread to think what Hewitt is worth. Going off that,  he could be the first million pound a week player?  
I'd keep Spokes. The two local lads clifton and Wright. I think he might keep Coke.
The rest wouldn't be missed, would they?

Put it this way. If we were in the conference, we wouldn't be happy signing a bunch of players who have just helped a team finish bottom of the league

Great comment.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 84
Yoda
April 11, 2021, 2:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Jackson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 84
pontoonlew
April 11, 2021, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178

Do you think the present team will challenge for the title next year in NL?

I think the defence would absolutely. The strike force would struggle in NLN
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 84
malkamalka
April 11, 2021, 3:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17

What is the Lincoln model ? I know they got a bit of investment but other than that they gambled on a manager with only non league experience and it paid off , the crowds came cos they were winning most weeks so what was the model exactly

Well, I don't know the specifics except their Investor put in £300k and next thing, they're out of the National League and top of League One. True, it's fizzling out a bit now, but they still have the potential to be a Championship club very soon.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 84
jamesgtfc
April 11, 2021, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from malkamalka

Well, I don't know the specifics except their Investor put in £300k and next thing, they're out of the National League and top of League One. True, it's fizzling out a bit now, but they still have the potential to be a Championship club very soon.

They made a lot of money from their cup run and invested it correctly. £2m seems to ring a bell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 84
jonnyboy82
April 11, 2021, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Not gonna make a list but a mention to giles coke who came in and instantly gave it everything, wouldn't mind him here next season as our captain.

Macca as much as he has been loyal and a great keeper for us it's time for him to move on to a new challenge.

We will be in the national league so a mix of experience and youth is important but the majority have to move on.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 84
devs
April 11, 2021, 3:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Assuming all of the loan players go back (and you have to, really) that doesn't leave a lot

Hewitt
Habergham
Clifton
Spokes
Lenny

50/50
Macca
Hendrie
Gibson
Jackson

The rest I am not fussed if they left - and PH won't play deadwood like Scannell

If any loanees could be brought back
Coke
Matete
Menayese

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 84
Northbank Mariner
April 11, 2021, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from devs
Assuming all of the loan players go back (and you have to, really) that doesn't leave a lot

Hewitt
Habergham
Clifton
Spokes
Lenny

50/50
Macca
Hendrie
Gibson
Jackson

The rest I am not fussed if they left - and PH won't play deadwood like Scannell

If any loanees could be brought back
Coke
Matete
Menayese

Coke's not on loan Devs, he's our player until the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 84
Hagrid
April 11, 2021, 4:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Not sure on how anyone can be 50/50 on gibson and Jackson

I like What Ira has to say but on the pitch just not good enough

Gibson is worse.  3 year deal.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players I’d keep

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.