Habergham
Clifton
Matete
Lamy
Shop
Wright
Not sure if Coke could last but he’s been excellent

I’d keep Eastwood but no chance he’d come with us

As you’ve noted I’d include Spokes too and give Coke a year providing he can prove he’s still got enough in the tank to play a run of full games. I’m pretty much in the same view as you.

Matete won’t come back when his loan is up and I’d be really surprised if Menayesse and Hewitt are with us next season.

I’d offer Pollock a slightly improved deal so that we could ask for a fee if he moves, I think that’s the rule isn’t it?

I think as well as adding the right talent Hurst has a massive task on his hands off loading the contracted dead wood that Holloway brought in.

I’m with Hurst on I can’t wait for this season to end as there needs to be lots of changes.
Posted by: fishcake63, April 11, 2021, 10:31am; Reply: 3
you've alot of under contracted players left off that list , going to be an expensive summer for the new owners paying that lot off
Posted by: fishcake63, April 11, 2021, 10:33am; Reply: 4
Also giles coke would be first on that list think he actually been hursts best signing keeps it simple never misses a pass
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, April 11, 2021, 10:33am; Reply: 5
Maybe some of those contacted players have relegation clauses, either way they need getting shot of.
Posted by: Nutsy, April 11, 2021, 10:44am; Reply: 6
Who have we got that’s contracted next season: I’d keep the young ones (Jackson etc) and either have them in the squad or loan them out

Waterfall I would try to offload
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 11, 2021, 10:56am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Nutsy
McKeown
Menayese
Hendrie
Hewitt
Habergham
Clifton
Matete
Lamy
Shop
Wright

All those players have "helped" us to be bottom of the entire Football league and you would keep them??

I think Hurst will have a really big clear out and set his sights much higher than that. I hope he does anyway.
Posted by: davmariner, April 11, 2021, 10:59am; Reply: 8
I think Hurst’s clear out will be bigger than expected. Football is about confidence and mentality. Having too many players from the relegation season will risk that same mentality rolling over into the next season. I’m expecting maybe one or two to survive the cut. Don’t forget our current players are earning EFL wages.

Hanson and Green are especially well paid so I don’t think they will be here next season. Definitely not in Green’s case.
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 11, 2021, 11:00am; Reply: 9
Hanson and Green will be out of contract and will presumably free up a decent chunk of budget.

I doubt that the likes of Hewitt and Hendrie will choose to stay.

God knows what we do with the likes of Rose, Waterfall and Scannell.

Posted by: oochiad, April 11, 2021, 11:00am; Reply: 10

All those players have "helped" us to be bottom of the entire Football league and you would keep them??

I think Hurst will have a really big clear out and set his sights much higher than that. I hope he does anyway.

I think thats a little unfair. With a good final third we wouldn't have been in this mess. Hurst has got the the defence and midfield ticking over and matching pretty much all teams we've played on our run of draws. Finishers is where we've really lacked......
Posted by: Stew0_0, April 11, 2021, 11:02am; Reply: 11
Personally dont think Habergham is the answer at left back. Would prefer a younger, quicker player with the engine to get up and down.
Agree with trying to sign Menayese and Matete permanently, though cant see later signing even if we stay up.

Building a solid platform from the back with  Hewitt - Menayese in the middle is key, its up front where we need to start again as we simply dont create or score enough at the moment even when playing with 3 up front.

Also not convinced Lamy has done enough to be retained.
Posted by: HarrogateMariner, April 11, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 12
I completely get the argument that these players have been involved in our likely relegation,  but as some have said aspects of the team are not what you would call relegation material, such as the defence.

I hate the constant changing of players, i want a settled squad. Don't get me wrong I understand significant changes are required over the summer,  but I feel Hurst has already started to build that team spirit and bond with some players and for me the worst thing that could happen now would be for us to start again with a completely new squad.

I would look to keep the following, however as others have said I think some will find league clubs:

Macca
Hewitt
Meyannese
Harbergham
Clifton
Coke
Spokes
Metete
Wright
John-Lewis

Gives us, in my opinion, a decent solid base to build from. Don't think Metete, Hewitt or Meyannese will stay. So that would leave 7, with Hurst then looking for about 13 new players to give him a squad of approximately 20 that he likes to work with. That on its own is a huge task, never mind finding 20 new players.

Regarding those under contract and Hurst doesn't want , I think it will be an early test for the new owners. Do they pay them off or let them rot in reserves? It's obvious Hurst does not rate the likes of Rose, Williams,  Jackson, Gibson. Better for all if they go.

Going to be an interesting summer.
Posted by: barrattstandman, April 11, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 13
It all depends who of the better players are prepared to accept playing in the National League. Not many I would think as there will probably be offers of league football for most of those better ones .
It's a sad fact but who would you choose out of Grimsby in non league or shall we say Morcombe or Harrogate ? It's a no brainer for a footballer
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 11, 2021, 12:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from oochiad

I think thats a little unfair. With a good final third we wouldn't have been in this mess. Hurst has got the the defence and midfield ticking over and matching pretty much all teams we've played on our run of draws. Finishers is where we've really lacked......

Football is a very unfair game. We are talking about composing a promotion-winning side at the first attempt if possible. These players are bang average( at best) and none of them have the look of promotion material to me. From the games I have seen they have been very poor, and just to keep in games is hardly an endorsement.  

As ever you pays your money and takes your choice, but I would imagine Hurst will be licking his lips at the thought of who he might be able to sign if he can pay them good money, have a decent story to tell about how the club is going to be run, and the fact that we will be a big fish in a smaller pond. You never know, we might even BUY a player!
Posted by: Hagrid, April 11, 2021, 12:04pm; Reply: 15
Get rid of max wright.
Posted by: Zmariner, April 11, 2021, 12:06pm; Reply: 16
Hewitt, Menayese, possibly Matete. I respect Clifton too. Hendrie should be good enough
Yes somecould play higher up but money talks. Good 3 year deals then why not. The new owners have a dilemma, to even contemplate watching the national leage weekly the squad will have to be very good. I will never desert and will go to matches but will not commit to the usual season ticket without a real show of intent. I suspect a lot will be like me.  A moderate national league team will be Ok to watch in games against the old league clubs , but Boreham Wood etc. ...... Personally, that would be one for the radio unless we are in the top 5.
This is tough for the new owners and I love the idea of a new training ground etc. but it will still not get me to attend a game against Solihull ( who are usually decent) on a cold, wet Tuesday night if we are mid table. Brutal but just the way I feel after the last few years. utm

Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 11, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 17

A lot of those have also made us much harder to beat. Sadly some aren't ours to keep.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 11, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Hagrid
Get rid of max wright.

Fully fit max I’d keep but just seems one of those players who won’t play that much and pains me to say Clifton although clearly gives it everything doesn’t have the quality in midfield his preferred position. The two or three I would keep won’t be here anyway so I’d move the lot of them on
Posted by: malkamalka, April 11, 2021, 12:30pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Nutsy
McKeown
Menayese
Hendrie
Hewitt
Habergham
Clifton
Matete
Lamy
Shop
Wright

I think it depends if offers come in for those players? Some of them are bigger earners and getting a fee gives us a Win/Win.

The squad needs a serious re-build and if the money is available, we need to be looking at a top half League 2 squad at the very least. This new era will either be a very successful project, or another very poor failure. There is no in between for me. Constantly floating around in the top half of NL or bottom half of League 2 is zero improvement to me. I hope they look at the Lincoln model and try to follow that to a certain degree. Only time will tell, but between the lines, Hurst appears to have been told he has the job at rebuilding the football club, initially at least.

Posted by: barrattstandman, April 11, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 20
Don't forget those out of contract HAVE to be offered better terms or they are free agents . Even with new owners don't think money will be a bottomless  pit . I think some of you think we will have money to burn but that will not be the case as the club will be run more efficiently  but still with an eye on fincial issues
Posted by: carrot top, April 11, 2021, 12:43pm; Reply: 21
I’d like to see what budget is available first of all as we need wholesale changes and not just on the pitch. That said there is only a small crop of the current squad to retain IMO. New broom and all that. Here’s to a competitive budget for next season and not a penny pinching ‘Fenty’ one
Posted by: Zmariner, April 11, 2021, 12:47pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from barrattstandman
Don't forget those out of contract HAVE to be offered better terms or they are free agents . Even with new owners don't think money will be a bottomless  pit . I think some of you think we will have money to burn but that will not be the case as the club will be run more efficiently  but still with an eye on fincial issues

This is the gamble , how do you sell season tickets to a disenchanted fan base. Our better players could be L2 targets I agree. Matete could be out of scope but why the others. We have aimed low for so long it seems to be the only way. It will not be easy to sell season tickets next season and personally I would want to see some of the better players offered competitive terms. If we look like we will be competitive from the off many of us will be on board. For me this is all about intent. Infratsructure is essential but winning football matches in the be all and end all utm
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2021, 1:04pm; Reply: 23

Football is a very unfair game. We are talking about composing a promotion-winning side at the first attempt if possible. These players are bang average( at best) and none of them have the look of promotion material to me. From the games I have seen they have been very poor, and just to keep in games is hardly an endorsement.  

I agree, some of the better player probably wont want to drop to Non League the rest are just not good enough. Both Holloway and Hurst have tried to rely on players going backwards in their careers and none have been fit enough to last 90 minutes let alone several games.

Get rid of most of this shower.
Posted by: Davec, April 11, 2021, 1:11pm; Reply: 24
We do need a clear out and when we get relegated tough decisions need to be made and sometimes players who you would like to keep should be let go, we would have been relegated so irrespective of the team being tougher to beat now, changes need to be made and we will likely be dealing with a smaller squad so at best I would hope only 2 or 3 are retained maybe 4 or 5 but certainly no more than that as we need to try and remove as much baggage as we can.

And then we need to try and assemble a sqaud of players mainly of league 2 level so we stand the best possible chance of getting promotion at the first attempt and if that happens with a squad of league 2 players we can add a couple instead of making wholesale changes again and go with the aim of being a good league 2 team instead of the usual aim of "finishing 22nd in the league"
Posted by: Zmariner, April 11, 2021, 1:31pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Davec
We do need a clear out and when we get relegated tough decisions need to be made and sometimes players who you would like to keep should be let go, we would have been relegated so irrespective of the team being tougher to beat now, changes need to be made and we will likely be dealing with a smaller squad so at best I would hope only 2 or 3 are retained maybe 4 or 5 but certainly no more than that as we need to try and remove as much baggage as we can.

And then we need to try and assemble a sqaud of players mainly of league 2 level so we stand the best possible chance of getting promotion at the first attempt and if that happens with a squad of league 2 players we can add a couple instead of making wholesale changes again and go with the aim of being a good league 2 team instead of the usual aim of "finishing 22nd in the league"

Exactly my point , for once thinking ahead expecting to be succesful. For precedent look at Fleetwood and Crawley, they expected to go up , it cost, and they did it
The first chance will be the best chance , I think we are forced to gamble if funds are available. I am a Hurst fan but with backing he has to "walk the walk" ,yesterdays interview was full of mystery but cannot shroud the fact that although we are greatly improved we donot win matches. The time for talk will soon be over

Utm
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 11, 2021, 1:35pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from malkamalka

I think it depends if offers come in for those players? Some of them are bigger earners and getting a fee gives us a Win/Win.

The squad needs a serious re-build and if the money is available, we need to be looking at a top half League 2 squad at the very least. This new era will either be a very successful project, or another very poor failure. There is no in between for me. Constantly floating around in the top half of NL or bottom half of League 2 is zero improvement to me. I hope they look at the Lincoln model and try to follow that to a certain degree. Only time will tell, but between the lines, Hurst appears to have been told he has the job at rebuilding the football club, initially at least.

What is the Lincoln model ? I know they got a bit of investment but other than that they gambled on a manager with only non league experience and it paid off , the crowds came cos they were winning most weeks so what was the model exactly
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 11, 2021, 1:36pm; Reply: 27
Amazes me that people want almost the whole squad gone given the improvements that have been made in defence and midfield. Players often get better the more they play alongside each other, the back 5 with at least Coke and Spokes are the spine of an extremely good conference side.

We do however need a completely new attacking unit but getting rid of everyone and starting again will give us at least a 3 year sentence down there.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 11, 2021, 1:38pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from pontoonlew
Amazes me that people want almost the whole squad gone given the improvements that have been made in defence and midfield. Players often get better the more they play alongside each other, the back 5 with at least Coke and Spokes are the spine of an extremely good conference side.

We do however need a completely new attacking unit but getting rid of everyone and starting again will give us at least a 3 year sentence down there.

Do you think the present team will challenge for the title next year in NL?
Posted by: nightrider, April 11, 2021, 1:41pm; Reply: 29
Christ going off this thread youd think this squad of players were in the top half of the table

Is Matete really league 1 standard? He might think he is but Fleetwood weren't impressed enough to play him and 15games no goals suggest otherwise.
We're still not even close to winning games (you need to score goals - we could play for 300mins and still fail)
We always get on the strikers back for not scoring but surely the midfield could have chipped in with their fair share

Back two should be signed. If Matt Green was considered value at 100k a year, I dread to think what Hewitt is worth. Going off that,  he could be the first million pound a week player?  ;D
I'd keep Spokes. The two local lads clifton and Wright. I think he might keep Coke.
The rest wouldn't be missed, would they?

Put it this way. If we were in the conference, we wouldn't be happy signing a bunch of players who have just helped a team finish bottom of the league
Posted by: geir, April 11, 2021, 1:50pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

What is the Lincoln model ? I know they got a bit of investment but other than that they gambled on a manager with only non league experience and it paid off , the crowds came cos they were winning most weeks so what was the model exactly

If this Lincoln "model" is a model that involves us winning most weeks - I would definitely go for that model. Sounds like a great model.   ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2021, 1:59pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from nightrider
Christ going off this thread youd think this squad of players were in the top half of the table

Is Matete really league 1 standard? He might think he is but Fleetwood weren't impressed enough to play him and 15games no goals suggest otherwise.
We're still not even close to winning games (you need to score goals - we could play for 300mins and still fail)
We always get on the strikers back for not scoring but surely the midfield could have chipped in with their fair share

Back two should be signed. If Matt Green was considered value at 100k a year, I dread to think what Hewitt is worth. Going off that,  he could be the first million pound a week player?  ;D
I'd keep Spokes. The two local lads clifton and Wright. I think he might keep Coke.
The rest wouldn't be missed, would they?

Put it this way. If we were in the conference, we wouldn't be happy signing a bunch of players who have just helped a team finish bottom of the league

Great comment.
Posted by: Yoda, April 11, 2021, 2:58pm; Reply: 32
Jackson
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 11, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 33

Do you think the present team will challenge for the title next year in NL?

I think the defence would absolutely. The strike force would struggle in NLN
Posted by: malkamalka, April 11, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 34

Well, I don't know the specifics except their Investor put in £300k and next thing, they're out of the National League and top of League One. True, it's fizzling out a bit now, but they still have the potential to be a Championship club very soon.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 11, 2021, 3:05pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from malkamalka

Well, I don't know the specifics except their Investor put in £300k and next thing, they're out of the National League and top of League One. True, it's fizzling out a bit now, but they still have the potential to be a Championship club very soon.

They made a lot of money from their cup run and invested it correctly. £2m seems to ring a bell.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 11, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 36
Not gonna make a list but a mention to giles coke who came in and instantly gave it everything, wouldn't mind him here next season as our captain.

Macca as much as he has been loyal and a great keeper for us it's time for him to move on to a new challenge.

We will be in the national league so a mix of experience and youth is important but the majority have to move on.
Posted by: devs, April 11, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 37
Assuming all of the loan players go back (and you have to, really) that doesn't leave a lot

Hewitt
Habergham
Clifton
Spokes
Lenny

50/50
Macca
Hendrie
Gibson
Jackson

The rest I am not fussed if they left - and PH won't play deadwood like Scannell

If any loanees could be brought back
Coke
Matete
Menayese

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, April 11, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from devs
Assuming all of the loan players go back (and you have to, really) that doesn't leave a lot

Hewitt
Habergham
Clifton
Spokes
Lenny

50/50
Macca
Hendrie
Gibson
Jackson

The rest I am not fussed if they left - and PH won't play deadwood like Scannell

If any loanees could be brought back
Coke
Matete
Menayese

Coke's not on loan Devs, he's our player until the end of the season.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 11, 2021, 4:30pm; Reply: 39
Not sure on how anyone can be 50/50 on gibson and Jackson

I like What Ira has to say but on the pitch just not good enough

Gibson is worse.  3 year deal.....
Posted by: lee65, April 11, 2021, 4:33pm; Reply: 40
It all depends who of the better players are prepared to accept playing in the National League. Not many I would think as there will probably be offers of league football for most of those better ones .
It's a sad fact but who would you choose out of Grimsby in non league or shall we say Morcombe or Harrogate ? It's a no brainer for a footballer

This,

PH will have to take a few gambles on who he feels can make it from the “rough diamonds” etc., those who can play higher but are unproven or our of favour, like Nolan was (if I recall correctly)
Posted by: DB, April 11, 2021, 4:36pm; Reply: 41
The starting point for me is those under a contract who are:-
Macca
Waterfall
Morais
Rose
Williams
Wright
Gibson
Ira Jackson
LJL
Scannell

So those I would want would be Macca, LJL, and possibly Morais ( depending upon yesterdays debacle) to give some experience to younger squad players and a bit/sub player. He can't last 90 mins but is useful at times.

As for the rest, I'd ask them to tear up their contracts and leave, ship them out on loan to anybody, furlough if we still can, or merely advise them they train with the youth.

Those out of contract I'd resign:-
Clifton
Habergham
Battersby
Hewitt

I would want the likes of Matete and Menayese but I can't see them wanting NL football.

So with these 7(9) it would be up to Hurst, with a decent budget, to ouse words to get his first choice transfer targets to sign for us. Targets being 2/3 decent strikers.
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 42
Well - I have signed in to speak!
Not going to bother though.
UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2021, 5:39pm; Reply: 43
See the troll DB - who is by - passing the signing in process - is not happy.

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 44
Otherwise - auf wiedersehen to any legitimate Town fans on this forum.
Hope we can come back from this.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 11, 2021, 5:50pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from malkamalka

So in short employ a manager to win games and win games regularly
Posted by: Mayaman, April 11, 2021, 6:06pm; Reply: 46
Our Max might not have the quality but he has an excellent work rate as well as versatility. You need that energy in any team.  Hewitt might be tempted to go but I think he's the type of bloke who would want to prove something and help us get back in the league, so he could be persuaded to stay.  Would be great if Meynase stayed too - not sure how long his contract is at Mansfield.
Posted by: realist, April 11, 2021, 6:13pm; Reply: 47
On another thread the happy clappers support Hurst as it was not his fault he could only bring in excrement players. Now on this thread the happy clappers want to keep most of the players. Make your minds up.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 11, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 48
Payne is a proven NL goalscorer so I'd get him signed up straight away.
Posted by: Hurstomariner, April 11, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Abdul19

Hope  your having a laugh he needs to be gone after yesterday a waste of space i say ! We don’t need that attitude amongst our players
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2021, 7:04pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Abdul19

(lff3)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 11, 2021, 7:08pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from lee65

This,

PH will have to take a few gambles on who he feels can make it from the “rough diamonds” etc., those who can play higher but are unproven or our of favour, like Nolan was (if I recall correctly)

In a small squad with a budget that isn't the highest you have to take a couple of gambles. When they go right, like Nolan did, it usually results in achieving your goal. When they go wrong like Payne has and Brodie before him, it results in failure.
Posted by: DB, April 11, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Teestogreen
See the troll DB - who is by - passing the signing in process - is not happy.

UTM

As far as I know, I go through the signing-in process. So what's the problem and what am I not happy about ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 11, 2021, 7:24pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from DB
The starting point for me is those under a contract who are:-
Macca
Waterfall
Morais
Rose
Williams
Wright
Gibson
Ira Jackson
LJL
Scannell

So those I would want would be Macca, LJL, and possibly Morais ( depending upon yesterdays debacle) to give some experience to younger squad players and a bit/sub player. He can't last 90 mins but is useful at times.

As for the rest, I'd ask them to tear up their contracts and leave, ship them out on loan to anybody, furlough if we still can, or merely advise them they train with the youth.

Those out of contract I'd resign:-
Clifton
Habergham
Battersby
Hewitt

I would want the likes of Matete and Menayese but I can't see them wanting NL football.

So with these 7(9) it would be up to Hurst, with a decent budget, to ouse words to get his first choice transfer targets to sign for us. Targets being 2/3 decent strikers.

Based upon what we’ve seen this season the list of players who are under contract is frightening and not in a good way.
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from DB

As far as I know, I go through the signing-in process. So what's the problem and what am I not happy about ?

DB never shows up on the users forum of people signed in - whereas, as far as I can see - every other forum user does   ? So - what is making you so special ?
Posted by: smokey111, April 11, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Teestogreen

DB never shows up on the users forum of people signed in - whereas, as far as I can see - every other forum user does   ? So - what is making you so special ?

Bloody hell, are you stalking him?!?!
Posted by: DB, April 11, 2021, 7:35pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Teestogreen

I use to and now I don't. I don't know why I'm not a wizz kid on these things unlike some. I do know of others that are not on that list and it doesn't bother me, so why should it bother you. What I do know is it says I'm logged.

Surely it is what's said that matters and as long you have a user name that should be it. You also said that I'm not happy. Not happy about what?

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, April 11, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Teestogreen

I think the system just assumes that DB is permanently logged in. If he tries to log out the server crashes.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 11, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 58
Personally I’d leave it to a manager we employ to make these professional judgements.
Posted by: DB, April 11, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 59

I think the system just assumes that DB is permanently logged in. If he tries to log out the server crashes.

As if! I do go to the loo without my laptop. :) :) :) :)
Posted by: smokey111, April 11, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from DB

As if! I do go to the loo without my laptop. :) :) :) :)

Hhmmmm...not sure. I reckon you leave it outside the door with a 'Do not touch' sign on it.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 61

If they are out of contract aren't they free agents anyway irrespective of what we might offer them.

If we are relegated none of them deserve more than what they are currently on in the EFL.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A lot of those have also made us much harder to beat. Sadly some aren't ours to keep.

Sadly a lot of those haven't helped us to beat some really crap teams either.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 11, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from DB

I use to and now I don't. I don't know why I'm not a wizz kid on these things unlike some. I do know of others that are not on that list and it doesn't bother me, so why should it bother you. What I do know is it says I'm logged.

Surely it is what's said that matters and as long you have a user name that should be it. You also said that I'm not happy. Not happy about what?

Just check this DB.
Go into "Member Centre" and then scroll down to "Board Settings" then scroll down to "Invisible Online" and if there is a tick in the box click on it and it will disappear.

Then you should be visible online, your choice mate, a few on here prefer to stay invisible.

Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2021, 8:05pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Abdul19

Just try to remain calm, nurse will be along shortly.
Posted by: DB, April 11, 2021, 8:12pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from promotion plaice

Just check this DB.
Go into "Member Centre" and then scroll down to "Board Settings" then scroll down to "Invisible Online" and if there is a tick in the box click on it and it will disappear.

Then you should be visible online, your choice mate, a few on here prefer to stay invisible.

Thank you PP. Worked a treat.

Happy Teestogreen?  But please tell me why you say I'm not happy?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 11, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from jamesgtfc

In a small squad with a budget that isn't the highest you have to take a couple of gambles. When they go right, like Nolan did, it usually results in achieving your goal. When they go wrong like Payne has and Brodie before him, it results in failure.

I don't remember Nolan being a gamble, I rated him  when I saw him play against us at Stockport County plus he played 73 times for Lincoln City.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 11, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 67
So the players we’ve got under contract
Macca - Keep
Waterfall - pay off
Morais - indifferent, probably keep
Rose - pay off
Williams - pay off
Wright - keep
Gibson - pay off
Ira Jackson - keep
LJL keep
Scannell pay off

Of the remaining offer contracts to Hewitt, Hendrie, Meyanese and Matete

Get rid of the rest
Posted by: Hagrid, April 11, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't remember Nolan being a gamble, I rated him  when I saw him play against us at Stockport County plus he played 73 times for Lincoln City.

Rubbish. Myself included i didnt get it. He was crap when i saw him for Lincoln and he’d just struggled out on loan at wrexham. There was a long thread on here i remember it

How wrong i was
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2021, 10:42pm; Reply: 69
You’re all bonkers - must have some time off.
UTM
Posted by: Norseman, April 11, 2021, 10:51pm; Reply: 70
Is sisay still under contract next season
Posted by: ginnywings, April 11, 2021, 10:53pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Norseman
Is sisay still under contract next season

No.

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Posted by: DB, April 11, 2021, 10:57pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Teestogreen
You’re all bonkers - must have some time off.
UTM

Your back online, so why am I not happy?

Posted by: Teestogreen, April 11, 2021, 11:35pm; Reply: 73
Suddenly - you’re signed in! DB can post whether signed in or not.
Wonderment
No one else seems to notice this?
Nothing is real - it seems but good luck to the Fishy and more importantly to Grimsby Town Football Club
UTM
Posted by: DB, April 11, 2021, 11:37pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Teestogreen
Suddenly - you’re signed in! DB can post whether signed in or not.
Wonderment
No one else seems to notice this?
Nothing is real - it seems but good luck to the Fishy and more importantly to Grimsby Town Football Club
UTM

So you happy and I am pleased for you, but tell me why you say I'm not happy?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 12, 2021, 9:31am; Reply: 75
Argh, i see Jackson is the latest to get better the less he plays

I would keep
Macca

Hendrie
Hewitt
Meneyese

Clifton
Coke
Spokes

The shop

I've a lot of time for Wright, but he seems to be very injury prone
Posted by: Croxton, April 12, 2021, 10:28am; Reply: 76
Out of contract May 21: Offers to,
Hendrie
Hewitt
Lamy
Spokes
Coke
Clifton
Pollock

Contracted to May 22/23:- Keep
Waterfall
Williams
Jackson
Wright
Gibson
Idehen

Make available/ renegotiate/loan etc.
Macca
Morais
Rose
Scannell

Beg/borrow:-
Matete
Meyanese

Sign:-  Proven CM's, Left back x2, keeper x2, at least 2 goalscorers.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 12, 2021, 11:16am; Reply: 77
Quoted from Croxton
Out of contract May 21: Offers to,
Hendrie
Hewitt
Lamy
Spokes
Coke
Clifton
Pollock

Contracted to May 22/23:- Keep
Waterfall
Williams
Jackson
Wright
Gibson
Idehen

Make available/ renegotiate/loan etc.
Macca
Morais
Rose
Scannell

Beg/borrow:-
Matete
Meyanese

Sign:-  Proven CM's, Left back x2, keeper x2, at least 2 goalscorers.

So basically keep the team that’s got us relegated 😳 obviously I’m still praying for a miracle
Posted by: ska face, April 12, 2021, 11:22am; Reply: 78
The whole lot want binning with the exception of LJL.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 12, 2021, 11:52am; Reply: 79
Agree with Ska.

Put the lot of them on a raft and set it out to sea from Brighton slipway like a Viking Funeral. Highest bidder wins the right to fire the burning arrow.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 12, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 80
For any talk of a clean sweep, didn't Bristol Rovers pretty much keep faith with a side that absolutely collapsed to relegation and then went back up at the first time of asking?

Over the course of a season and how poor we've been, I wouldn't normally want a single player to be involved.  That said we've made such improvements under Hurst in terms of shape and organisation that it's hard to not want to retain that.

My personal view is that we need to go into the new season with some stability.  I'd take that stability in most of the back five and Coke ahead of him.  If we can get Hewitt on a new deal and somehow sign Meyanese I'd be delighted.  McKeown is under contract and whilst he has had a poor season, we'll probably do well to better him at Conference level.  Hendrie is out of contract and I wouldn't be disappointed to see him leave.  Regressed too far this season and looks weak.  Habergham is one I'd like to see with a full pre-season in him, I think he's looked steady despite not having played for so long and with no pre-season.   Coke is exactly what we expected Danny Rose, John Welsh, even Sean McAllister to be in midfield.  

Attacking wise we've done no way near enough to stay up this year.  No great loss that Hanson and Green are out of contract and it should hopefully free up the budget for something better.   LJL is under contract and I'm pleased with that.  For his knockers, he'll always prove a very useful foil for someone to get goals.  Problem is we've no-one in our squad capable of benefiting from what he offers.  

Morais, Lamy...meh.  Both showed glimpses but that's it.  Probably a reflection of the dross that preceded them that some think they could play a part.  Morais is under contract whereas Lamy isn't.  

So that leaves new deals for Hewitt, Habergham and Coke.  Trying to sign Meyanese and hoping we can offload anyone under contract who isn't McKeown or LJL.  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 12, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 81
Quoted from ginnywings
Agree with Ska.

Put the lot of them on a raft and set it out to sea from Brighton slipway like a Viking Funeral. Highest bidder wins the right to fire the burning arrow.

As long as it's not LJL   ;)

Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, April 12, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 82
Keep:
Macca
Hewitt (if poss)
Pollock
Clifton
Coke
Spokes
Shop

Sign
Mayanese

Probably be a few being made available who already have contracts for next season thanks Runaway..

Posted by: ginnywings, April 12, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from promotion plaice

As long as it's not LJL   ;)

Nah! He'll be at BP doing circuits and getting ready for the new season.
Posted by: Croxton, April 12, 2021, 1:55pm; Reply: 84

So basically keep the team that’s got us relegated 😳 obviously I’m still praying for a miracle

Only a few from 45 players who made the match day squad this season. Those players were signed, coached, trained and selected by a host of managers, assistants, fitness staff etc. after a shocking preseason and with Covid contracts.

If I had actually retained the 'team that got us relegated' I would have to sign most of these 26 players as well:- Macca, Hanson, Green, Rose, Morais, Bennet, Payne, Scannell, Adams, Mizouni, Windsor, Preston, Ohman, Tilley, Edwards, Taylor, Morton, Sisay, Edwards, Gomis, Adlard, Painter, Curran, Khouri, Mohsni etc, etc,

Some of those I have kept are for squad purposes, cup games and possible coaching.  I concede that we have to sign higher quality than we already have, especially attackers.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 11:58am