March 22, 2021, 8:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ska face

Yeah, they’re called “the police”.

Yeah! Bloody police! Holding up placards with ACAB on them, setting fire to police vans, vandalising police stations and putting fellow officers in hospital.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 138
nightrider
March 22, 2021, 9:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I thought it was the done thing nowadays
Are you telling me the likes of Mike brolly, matt tees, dave Moore, John cockerill DIDNT have gender reveal parties?

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 138
pontoonlew
March 22, 2021, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,079
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I see the government getting the public to blame each other rather than them and their disastrous handling of the pandemic is alive and well in your house.

I’m sorry you are still having side effects but where we are isn’t due to individuals making poor decisions it’s because of the government.

You talk about the woman in your office. Have you considered that she simply can’t afford to take time off work. If she does she can’t pay the mortgage/rent and wouldn’t have enough money to feed her and her family?

Who’s fault is that? Her for living close to the poverty line or the callous people who have actively cut money from the most vulnerable in society for over 10 years?

People have been put in a no win situation.

I see trend of people using a global pandemic to push their political views is alive and well too
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 138
ska face
March 22, 2021, 11:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,727
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from pontoonlew

I see trend of people using a global pandemic to push their political views is alive and well too

Bit difficult to comment on the government’s response to a pandemic if you’re not experiencing one.

Still, let us know where and when people are allowed to express an opinion, an hour at speaker’s corner perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 138
Mayaman
March 22, 2021, 11:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 74
What effing nonsense.  Wat next?  The sperm reached the egg party?  Bring boiled eggs and jellied eels.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 138
pizzzza
March 22, 2021, 11:43am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mayaman
What effing nonsense.  Wat next?  The sperm reached the egg party?  Bring boiled eggs and jellied eels.

Why not? I went to a gender reveal party and it was basically a good excuse for people to come together, drink a few drinks and have a good time. Not sure why that would bother someone so much to call it "effing nonsense"?

Can't say I agree with Montel holding one during lockdown but in general why not use any excuse to have fun, life is too short not to.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 138
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 22, 2021, 11:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,306
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Mayaman

As opposed to the perfectly logical experience of presenting people with chocolate eggs to mark an event that didn't happen to a mythical person who is the son of an imaginary person in the sky?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 138
GollyGTFC
March 22, 2021, 12:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

The Clapham Common vigil and Bristol protest, along with many other so called peaceful protests, were infiltrated by people intent on violence. Seems to be the done thing for a certain section of society today. The police are in a no win situation. If they keep a low profile and violence erupts, people would be asking why they've done nothing.

It’s funny. You see protests that turn violent on TV from countries like Myanmar, Hong Kong and Georgia (and many more) and we all think it’s because they have terrible governments/regimes and that the action of the protesters is justified.

It happens in our country and they are just a mob and scumbags.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 138
GollyGTFC
March 22, 2021, 12:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Hagrid

Im no Tory

We were told work from home. She too. We’ve been on full pay

I went in for 1 week to assist a new member of staff. There was no reason for said woman to be coming in to the office

You never really know a persons situation and it’s unfair to arbitrary decide that she’s in the wrong.

I managed a team of 35-40 people in a previous job. It was an eye opener to the problems people face in life.

Violent partners. Controlling partners. Partner is an alcoholic/drug addict. Partner is seriously/terminally ill. Partner has walked out. Child is ill. Mental health issues. Partner has committed a horrendous crime.

For some physically going to work is a persons safe place from an unhappy home life. The 9-10 hours they are at work and travelling to work is the difference between coping with their adversity or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 68 - 138
Mariner93er
March 22, 2021, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It’s funny. You see protests that turn violent on TV from countries like Myanmar, Hong Kong and Georgia (and many more) and we all think it’s because they have terrible governments/regimes and that the action of the protesters is justified.

It happens in our country and they are just a mob and scumbags.

What a bizarre response to a post that made it clear that the majority of protesters were peaceful, and not a mob or scumbags.

And by the way, comparing the protests to a country going through a military coup is pointless as they’re incomparable situations.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Montel Gibson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.