DB
March 22, 2021, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ska face
What’s any of that got to do with these people being “professional rioters” and you swallowing the line?

You’ve said it yourself - the police ARE far from perfect. One of their main problems is that they lie constantly, all day every day, and you don’t have to go back to Hillsborough or Orgreave to find examples.

Remember when we were playing away at Chesterfield and the police put out a communication to the effect that a number of pubs were off limits to away fans because town fans had smashed them up? Which turned out to be a complete and utter lie. Just made up. And for what reason? Oh, because it suited them.

So what's your analogy of the riots in Bristol and people not obeying covid laws.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 138
KingstonMariner
March 23, 2021, 12:31am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

So what's your analogy of the riots in Bristol and people not obeying covid laws.

What he's saying is that there isn't any evidence that they were 'professional rioters'. Missiles were available locally. We all know how police forces can lie about incidents. Ska has given you examples. We also know how they can over-react to protests, causing them to escalate (witness Clapham Common). We know how they can unjustly treat peaceful protestors (and innocent bystanders). We've all seen how they can operate at and around football matches.

Now I don't know who sparked it off in Bristol, but I have enough scepticism about the police from a lifetime of observations that I have my doubts about the official version.

Having said all that, I don't know why a police station was chosen as the scene of a protest, as it's Parliament that makes the laws.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 138
gtfc98
March 23, 2021, 12:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from BenBB

Who gives? Happy for the lad. Can go to a supermarket mobbed with strangers but 10 people in a house all of a sudden is irresponsible. Most of his pictures are outside too.

you need to go to the supermarket to get food, you don't need 15 people inside your house to announce the sex of your baby wearing what I can only describe as a tracksuit that constituted a sackable offense on its own.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 138
aldi_01
March 23, 2021, 6:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What he's saying is that there isn't any evidence that they were 'professional rioters'. Missiles were available locally. We all know how police forces can lie about incidents. Ska has given you examples. We also know how they can over-react to protests, causing them to escalate (witness Clapham Common). We know how they can unjustly treat peaceful protestors (and innocent bystanders). We've all seen how they can operate at and around football matches.

Now I don't know who sparked it off in Bristol, but I have enough scepticism about the police from a lifetime of observations that I have my doubts about the official version.

Having said all that, I don't know why a police station was chosen as the scene of a protest, as it's Parliament that makes the laws.

Let’s not forget the sometimes mind boggling approaches taken and enforced. Crawley away...could have a glass with a pint before 2pm but once it gets to 2pm the pub have to start using plastic ‘on police advice’.

Of course, we’ve seen examples of decent police work, especially at football but in all the years I/we’ve been going the good is dwarfed by the odd/bad and bizarre.

As for a gender reveal party, what a crock of excrement. That day comes when the little thing pops out...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 138
March 23, 2021, 9:37am
Guest User
As others have said you don’t need to be committing acts of violence for the police to use violence against you.

The people at Clapham May have been committing a crime but the police clearly used disproportionate force. Ironic really given the reason for the vigil in the first place was because a copper had allegedly murdered a woman in the street.

Have you ever been in a position where you was involved in containing 100s of people throwing whatever they can find at you?  If not, then you should stfu as you have NO IDEA what it involves.

Reply: 94 - 138
March 23, 2021, 9:39am
Guest User
As others have said you don’t need to be committing acts of violence for the police to use violence against you.

So I guess the police set fire to their own vans and injured each other?

Reply: 95 - 138
Zmariner
March 23, 2021, 9:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from 123614

So I guess the police set fire to their own vans and injured each other?

Agreed.
I watch the clips to get an objective view, the rioters were well out of order. Not sure how their actions can be defended on this occasion.What are they supposed to do sit back,Get battered and burned utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 138
ska face
March 23, 2021, 10:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,529
Gold Stars: 831
Quoted from 123614

Have you ever been in a position where you was involved in containing 100s of people throwing whatever they can find at you?  If not, then you should stfu as you have NO IDEA what it involves.

Those girls in Clapham must be some of these professional rioters, as even a keen amateur wouldn’t have been able to throw items at the police, behind them, with their hands gripping the bandstand, before they were dragged away and pinned to the floor.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 138
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 23, 2021, 10:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,169
Gold Stars: 290
Quoted from 123614

There are a lot of things I haven't had personal experience of but it won't stop me having an opinion on them.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 138
ska face
March 25, 2021, 1:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,529
Gold Stars: 831
Just popping in to let you know Avon & Summerset police have quietly admitted that no officers suffered any broken bones on Sunday, contrary to their initial claims.

So, you know, a lie.

Thanks & all the best.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Montel Gibson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.