Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many more games for Hurst.!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 338 Guests

How many more games for Hurst.!

This thread currently has 9,751 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
February 27, 2021, 8:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Steve Richards
Hopefully not many his points total so far is ridiculous poor. So many changes surely blending some of the previous team with new blood why change the whole team?

It was obvious from the beginning that he wanted the players he felt comfortable with, so he wasted that first month and thought it would come good after the window. His signings have been worse and have not settled at all. Most of them know how he wants to play, so why do we look so disjointed?

I saw on Twitter there was a bad reaction from Payne on being substituted. That is not a good sign so early on as I thought he wanted a tight-knit group all pulling together.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 27, 2021, 8:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553

It was obvious from the beginning that he wanted the players he felt comfortable with, so he wasted that first month and thought it would come good after the window. His signings have been worse and have not settled at all. Most of them know how he wants to play, so why do we look so disjointed?

I saw on Twitter there was a bad reaction from Payne on being substituted. That is not a good sign so early on as I thought he wanted a tight-knit group all pulling together.

To be fair, if you were mid-post and I pulled you off (not a euphemism) to post Humbercod’s comments, you’d be a little vexed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
bawarmy
February 27, 2021, 8:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,009
Gold Stars: 33
He will be manager of the month in March. You heard it here first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
Ashby mariner
February 27, 2021, 8:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Pointless thread he won't have dosn't deserve to be sacked. I'm sure the players he brought in wasn't his first second or even third choice targets considering our position and being mid season. If he does take us down I'm sure he would build alot better squad in the summer even being non league. I still think most of our teams in the conference where far superior to the teams we've put out while being back in league 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
ginnywings
February 27, 2021, 9:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
We lose, Yoda posts something negative, people bite, the world keeps turning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
psgmariner
February 27, 2021, 9:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
And then we play another game and lose that.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
arryarryarry
February 27, 2021, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I would say 12 games and if we are not top of the National League then get rid.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
DB
February 27, 2021, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from bawarmy
He will be manager of the month in March. You heard it here first.

Not bothered about that, just where the team be in the league at the end of March

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
HarrogateMariner
February 27, 2021, 9:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Im sorry but I disagree with the majority- of course he should not get sacked on Tuesday if we loose but should we get relegated he has to go. He has been able to bring a whole new squad in and had plenty of time. I still feel we have some good players from the Jolley era that he has not got on board and/or playing to their potential.

And importantly we hopefully will have a new board in place irrespective of which league we are in. It will be a fresh start and we will need everyone together. If we have a manager in place who splits the fan base it's not a great start.  So yes we go down he has to go. Of course we stay up he is a hero and should stay. That is the reality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
arryarryarry
February 27, 2021, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner
Yawn. Several people to blame for us being in this mess and Hurst is not one of them. If we go down he’s the man to rebuild for next season. I’m sure the new board will agree. Not hard to see why Fenty got away with it for so long when you see how people blame the manager after every defeat!

Erm........his players, his tactics in a performance just as excrement as many under Holloway.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many more games for Hurst.!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.