Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many more games for Hurst.!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 285 Guests

How many more games for Hurst.!

This thread currently has 9,686 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
February 28, 2021, 7:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Eastendmariner
look no further than 20 years of pathetic  investment and shocking managerial decisions

Gold star from me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
Humbercod
February 28, 2021, 8:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Hagrid
Man was dealt an impossible hand. Has had to ship out a load of dross and bring in a new team- and id hazard a guess his 2nd and 3rd choice options

That said, we are bottom of the league and are not improving. But PH has my full support. This thread is foolish

Hagrid I know you’re a fan of Hurst but to say he was dealt an impossible hand is absolutely ridiculous. We wasn’t in the relegation zone when he arrived and we were picking up points, we have gone from a bottom half team to relegation fodder.

Before Holloway ran away there was no imminent danger of us being relegated, the league was so tight that after a win there would be posters on here getting over excited at the chance of a play off place.
Hurst is a stubborn man and came in with the intention to clear out Holloway’s men! No wonder the team went from bad to worse.

I think he has brought some good players in to be fair to him but when you try and replace a full team there will be some you get wrong as we have seen especially in defence, We know Hurst’s teams are quite negative, cautious 1-0 wins are what Hurst is about which is fine when you’re in a non league playoff spot but at the bottom of the leagues is doesn’t help when the defence has deteriorated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
HertsGTFC
February 28, 2021, 8:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Humbercod

Hagrid I know you’re a fan of Hurst but to say he was dealt an impossible hand is absolutely ridiculous. We wasn’t in the relegation zone when he arrived and we were picking up points, we have gone from a bottom half team to relegation fodder.

Before Holloway ran away there was no imminent danger of us being relegated, the league was so tight that after a win there would be posters on here getting over excited at the chance of a play off place.
Hurst is a stubborn man and came in with the intention to clear out Holloway’s men! No wonder the team went from bad to worse.

I think he has brought some good players in to be fair to him but when you try and replace a full team there will be some you get wrong as we have seen especially in defence, We know Hurst’s teams are quite negative, cautious 1-0 wins are what Hurst is about which is fine when you’re in a non league playoff spot but at the bottom of the leagues is doesn’t help when the defence has deteriorated.

If Carlos Kickabout had taken over from Holloway and done the same as Hurst would your posts be the same just with a different managers name?

The year we came up we won 1 - 0 on 6 occasions, 4 at home and twice away. If you include the play off final we scored 3 goals or more in 15 games.

I’m not knocked out by what’s happened since he arrived but with all the change required there was always going to be a chance it would get worse before it gets better, I just don’t think it’s going to get better in time to keep us up.

Give him a break though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
RonMariner
February 28, 2021, 11:13am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Have to say I did not expect Hurst to turn water into wine overnight, but I did expect that we would by now have been turning in far better performances and would be harder to beat.  Certainly didn't expect 6 defeats in 8 games. That is worse than Holloway's last 8 games.

I am sure Hurst's future at the club would not have been conditional on keeping up this year. But maybe that was a mistake. Whatever his contract says, this is football. And as we all know, it's a results business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
oochiad
February 28, 2021, 11:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Holloway’s team wasn’t half as bad I’m reading?????? Sheesh some people change their tune. We were plummeting into relegation and half of those matches Hurst has had were with Holloway players so to say it’s all on Hurst is wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
pen penfras
February 28, 2021, 12:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from oochiad
Holloway’s team wasn’t half as bad I’m reading?????? Sheesh some people change their tune. We were plummeting into relegation and half of those matches Hurst has had were with Holloway players so to say it’s all on Hurst is wrong.

Holloway didn't have his team in the relegation zone, and Hurst came in and dispirited the whole squad further by saying he wanted 8 new players.

I thought Hurst would come in and rebuild squad morale and get the best out of them whilst adding a few better players. So far it's been worse than it was before. I'm hopeful he turns it around, but Hurst is not at all free from blame if we go down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
aldi_01
February 28, 2021, 12:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Or perhaps Holloway should’ve been binned off weeks before he bottled it?

Some of those performances and results would’ve seen many a manager gone, sadly, for us, Holloway was in bed with Fenty and their crooked mate and had ulterior motives to hang around.

Fans bought the myth of ‘experienced so give him a chance’ blah blah when in truth we were absolutely abysmal. Saying we were clear of relegation under Holloway is a non statement, denial in fact. We were very much relegation fodder from the moment the club behaved and prepared as of the season wouldn’t finish...

If people thought it would improve overnight under Hurst they were mistaken, twice the man has been here and twice he’s come in when the club is in a mess.

We were done before Christmas. The fact we’re even in this position again after two previous occasions says more about the way the club has been run than Hurst or the current players he’s brought in. Once again though, when the inevitable happens the man responsible for so much that is wrong at the club will have walked away, a couple of million quid better off, 200k of cash that isn’t even his and will never really face the consequences of being a bent girl private.

See you all Tuesday...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
Yoda
February 28, 2021, 12:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,949
Gold Stars: 65
For me if we go down Hurst has to go.
I know he had a difficult job but it wasn’t impossible.
If he’s still here if we go down i can see fan’s deserting the team in droves.
A fresh face will be needed with new owners there will be some optimism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
pen penfras
February 28, 2021, 1:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01
Or perhaps Holloway should’ve been binned off weeks before he bottled it?

Some of those performances and results would’ve seen many a manager gone, sadly, for us, Holloway was in bed with Fenty and their crooked mate and had ulterior motives to hang around.

Fans bought the myth of ‘experienced so give him a chance’ blah blah when in truth we were absolutely abysmal. Saying we were clear of relegation under Holloway is a non statement, denial in fact. We were very much relegation fodder from the moment the club behaved and prepared as of the season wouldn’t finish...

If people thought it would improve overnight under Hurst they were mistaken, twice the man has been here and twice he’s come in when the club is in a mess.

We were done before Christmas. The fact we’re even in this position again after two previous occasions says more about the way the club has been run than Hurst or the current players he’s brought in. Once again though, when the inevitable happens the man responsible for so much that is wrong at the club will have walked away, a couple of million quid better off, 200k of cash that isn’t even his and will never really face the consequences of being a bent girl private.

See you all Tuesday...

To say that we were relegation fodder all season makes literally no sense when we weren't in the bottom 2. Granted, we were shite. But several teams were worse and we've managed to overtake them in terms of shitness in the last 3 months. Most of that time under Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
grimsby pete
February 28, 2021, 1:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Hurst has a another two years on his contract so it will cost the club money to get rid.

My hope is he can turn things around but he won't do that with safety first tactics as they are not working.

We have to play wingers and go to the opposition from the off its no good playing two big men up front if they are not getting any service.

Will Hurst do that starting Tuesday ?

Does a leopard change its spots ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many more games for Hurst.!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.