Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many more games for Hurst.!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 197 Guests

How many more games for Hurst.!

This thread currently has 9,687 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
February 27, 2021, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,942
Gold Stars: 113

It was obvious from the beginning that he wanted the players he felt comfortable with, so he wasted that first month and thought it would come good after the window. His signings have been worse and have not settled at all. Most of them know how he wants to play, so why do we look so disjointed?

I saw on Twitter there was a bad reaction from Payne on being substituted. That is not a good sign so early on as I thought he wanted a tight-knit group all pulling together.

May have been down to the tactics but I thought Payne was poor today, might as well have played Gibson.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
Vance Warner
February 27, 2021, 9:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99

It was obvious from the beginning that he wanted the players he felt comfortable with, so he wasted that first month and thought it would come good after the window. His signings have been worse and have not settled at all. Most of them know how he wants to play, so why do we look so disjointed?

I saw on Twitter there was a bad reaction from Payne on being substituted. That is not a good sign so early on as I thought he wanted a tight-knit group all pulling together.

The same people suggesting Payne being frustrated about going off are the same people complaining the players don’t care. I really don’t see how you think the January signings are worse than what they replaced. Do you want Green and Macca back or were you one of those slating them a month ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
HertsGTFC
February 27, 2021, 9:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
The things I’ve been most surprised about since Hurst’s return are,

- The formation, for someone who swore by 4-4-2 he hadn’t half fanny’d about with the formation and selections.

- His signings Eastwood, Adams and Mattette all decent but Mayo, The lad from Ipswich, Lennie, Coke and despite a good debut from the bench I’m not sure about Payne.

- How bad we are at the back and how we’ve not moved forward one bit.

His job is safe though.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
arryarryarry
February 27, 2021, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Vance Warner

The same people suggesting Payne being frustrated about going off are the same people complaining the players don’t care. I really don’t see how you think the January signings are worse than what they replaced. Do you want Green and Macca back or were you one of those slating them a month ago.

I don't rate Green but could he have done any worse than Payne today?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
moosey_club
February 27, 2021, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from bawarmy
He will be manager of the month in March. You heard it here first.

In Southend and Barrow maybe...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
1mickylyons
February 27, 2021, 11:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
I cant say I have ever been a massive PH fan BUT when we got him back I expected him to shore up the defence and make us harder to beat?
I have found it quite alarming how many players have been shipped out and what quality they have been replaced by because to me I fail to see much of an upgrade?
Personally I think with most Manager`s and the PH type in particular you have to give them time but should we go down he needs to go if were not top two after 12 games like posted elsewhere (no excuses).
Very dispirited Mariner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2021, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pizzzza

As the real Yoda would say:

"twit, you are"

Weird. I was gonna say you got the wrong vowel but as soon as I clicked on this the real spelling was revealed but disappeared when I posted.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
arryarryarry
February 28, 2021, 4:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I cant say I have ever been a massive PH fan BUT when we got him back I expected him to shore up the defence and make us harder to beat?
I have found it quite alarming how many players have been shipped out and what quality they have been replaced by because to me I fail to see much of an upgrade?
Personally I think with most Manager`s and the PH type in particular you have to give them time but should we go down he needs to go if were not top two after 12 games like posted elsewhere (no excuses).
Very dispirited Mariner

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek, however if we go down without even a decent fight of it I would hope he would have the decency to resign at the end of the season if we do.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
Vance Warner
February 28, 2021, 7:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
So Hurst is getting the blame for not being able to attract amazing players to town when we’re near the bottom of league 2. The suggestion that he’s had the equivalent of a pre season when we’ve had games coming thick and fast is a joke. So is the idea that we’ll get relegated and remove an manager who has experience of getting us promoted from the conference already. We’ll bring someone else in who will sign their own players, any advantage from parachute payments will be lost and we’ll sink like a stone. Still those who get a kick out of slagging off players and managers will have plenty of new targets.

I
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
DB
February 28, 2021, 7:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Interestingly when Hurst came it was described as a win, win situation for him. If we stay up he's a hero. If we're relegated it's holloway and fenty's fault.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many more games for Hurst.!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.