Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 147 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 52.

Just Back

This thread currently has 14,344 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
February 23, 2021, 11:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Listening to JT's commentary tonight and his criticism of Town's players seemingly expecting a certain standard of still conditions football on a billiard table of a pitch rather than in a gale force wind on a shitheap along with making Crawley sound like Barcelona,, it's easy to think this was a poor performance. It wasn't. Crawley edged the game and deserved to win on chances created, they definitely had more guile in the final third, but thanks to Morais, we put as many dangerous crosses into the box as they did, but you wouldn't think that if you took JT at his word. He has to be given some leeway though, he sounds as beaten down as the rest of us and always fears the worst every second of the game. Who wouldn't the past few seasons. Trying to look at the game objectively, lots of positives to build on. Eastwood is definitely an upgrade on Macca. We've got two decent right backs. Waterfall wins everything in the air, as does Menayese who has also got pace (my MOM tonight), we've suddenly got a lot of decent options in midfield, Matete, Rose, El Mizouni and Coke, Morais is one of the best crossers of the ball we've had in years, Adams is a handful on the ball, we've got a few lumps up front that aren't going to get bullied by League Two defenders and with Hewitt's throw ins and Morais's corners, we're now dangerous from set pieces at last. Was a little worried before half time and bricking it a bit in injury time but don't think we were under that much pressure second half if you turned the commentary down and forgot about the dire need for a victory. Not a classic, but a classic battling performance and we've got huge scope for improvement . Great to see the whole team celebrate together as a group on the final whistle too. They look up for the challenge and every one of them put a shift in tonight in extremely difficult conditions against a side that has played together for much longer than just a game or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 98
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2021, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Thought Bunney did have a bad night, but to say he’s not good enough to be a professional footballer is nonsense. The rest of the team did ok. Impressed by Payne. A real handful. Adams had flashes of promising play. Moráis and Matete useful. Thought Hewitt was alright. The Shop did a job when he came on. The worst moments were when Waterfall was outpaced when they had the wind at their back. Eastman gave me fewer palpitations than Macca.

Thought Crawley were more creative than us but wasteful.

Up the fcuking Mariners!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 98
chipsandgravy
February 23, 2021, 11:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

Watch who?

The game firstly and Bunney!

Its a fact that he had a shocking  home debut and I would go as far to say that Hurst was at fault for not bringing him off. Maybe his head was all over the place but if anyone was going to lose us the points it was going to be him.
At least he will have a free weekend to get use to his new arrival and go again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 98
Bigdog
February 23, 2021, 11:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chipsandgravy

The game firstly and Bunney!

Its a fact that he had a shocking  home debut and I would go as far to say that Hurst was at fault for not bringing him off. Maybe his head was all over the place but if anyone was going to lose us the points it was going to be him.
At least he will have a free weekend to get use to his new arrival and go again.

We fooking won for the first time in donkeys and you'd think that everyone would be so happy that they'd have the good grace not to dig out a single player tonight. We lose as a team, and we win as a team.. just for one night..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 98
FishOutOfWater
February 23, 2021, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
All in all, a win is a win

Not pretty tonight but we've done pretty in the past and lost plenty of times when we shouldn't have done

Just glad that we scraped it in the end.... maybe/probably undeservedly

I'm happier tonight though than I've been for a long while and all because Town did it for me/us, on my birthday too!

We've all had a crappy time lately but we won, we got the three points and we finally have something positive to build on

Onwards and upwards

UTM / ATAW / GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 98
chipsandgravy
February 23, 2021, 11:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

We fooking won for the first time in donkeys and you'd think that everyone would be so happy that they'd have the good grace not to dig out a single player tonight. We lose as a team, and we win as a team.. just for one night..

Oh come on. Sanctimonious or what!! Course I am happy but its a forum to debate the good and not so good which if my poor memory serves me right your not usually slow to do so when it suits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 98
Mayaman
February 23, 2021, 11:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Oh and can people stop tagging players in on Twitter who haven’t had a good game. Some numpty has hammered Joe Bunney, fair enough he didn’t have a good game but it’s only his second and how does that help.

Agreed.  I havent seen it yet as I can't get into ifollow videos for some reasons but if he got a red for being over zealous, I'd prefer that to some backing out of challenges.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 98
Bigdog
February 23, 2021, 11:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Oh come on. Sanctimonious or what!! Course I am happy but its a forum to debate the good and not so good which if my poor memory serves me right your not usually slow to do so when it suits.

I can't disagree with you at all tbh, fair play.. I'm now just trying to be as positive as I can be until we're safe..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 98
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2021, 11:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
All in all, a win is a win

Not pretty tonight but we've done pretty in the past and lost plenty of times when we shouldn't have done

Just glad that we scraped it in the end.... maybe/probably undeservedly

I'm happier tonight though than I've been for a long while and all because Town did it for me/us, on my birthday too!

We've all had a crappy time lately but we won, we got the three points and we finally have something positive to build on

Onwards and upwards

UTM / ATAW / GTID

Happy Birthday old fruit.

I’m getting happier and happier about that win. Maybe the weight’s been lifted or the Old Speckled Hen is kicking in.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 98
chipsandgravy
February 23, 2021, 11:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

I can't disagree with you at all tbh, fair play.. I'm just trying to be as positive as I can be until we're safe..

And on reflection I should just shut up and enjoy the ruddy moment - god only knows there has been so few of them!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.