pontoonlew
February 24, 2021, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from davmariner
Think people need to have a bit more perspective. This is our second game with this team which has replaced an appallingly bad side put together by Runaway. It will take time and we won’t play like Barcelona. Taking our chances is the important thing alongside stopping goals conceded. I don’t give a excrement how we play, just that we stay in the league.

I don’t think anybody is complaining that we played badly and won though are they? They’re merely analysing the game and anybody with eyes would come to the same conclusions most on here have. Play like that against a decent side and they’ll comfortably stick 4-5 past us, it’s great that we got away with it (we probably deserve a lucky one) but we can’t be naive and say that performance is what we’ll accept for the rest of the season.

Feels fantastic waking up with 3 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 98
pontoonlew
February 24, 2021, 8:24am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

That's rich coming from you.

Having one of the worst home debuts you have ever seen doesn't make him a poor player, it makes him someone who had a shocking match.

The reference to Jones and Futcher are just two of the better examples of players that took a while to settle. There are plenty of others.

Despite us winning tonight, there are still those whose first instinct is to shout loud and clear how sh1te we are, when truth be told, most teams in this league, especially this season, are not much to write home about.

Rich coming from me? There’s a huge difference between saying a player had a bad game on a forum and tagging them on Twitter to tell them about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 98
Mallyner
February 24, 2021, 8:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from gobby
A win was imperative and we got it. Bunney wasn’t brilliant but only his second game and congratulations to him and his missus on the birth of the little one.
UTMM

Warren?  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 98
Stew0_0
February 24, 2021, 9:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
I think we set up all wrong to be honest. The single striker up front on his own left Payne isolated and lacking service. We didnt get the ball wide enough all game and our defending was panicky and full of mistakes.
Lucky not to concede more or at least give 1 maybe 2 penalties away. I think we need Pollock back in there and back to form.
Think it will end up being a good thing that Bunney is suspended as not been impressed in either appearance and hope Habergham or Hendrie takes their opportunity in the next game.
Theres obviously no lack of effort though which shows they are up for the fight. Really like Matete, Hewitt at right back, Morais whipping the balls in from the right and we looked better with 2 up top.
In the next game, maybe playing with 3 CBs to accomodate Pollock with wing backs and 2 strikers may be a better option to sharpen us at both ends.
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 98
ska face
February 24, 2021, 9:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,560
Gold Stars: 839
Reading this thread and the match thread reminds me why I wasn’t particularly bothered about not attending matches at the start of the pandemic, and why I’d only been to a slack handful of games for the previous couple of seasons. You’re just surrounded by the most miserable, enjoyment-sapping set of cnts you could imagine, not a drop of joy or optimism in them and always quick to spout off and drag everyone down with them.

They pay their money same as me, so nothing to stop them, just means you come away from the game negged out 99% of the time. Win at a canter? Other team are shíte. Scrape a win? We’re shíte and someone else would beat us. Play well? Should play like that every week.

Bore off.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 98
pontoonlew
February 24, 2021, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Reading this thread and the match thread reminds me why I wasn’t particularly bothered about not attending matches at the start of the pandemic, and why I’d only been to a slack handful of games for the previous couple of seasons. You’re just surrounded by the most miserable, enjoyment-sapping set of cnts you could imagine, not a drop of joy or optimism in them and always quick to spout off and drag everyone down with them.

They pay their money same as me, so nothing to stop them, just means you come away from the game negged out 99% of the time. Win at a canter? Other team are shíte. Scrape a win? We’re shíte and someone else would beat us. Play well? Should play like that every week.

Bore off.

Don’t come onto a forum then, if you just want to hear your own opinion on a football match just have a chat with yourself after the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 98
February 24, 2021, 9:49am
Guest User
Quoted from Stew0_0
I think we need Pollock back in there and back to form.  Wrong way round.

Reply: 76 - 98
ska face
February 24, 2021, 9:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,560
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from pontoonlew

Don’t come onto a forum then, if you just want to hear your own opinion on a football match just have a chat with yourself after the game.

I appreciate your try-hard routine, but have another go at reading the post. It’s about attending matches, not what people say on here.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 98
gobby
February 24, 2021, 10:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
IMHO I thought the Ref had a good game last night, I have just seen the highlights and realised it was Bobby Madley the old Premiership Ref.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 98
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2021, 10:29am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Teesknees

Yes, but what about the football?!

Lots of straining and groaning, but finally managed to squeeze out a couple when it counted. Number one seemed to come out of nowhere. Number two looked like it wouldn’t come but we got a little cheeky one in the box. Hanging on at the end. Performance stank a bit but it’s the result that counts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.