10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
February 23, 2021, 9:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 80
Massively important win.  I don't care how we played, it was vital for our confidence that we put a whole game together, especially with Barrow winning as well tonight.  Colchester are definitely getting sucked in and if Southend lose tomorrow we'll have the chance to build some distance to them with our games in hand.  Positives!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 98
RichMariner
February 23, 2021, 9:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
First game I've not watched on iFollow since I began paying to watch them (when the club announced the takeover was happening).

Naturally, I missed the win!

Sounds like I didn't miss a performance... although to not play well and still score two goals, given how goal-shy we've been since, well, 2016, I'm with everyone else in that we'll take three points however they come.

Onwards and upwards. Devastating night for Southend, really. Wonder how they'll react this weekend.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 98
Sweden
February 23, 2021, 9:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
Eastwood was good. I think he plays very well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 98
Limerick Mariner
February 23, 2021, 9:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
We have to start with either Hanson or the Shop with Payne, most teams in this league are worse than last season - Cambridge and Morcambe are top 4 FFS - winning second ball in the final third and good set pieces will win games...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 98
Mariner Timsky
February 23, 2021, 9:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Just back , , , from the shop , , ,
Needed something stronger than beer after that - did we really win!?!? Get the flip in - yeh it was awful and painful but my goodness did we need that - Come On Town kick on now - who’s off to ‘arrow gate??? 😞

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 98
promotion plaice
February 23, 2021, 9:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from RichMariner
Onwards and upwards. Devastating night for Southend, really. Wonder how they'll react this weekend.

They play at VGR tomorrow.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 98
ginnywings
February 23, 2021, 9:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Norseman
Not good to tag players in. But that's 2 games for bunney and he has been worse than awful in both. What Hurst sees in him I don't know. Why he never pulled him is a mystery. Another foot for that reckless tackle and we might have only taken 1 point. Wouldn't have been bunney fault. He just isn't good enough to be a professional footballer

Despite playing many seasons in League 1.

Some of the comments about him tonight are terrible. Give him time to settle FFS.

Rob Jones was awful when we first signed him and got similar comments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 98
ROKERITE
February 23, 2021, 9:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

They play at VGR tomorrow.

That's two good match days in a row. Well done tonight; however the team played they won and that's what matters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 98
sydney
February 23, 2021, 9:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Build on this Town
To Survive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 98
nightrider
February 23, 2021, 10:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

Despite playing many seasons in League 1.

Some of the comments about him tonight are terrible. Give him time to settle FFS.

Rob Jones was awful when we first signed him and got similar comments.

Rob Jones being awful was a myth.  And still is. Who ever said he was awful didn't have a clue what they were talking about. And probably still don't.  Besides, he got injured fairly early on
Don't think bunney played much in League 1, a season at best

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.