Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 39 Guests

GB News.

This thread currently has 6,593 views. Print
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
February 7, 2021, 4:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
The new Andrew Neil news station, GB News will soon be launched to provide a much-needed antidote to the sopping wet BBC and Sky News broadcast services.

I read today that the usual woke suspects are calling for advertisers to boycott the channel before it has even launched as they don't like the anticipated output.

Is this the new political divide - woke versus the silent majority?

What has it come to when people cannot or will not listen to alternative views?
Private Message
ska face
February 7, 2021, 4:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,739
Gold Stars: 851
Do you have nightmares about “the woke”? Do you wake up in a cold sweat screaming “wwwwoooooookkkkeeess! Mavis, the wokes are coming!!!”  

Absolute fúcking lunatic.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 118
mariner91
February 7, 2021, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
The new Andrew Neil news station, GB News will soon be launched to provide a much-needed antidote to the sopping wet BBC and Sky News broadcast services.

I read today that the usual woke suspects are calling for advertisers to boycott the channel before it has even launched as they don't like the anticipated output.

Is this the new political divide - woke versus the silent majority?

What has it come to when people cannot or will not accept alternative views?

Whereas you are well known on the forum for being flexible with your views when presented with a balanced argument against the views you currently hold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 118
LH
February 7, 2021, 5:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,554
Gold Stars: 174
The silent majority? You don’t shut up about it so how is it silent? Not sure the majority part is true either.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 118
Manchester Mariner
February 7, 2021, 5:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,819
Gold Stars: 41
What is woke? Before the first lockdown I got my father in law a tablet so we can video call. Ever since then he's been using the term as well as moaning about the Kardashians and Instagram influencers. None of which he ever mentioned before. We didn't really know where any of this had come from until we found out the tablet has some default apps, one of which is the Daily Mail and it all made sense. But yeah, what is woke?

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 118
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 5:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
What is woke? Before the first lockdown I got my father in law a tablet so we can video call. Ever since then he's been using the term as well as moaning about the Kardashians and Instagram influencers. None of which he never mentioned before. We didn't really know where any of this had come from until we found out the tablet has some default apps, one of which is the Daily Mail and it all made sense. But yeah, what is woke?

I have no idea and no desire to find out. Don't know what a snowflake is either.

Buzzwords.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings

I have no idea and no desire to find out. Don't know what a snowflake is either.

Buzzwords.

Neither have I

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
GB news Would this be a controversy

This is perfectly true, the names have been changed, as if, to BD. Many decades ago I lived in a different town. A new neighbour moved in and I introduced myself and he introduced himself.

I said I'm sorry but how do I pronounce that, so he repeated his name. I look mystified as I couldn't get pronunciation right. He said don't worry most people can't. So what do I call you I asked.

Sambo, that's what they call me at work.

So am I racial prejudice, woke snowflake or what.

It was different world then and nobody that I knew was offended by nicknames. You could even call Guy Gibson's dog a certain unpopular name in todays world, that nobody took offence to. I digress.

So theirs a start for GB news.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 6:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
What has it come to when people cannot or will not listen to alternative views?

You want find the answer on this forum Lew, It's like an Islington tea party at times 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 6:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
What is woke? Before the first lockdown I got my father in law a tablet so we can video call. Ever since then he's been using the term as well as moaning about the Kardashians and Instagram influencers. None of which he never mentioned before. We didn't really know where any of this had come from until we found out the tablet has some default apps, one of which is the Daily Mail and it all made sense. But yeah, what is woke?

Did he find Gammon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 118
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.