Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 45 Guests

GB News.

This thread currently has 6,592 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 6:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82

I would never insult you by calling you a ‘gammon’ because gammon can be cured, but I do get an inkling that your views are at least slightly right of centre.

That’s fine. As long as you are not hurting anyone, you are entitled to your views.

However, given that:

1. This current Conservative party is the most right-wing government the nation has had for at least 30 years

2. The PM was elected on the back of Brexit on a promise to get it done

3. A large percentage of Leavers voted for Brexit due to concerns about immigration, sovereignty and control of our borders

If the BBC and other ‘left-wing fanatical MSM organisations’ are so biased against the right, why are they not stood on the shores of the home counties reporting on these waves of illegal infidels ‘invading the country on a daily basis’?

Surely it would be in the interests of the leftist media to use this to attack the Govt and the right?

The right got their way. The right won. Pedal to the metal conservatism. Free trade. Control of our borders. Sovereignty reclaimed.  

Yet migrants are still coming. We still cannot close our borders to keep out new Covid strains. We now have a new border down the Irish Sea, separating free trade between NI and the rest of the UK and facilitating the break up of the Union.

You would think the BBC, Sky News etc would be hammering Johnson and the Cabinet for their failures on this, rather than on some of the worst Covid death rates and economic statistics in the world.

Do you not think this suggests that most of the UK MSM is actually fairly central and unbiased and the extremist opinions and views are those perpetuated by the unregulated ‘social media channels’ that you appear to know and love?

Although I could argue a very mild ‘Right’ this is good representation of the nation then seeing as the majority of the population hold right wing views.

As for the rest which part of cultural Marxism are you not understanding? The BBC are massively pro-immigration! It would be a bit hypocritical even for the BBC to stand on the shores of Kent reporting on the disgrace of our border control on a daily basis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 118
Humbercod
February 8, 2021, 7:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82

Not to cause offence but given your political position I don’t imagine your views on LBGT+ related issues are particularly progressive.

I would imagine one of your many complaints about the BBC is the level of diversity and pro LGBT+ stance. Something about you suggests that you probably don’t snuggle up in an evening to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race. It’s ok, I don’t watch it either but I have no problem with it being broadcast on the BBC. I can simply change the channel rather than frothing at the mouth like a rabid Rottweiler.

So that leaves us with this pro LBGT+, liberal, leftie BBC channel. Using their perceived bias, do you not think the ‘woke, biased BBC’ would have seized on the fact that the three victims of the Reading attack were all gay and the attack followed a BLM protest in the same park

Surely it would fit the biased BBC narrative to really play on the sexual orientation of the victims and that they were targeted due to that and their affiliation with the ‘super Marxist megamovement’ of BLM?

I happened to be watching BBC News 24 and the Sky News coverage that day. As ‘Grimsby Pete’ alludes to in his post above, 24 hour rolling news coverage tends to sensationalise events such as this. I can well remember the 5-6 hours of rolling footage of out of focus helicopter shots. The banal reports from members of the public who had once visited the park in 1988 but hadn’t actually seen the murders on the day.

There was plenty of news coverage of the Reading attack, both on the day and for several days afterwards. None of the MSM or BBC hid that it appeared to be an extremist attack by a Libyan asylum seeker.

When the attacker was sentenced in November there was full coverage on the BBC.

I don’t know what more you wanted the BBC to do?

Maybe you expected them to track down poor Lee Rigby’s family and vox pop them on their doorstep. Maybe it would have satisfied you if Huw Edwards had three tears tattooed to his sculptured cheek and rounded up every Imaam in the country to be flogged publicly on the 10 O’Clock News.

It’s not a competition.

The Reading attack happened, the BBC reported on it for several days and then they stepped back because there wasn’t anything else to say and they would not have wanted to prejudice the case. Unlike your mate Yaxley-Lennon who does everything he can to keep Muslim criminals out of jail.

The US (and UK) race protests were reported on for weeks and months because they lasted for weeks and months.

And finally, back to Reading, if you can. Earlier this week a white man was found guilty of the attempted murder of a 57 y.o. woman in Reading by savagely and repeatedly stabbing her in the neck.

I don’t remember Clive Myrie reporting on that. Typical BBC bias, hey?!

LGBQT or whatever it’s called these days I’ve got no problems with each to their own I say.

Disagree with the reporting on Reading....7 days? I also happened to watch the BBC at the time as I often do to see them squirm around the known facts, it was reported on initially without any mention of the attacker, It took less then a minute to find out on Twitter or RT news to find out he was an extremist shouting ‘Allah Akbar’ as he stabbed away, the story was soon then buried by the BBC as attacker being a minority refugee trumps 3 white gay men, like I say they have an agenda to keep up.

They also pretty much buried the full story regarding the little Bolton girl, but we’re quick to show off Bolton town hall all lit up like a Xmas tree in remembrance to good old George!
If any of these attacks  had been by a right wing nut job attacking an ethnic minority, then the BBC would be still be covering it now.

Yes political motivated race protests lasted months, gets reported daily, yellow vest movement lasted over a year absolutely nothing.?

Back to Reading was the victim white?? .... non story then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 118
mariner91
February 8, 2021, 8:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod

Although I could argue a very mild ‘Right’ this is good representation of the nation then seeing as the majority of the population hold right wing views.

As for the rest which part of cultural Marxism are you not understanding? The BBC are massively pro-immigration! It would be a bit hypocritical even for the BBC to stand on the shores of Kent reporting on the disgrace of our border control on a daily basis.

Nothing like the majority of the country hold right wing views. More votes were cast in the last election for parties with centre/left or left wing policies but because of our stupid system we ended up with a huge majority for the Tories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 118
Rick12
February 8, 2021, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Lew is right wing and despite what one or two  think I like him and there is some truth in what he says .Likewise theres other good users on the left on here notably Barralad and KnutAndersfostersvole. My outlook on things is more the middle ground.

For myself I like a global perspective. I often get fed up with just looking at the BBC . I tend to watch Al Jeezera a fair bit on free to air television. Gives you a overall look at what's happening in the world even if it has a  left bias and has some good documentary's. Likewise their stance is they cover events long after they have gone out of mainstream news.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 118
aldi_01
February 8, 2021, 8:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean if people actually think this will be a representation of unbiased news they’re deluded.

There’s many a reason why news is bias and a channel/programme fronted by openly conservative, albeit honest, Andrew Neil won’t be anymore or less bias. Naturally there’s a cash cow he’s spotted here and will benefit from that.

The fact the right are terrified, or the right on this forum seem terrified by folk on the opposite side is worrying.

I don’t worry that folk have a different view to me, even the bigots and racists don’t worry me, I just pity them.

What does worry me is the fixed mindset and inability to change or adapt that many seem to have.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 9:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,038
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Humbercod

Incorrect.

2019 General Election

CON 43.6%
BRX 2.0%
DUP 0.8%
UUP 0.3%
UKIP 0.1%
Right Wing 46.8%

LAB 32.1%
LDM 11.5%
SNP 3.9%
GRN 2.8% (includes Scottish Greens)
PLC 0.5%
ALL 0.4%
SDLP 0.4%
Left to Centre Parties 51.6%

So about 52% v 47% to non-right wing parties.

Which is strange because I thought 52% was the required amount of votes for us to get what we want forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 8, 2021, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Edited this for you...

Can I just say one thing (well a few things)...

News isn't nationalistic. News doesn't take sides. News doesn't have an agenda.

News is fact. When you distort facts you misinform.

Using news for any other purpose than to inform is nothing short of propaganda.

I am awfully sorry, but I don't want my posts edited.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 10:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Nothing like the majority of the country hold right wing views. More votes were cast in the last election for parties with centre/left or left wing policies but because of our stupid system we ended up with a huge majority for the Tories.

This.

I live in a safe Tory seat. In reality there is no point in me voting because all I do is reduce the Tory MPs majority by 1.

My brother lives in a safe Labour seat. Conversely there are Tory voters there (not my brother) who vote just to reduce the Labour MP’s majority by 1.

There are approximately 150 seats each that have returned just Tory and just Labour MPs for generations.

300 seats that are dead certs isn’t good for democracy in my opinion.

I would think a 50-50 split of constituency MPs and PR MPs would be a good solution.

43.6% shouldn’t give any party 56.2% of seats or an 80 seat majority.

Such a system in 2019 would have given the Tories around 183 constituency MPs and 142 PR MPs which would have been exactly half of all MPs (325).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 118
GollyGTFC
February 8, 2021, 10:06am

Whiskey Drinker

I am awfully sorry, but I don't want my posts edited.

Well done, that’s the response I was hoping for...

But you’re quite happy for news to be edited to push a right wing/nationalistic agenda.

Tough. You can’t have it both ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 118
lew chaterleys lover
February 8, 2021, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Well done, that’s the response I was hoping for...

But you’re quite happy for news to be edited to push a right-wing/nationalistic agenda.

Tough. You can’t have it both ways.

I think you have got things a tad out of proportion. As a matter of courtesy, you should not go around "editing" peoples posts for them just because you don't like it.

In any event I was commenting on national media reports that a new channel, whose main presenter said it was to give a balance to the overly woke output of the other news channels, had been targetted by those on the left who wanted to attack it before it had even begun broadcasting.

Are we not allowed to comment on national media reports in your world?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.