Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

GB News.

This thread currently has 6,590 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
February 7, 2021, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DB
GB news Would this be a controversy

This is perfectly true, the names have been changed, as if, to BD. Many decades ago I lived in a different town. A new neighbour moved in and I introduced myself and he introduced himself.

I said I'm sorry but how do I pronounce that, so he repeated his name. I look mystified as I couldn't get pronunciation right. He said don't worry most people can't. So what do I call you I asked.

Sambo, that's what they call me at work.

So am I racial prejudice, woke snowflake or what.

It was different world then and nobody that I knew was offended by nicknames. You could even call Guy Gibson's dog a certain unpopular name in todays world, that nobody took offence to. I digress.

So theirs a start for GB news.

I am not sure you realise what GB news is.

It is fronted by one of the UK's foremost broadcasters, Andrew Neil, with a strong supporting cast and it is designed to provide a more balanced view of the news than presently being offered by the BBC or Sky.

It is not anything to do with the caricatures you paint. It is there to bring more of a balance to the metropolitan liberal view of the world, or wokeness in common slang.  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390

I am not sure you realise what GB news is.

It is fronted by one of the UK's foremost broadcasters, Andrew Neil, with a strong supporting cast and it is designed to provide a more balanced view of the news than presently being offered by the BBC or Sky.

It is not anything to do with the caricatures you paint. It is there to bring more of a balance to the metropolitan liberal view of the world, or wokeness in common slang.  

Lew I haven't the foggiest what GB news is. Last time I watched Sky News I was on holiday years ago, and as far as the BBC is concerned it's biased. As for woke and snowflake, well there's some white stuff outside the window.

I've tried hard to find an unbiased newspaper that reports news, not opinions, not political story's just news so I can make my own mind up. I'm fed up of headlines involving could, would, should, might, may and if's. One of the best newspapers was the old GT, in several editions, years ago. Todays GT (or Grimsby Live to be modern) is worse than the old Grimsby Gazette for news. It's merely a paper for the Reach group to sell advertising through.

The problem with being old is that you've experienced the best and you now have to put up modern day dressed up crap
Just fell off my soapbox.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 118
Abdul19
February 7, 2021, 8:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

I have no idea and no desire to find out. Don't know what a snowflake is either.

Buzzwords.

That's the problem with you social justice warriors.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 118
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 8:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
"Designed to provide a more balanced view of the world" Yeah right.

All views have a slant one way or another, depending on your viewpoint.

It's become fashionable to label the BBC as biased, because Tories and their supporters tell us so.

I can't stand Andrew Neil personally, so I won't get to find out how 'balanced' it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

That's the problem with you social justice warriors.

I have the same problem with these words (woke & snowflake) so does that make somebody who is neither red or blue a social justice warrior.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 118
Maringer
February 7, 2021, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,620
Gold Stars: 185
Andrew Neil, Editor of the Sunday Times for a decade, frequent contributor to the Daily Mail, also worked for the Barclay Brothers. About as right-wing a journalist as you're likely to find. The fact that he was one of the prominent political journalists at the BBC for decades would tend to indicate that they aren't particularly dominated by left-wing views. As would the case that various former editors/assistant editors of The Times, Telegraph and so forth have also held major news roles at the corporation over the past decade or more.

Neil is an honest Tory, however. He'll come at things from a right-wing viewpoint which is understandable given his own beliefs but has always been happy to give Tory politicians a hard time as well as the left.

Not quite sure what to make of this GB News stuff. The idea that BBC news with the likes of Kuenssberg and Robinson as some the most prominent political commentators on the airwaves is somehow biased towards the left is pretty laughable. The reportage of Sky News has always appeared more balanced to me, despite the links to the Dirty Digger. A US company backed by Hedgies setting up a new UK news channel seems an odd choice to me at the current time. I'd imagine they have calculated there may be some money in it, somehow. Fox has certainly done extremely well financially over in the US.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 118
Humbercod
February 7, 2021, 9:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings
"Designed to provide a more balanced view of the world" Yeah right.

All views have a slant one way or another, depending on your viewpoint.

It's become fashionable to label the BBC as biased, because Tories and their supporters tell us so.

Don’t forget the BBC love to remind us that the left also like to label them bias to confirm how balanced they really are🤔
This is just to mask their real Cultural Marxist agenda In which they routinely abuse its power to promote this progressive multicultural politically correct globalist view.

Which is a scary thought when you consider their global reach they’ve recently reported has increased by 11%
to 468.2m people a week!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 118
DB
February 7, 2021, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Don’t forget the BBC love to remind us that the left also like to label them bias to confirm how balanced they really are🤔
This is just to mask their real Cultural Marxist agenda In which they routinely abuse its power to promote this progressive multicultural politically correct globalist view.

Which is a scary thought when you consider their global reach they’ve recently reported has increased by 11%
to 468.2m people a week!

Perhaps some of those 468.2m people should help to pay towards our tv licence. Seems they're watching/listening for free.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 118
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 10:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Humbercod

to 468.2m people a week!

You don't half spout some bollox.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 118
MarinerWY
February 7, 2021, 10:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Humbercod

Are you a parody?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.