Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
lukeo and 16 Guests

GB News.

This thread currently has 6,594 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
February 10, 2021, 3:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ska face

https://theferret.scot/tory-mps-back-tax-haven-after-18000-trip/

Perhaps, as a hard working tax payer, you might want to raise this the next time you are in contact with warmonger Vickers.

If you’re not too busy polishing his shoes with your tongue that is.

The beautiful thing about not suffering political indoctrination, means I can Email my concerns to my local MP (which ever party they represent) and I often do.

So Scarface for someone like you who votes for a rosette on a donkeys bottom, I’d of thought it would be a rather easy process for you to contact our Tory MP’s yourself, rather than whinging on here like a female dog in heat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 118
ska face
February 10, 2021, 3:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,746
Gold Stars: 851
hahaha, such a hard working taxpayer that he doesn’t care when billions are being siphoned off to the Cayman Islands! All because his betters tell him that’s how it goes.

“Oooh Mr Vickers, here take my taxes, I’ve been grafting my nads off all week just so your mates don’t have to! Kick me harder Mr Vickers, spit on me!”

Absolute worm mentality
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 118
Humbercod
February 10, 2021, 5:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
😆 Lunatic 😆
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 118
ginnywings
February 11, 2021, 12:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Humbercod

I’m often in contact with Mr Vickers, so do tell more Ginny?

Next time you are in contact with him, ask him if a Scottish MP claiming a quarter of a million in justifiable expenses is value for money, compared to giving a pest control firm an uncontested order for 170 million pounds worth of useless PPE.

Or maybe giving their mates billions for a useless track and trace system.

I could list umpteen more examples of a waste of your tax contributions. Perhaps you should be questioning that instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 118
Humbercod
February 11, 2021, 8:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Next time you are in contact with him, ask him if a Scottish MP claiming a quarter of a million in justifiable expenses is value for money, compared to giving a pest control firm an uncontested order for 170 million pounds worth of useless PPE.

Or maybe giving their mates billions for a useless track and trace system.

I could list umpteen more examples of a waste of your tax contributions. Perhaps you should be questioning that instead.

Easy being a hindsight merchant eh!
Bad decisions were made no question, many out of sheer desperation, and that’s why I will cut them some slack as they were so desperate to contain a killer virus, you know that virus that was wiping people out in across the world, and they made rash decisions in the interest of common good.

Out of interest do you honestly! honestly! think Starmer and is motley crew would have fared much better? Because I’ve not heard him come up with any credible solutions to get us out of this, normally with things being so bad you’d expect the opposition party to have a field day, but Starmer has been totally clueless more flip flops than Bournemouth beach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 118
codcheeky
February 11, 2021, 9:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod

Bad decisions were made no question, many out of sheer desperation, and that’s why I will cut them some slack as they were so desperate to contain a killer virus, you know that virus that was wiping people out in across the world, and they made rash decisions in the interest of common good.

Out of interest do you honestly! honestly! think Starmer and is motley crew would have fared much better? Because I’ve not heard him come up with any credible solutions to get us out of this, normally with things being so bad you’d expect the opposition party to have a field day, but Starmer has been totally clueless more flip flops than Bournemouth beach.

Giving massive contracts to donors and mates without any experience or expertise in health was critiqued at the time , bypassing the NHS to give Serco contract for track and trace to be run by a failed jockey which turned out a complete shambles was criticised at the time, not shutting down until  much too late was nothing to do with hindsight, we have the world’s highest death rate due to a catalogue of arrogance, cronyism and outright incompetence.
Pretending that no one could of done better is smug madness, the fact is every other country has done better most without the advantage of being an island. You are deluding yourself, defending incompetence out of some misplaced loyalty, give your head a wobble man
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 118
Sandford1981
February 11, 2021, 9:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Humbercod

Out of interest do you honestly! honestly! think Starmer and is motley crew would have fared much better? Because I’ve not heard him come up with any credible solutions to get us out of this, normally with things being so bad you’d expect the opposition party to have a field day, but Starmer has been totally clueless more flip flops than Bournemouth  beach.

The hindsight line again! Jesus wept. Ahead of time they have been given advice to avoid numerous detrimental scenarios. Boris and his pals have repeatedly ignored those with foresight. Instead they act after the event. In hindsight you might say, though we’ve established that’s pretty much what you say to anything.

You have castigated MPs for claiming justifiable expenses in the thousands but now make excuses for the government using the distraction of the pandemic to take cronyism to a new level in throwing around millions.

In answer to the question you pose-who knows how Starmer would do? The fact remains he’s not in charge and we can only look at who is and be critical of his avoidable calamities. If Starmer made the decisions Boris had I’d be equally scathing of him too. My problem with Boris is not tribal, I just do not think the man is up to the job, sadly.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 118
ginnywings
February 11, 2021, 10:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Humbercod

Hindsight and flip flops.

That describes Boris and his chums to a tee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 118
Humbercod
February 11, 2021, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
I’ve criticised Boris on here, especially with regards to not shutting the country down quick enough and not having a true lockdown. So Is he the right man for the job?
My answer would be no.... that is until you look at the opposition, and what a sad indictment of our political system when you consider the mistakes Boris has made, yet his party is still firmly ahead in the opinion polls.

For those above screaming about our highest death rates in the world give YOUR heads a wobble.
Trying to compare different countries to decide which is the worst is just ridiculous, when you can understand the differences in how countries record Covid deaths, our weekly figures include suspected cases for just one example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 118
DB
February 11, 2021, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Sandford1981

The hindsight line again! Jesus wept. Ahead of time they have been given advice to avoid numerous detrimental scenarios. Boris and his pals have repeatedly ignored those with foresight. Instead they act after the event. In hindsight you might say, though we’ve established that’s pretty much what you say to anything.

You have castigated MPs for claiming justifiable expenses in the thousands but now make excuses for the government using the distraction of the pandemic to take cronyism to a new level in throwing around millions.

In answer to the question you pose-who knows how Starmer would do? The fact remains he’s not in charge and we can only look at who is and be critical of his avoidable calamities. If Starmer made the decisions Boris had I’d be equally scathing of him too. My problem with Boris is not tribal, I just do not think the man is up to the job, sadly.

He's not, but at the election it was all about Brexit. Covid was even thought about or even known. Unfortunately Boris has been democratically elected so like him or not he's in power.

When covid came along, approx. a year ago their was absolutely nothing to look back on in recent times to say this how to deal with it. So it was trial and error.
Now it is becoming a different ball game. Boris can now look at what worked for us and what has worked for other nations around the world.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › GB News.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.