Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

This thread currently has 28,759 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
January 27, 2021, 5:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from thefish

Because at this level, most people haven’t heard of many of the other players that we could possibly sign. Before joining town, how often have you actually heard of the players that we sign (granted they might be touted on here the day before by somebody ‘in the know’)?

People love a rumour but a rumour that we are about to sign Montel Gibson isn’t going to get as many people excited as a Boyle, Amond, Lenny rumour.

What?!?!? Were signing montel Gibson AGAIN!! He's already shite and got a 3 year contract why the hell would we give him longer?!?!? Hurst out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 143
golfer
January 27, 2021, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown

What?!?!? Were signing montel Gibson AGAIN!! He's already shite and got a 3 year contract why the hell would we give him longer?!?!? Hurst out!

And Boyle  LJL  and Amond  Will they be avail. for Sat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 143
KingstonMariner
January 27, 2021, 5:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

I totally agree with you, but I'd like the trust to tell us what the 'informal' talks were all about. After all they are not governed by boardroom confidentiality on this.

You could always contact them and ask. Come back and share the response.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 143
CatchOfTheDay
January 27, 2021, 7:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 1
LJL was never prolific for us but that was never his job. We need goals and I'm not certain that he will get them but I'm certain, if he were to sign, that he would make the ball stick at the right end of the pitch and bring others into the game.
The Scunthorpe game was the perfect example of how not to play a football match. We got the ball in defence and aimlessly pumped it forward, completely missing out the midfield. If Lenny could get hold of the ball and keep at his feet for even a few seconds it will allow our players to push and make the best of a bad situation.
If we were rumoured to be signing him when we were second from top rather than second from bottom I would agree that we wouldn't need him. In our position I would much rather Hurst sign someone he knows better than they know themselves rather than taking a gamble on someone he can't trust to give what he needs.
This is now about survival and if we can get players who we know will give their all then maybe we have a fighting chance. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 143
Tinymariner
January 27, 2021, 8:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Patience

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 143
FishOutOfWater
April 18, 2021, 12:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from CatchOfTheDay
LJL was never prolific for us but that was never his job. We need goals and I'm not certain that he will get them but I'm certain, if he were to sign, that he would make the ball stick at the right end of the pitch and bring others into the game.
The Scunthorpe game was the perfect example of how not to play a football match. We got the ball in defence and aimlessly pumped it forward, completely missing out the midfield. If Lenny could get hold of the ball and keep at his feet for even a few seconds it will allow our players to push and make the best of a bad situation.
If we were rumoured to be signing him when we were second from top rather than second from bottom I would agree that we wouldn't need him. In our position I would much rather Hurst sign someone he knows better than they know themselves rather than taking a gamble on someone he can't trust to give what he needs.
This is now about survival and if we can get players who we know will give their all then maybe we have a fighting chance. UTM

Just re-read this and you are spot on COTD!!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 135 - 143
HertsGTFC
April 18, 2021, 11:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
For Lenny to be fully effective he needs players around him, at times yesterday when we got more numbers forward you could see his value.

Next season though not a certainty just yet it looks like he’ll be playing against slower defenders who won’t get as touch tight so we’ll really see his value.

In terms of return rate looking at his stats he scored 1 in 3 across his career.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 143
cannylad68
April 18, 2021, 12:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Don't underestimate non league players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 143
MuddyWaters
April 18, 2021, 12:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Whichever way you look at it, he gives us far more than Green, Payne or Gibson.
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 143
DB
April 18, 2021, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,001
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from HertsGTFC
For Lenny to be fully effective he needs players around him, at times yesterday when we got more numbers forward you could see his value.

Next season though not a certainty just yet it looks like he’ll be playing against slower defenders who won’t get as touch tight so we’ll really see his value.

In terms of return rate looking at his stats he scored 1 in 3 across his career.

I like the way he holds the ball and puts himself about. Stats since he came back played in 15 games, scored 3 goals, 1 in 5.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.