Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 110 Guests

Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

This thread currently has 28,752 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
FrazerGTFC
January 26, 2021, 7:31pm

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -234
Gold Stars: 1
Hurst said nothing close but wouldn’t rule out a move for LJL

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 143
January 26, 2021, 8:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
Wonder what number he was on Hurst's initial list of prospective strikers.

Reply: 111 - 143
Humbercod
January 26, 2021, 9:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The problem is we are where we are. Thanks to Fenty (and latterly Horrorway) people are getting excited about signing a Tier 6 player.

Humbocod is a Fentinista, but he’s moaning about where his pal has led us.

Ha ha! Show me all these post then where I must’ve been vigorously defending Fenty? As these posts will justify you calling me a ‘Fentinista’😂

I was critical of the signs and placards, including banners outside his house as I’m not into witch hunts!

I’ve been critical of his tenure at the club and welcomed his decision on this forum to step down, but I won’t just forget he was the only one prepared to step in with his own money at our most desperate time, no matter how many red crosses I get.

As for ‘Horrowway’ it wasn’t long ago many fishy members were getting over excited (me included) at the mere rumour of Holloway coming, the majority of posters where in full support some even suggesting on here that if Fenty could pull this off, all would be forgiven!
I think there’s more than a few on here attacking Fenty for Holloway’s appointment who’d feel a bit of a prat if they looked back at their old posts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 143
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2021, 9:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

Ha ha! Show me all these post then where I must’ve been vigorously defending Fenty? As these posts will justify you calling me a ‘Fentinista’😂

I was critical of the signs and placards, including banners outside his house as I’m not into witch hunts!

I’ve been critical of his tenure at the club and welcomed his decision on this forum to step down, but I won’t just forget he was the only one prepared to step in with his own money at our most desperate time, no matter how many red crosses I get.

As for ‘Horrowway’ it wasn’t long ago many fishy members were getting over excited (me included) at the mere rumour of Holloway coming, the majority of posters where in full support some even suggesting on here that if Fenty could pull this off, all would be forgiven!
I think there’s more than a few on here attacking Fenty for Holloway’s appointment who’d feel a bit of a prat if they looked back at their old posts.

Can’t be arsed to trawl through this board for examples. But your comment that he was prepared to put his own money in. Mostly as loans. At the expense of bad management. Poisonous at the core.

As for people being taken in by Holloway. That’s normal. People gave him a chance. Nowt wrong in that. Of course we’ve turned on him once we found out what anarsehole he was. That’s normal too.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 143
Humbercod
January 26, 2021, 11:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82

As for people being taken in by Holloway. That’s normal. People gave him a chance. Nowt wrong in that. Of course we’ve turned on him once we found out what anarsehole he was. That’s normal too.

I agree but that wasn’t my point.
Can you agree it’s a bit hypocritical to praise the decision to appoint him, but then criticise that same decision when it all goes wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 143
Maringer
January 26, 2021, 11:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,483
Gold Stars: 185
I liked LJL during his time with us. Not the best of finishers, obviously (though a dead-eye at penalties), but in lower division football, a big, athletic forward willing to run his bits off every game can be a real asset, especially against the weaker teams in the division. I know he's had his injury problems in recent years, but if he's still got 90% of the physical prowess and stamina from his last spell, he'll be an asset for workrate alone. We're not exactly replete with big, strong, quick and athletic forwards willing to run until they can't go any further. Perhaps he'll create more space for the likes of Hanson and Payne to get some chances?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 143
KingstonMariner
January 27, 2021, 1:03am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

I agree but that wasn’t my point.
Can you agree it’s a bit hypocritical to praise the decision to appoint him, but then criticise that same decision when it all goes wrong?

I don’t think there’s criticism of the appointment of Holloway as such. It’s not that people thought he was a good manager, found out that he wasn’t and are criticising the appointment with hindsight. The ire is more about the whiff of something unpleasant about Holloway’s involvement at the club, that was smelt after his departure.

His stated reason for leaving lacks credibility in many people’s eyes, given his previous statement and the timing of announcements about the sale. It appears as though he was up to his neck in it. And he would only have been up to his neck in it with the connivance of the controller of the company.

So I don’t think it’s hypocritical of fans to have praised Holloway’s appointment a year ago, to now criticise it given there’s new information that they couldn’t have known 12 months ago.

What I would say though is that the general group think that goes on at times meant people quickly jumped on any slight negativity. Anyone who expressed reservations at the time of Holloway’s appointment was red-crossed to boogery.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 143
DB
January 27, 2021, 5:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386

I don’t think there’s criticism of the appointment of Holloway as such. It’s not that people thought he was a good manager, found out that he wasn’t and are criticising the appointment with hindsight. The ire is more about the whiff of something unpleasant about Holloway’s involvement at the club, that was smelt after his departure.

His stated reason for leaving lacks credibility in many people’s eyes, given his previous statement and the timing of announcements about the sale. It appears as though he was up to his neck in it. And he would only have been up to his neck in it with the connivance of the controller of the company.

So I don’t think it’s hypocritical of fans to have praised Holloway’s appointment a year ago, to now criticise it given there’s new information that they couldn’t have known 12 months ago.

What I would say though is that the general group think that goes on at times meant people quickly jumped on any slight negativity. Anyone who expressed reservations at the time of Holloway’s appointment was red-crossed to boogery.

We are now in exactly the same position with the take over consortium (My 3 Amigos thread).All I get is X's for pointing out we have no information about their intentions for the future of the club.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 143
aldi_01
January 27, 2021, 5:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Holloway was scam, Fenty was a flipping disgrace. People can have their opinions but getting involved with May both as the owner of GTFC and as deputy deputy leader of the council have soured any chance for some credibility leaving the good ship BP. Anyone still claiming he did his best and the like need to just gave their heads a wobble...if that’s his best I’d suggest he step away from anything he’s involved with.

The consortium will lay out their intentions once the purchase has gone through, why lay all your cards out now when they don’t have to?

Let’s face it, when Fenty brushed them off last time and said they couldn’t prove this or that he saw his bottom because he along with his cronies had zero ideas and wanted to see someone else’s and then likely palm them off as his own.

Holloway, enough has been said about that man. People claim it was a good appointment, in truth he had more sinister reasons for taking the job than anyone before him. A charlatan, a crook and for me the worst manager in my 30/35 years supporting town, in truth, a legacy of beating scunny away and that is all.

As for LJL, may be not the best, may be a little injury prone but I’m sure his work rate remains and I’d still argue he’s better than what we’ve got. A crock, a a finished Green and Gibson, not really sure what he is...LJL up top with the new lad wouldn’t be the worst pairing...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 143
DB
January 27, 2021, 6:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
A quote from Hursty in the GT today “There’s certainly nothing close to happening there at the minute.”

Read into it what you may.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.