Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 156 Guests

Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

This thread currently has 28,662 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
January 26, 2021, 2:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Can't wait for this place to go into meltdown when Derek Niven comes out of retirement to sign a two year deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 143
ska face
January 26, 2021, 2:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from 140751

I would luv to see the stats that back up your point - surely they would be classed as facts?

No problem mate - you can Google which leagues Halesowen and Folkestone play in, then Google which division Hereford play in, then compare the results.

Private Message
Reply: 81 - 143
MarinerMal
January 26, 2021, 2:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

He had not managed any of the first 3 signings....

Talking nonsense pal

Only signing ex-players was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment which seems have been taken too seriously by some.

You were correct the first 3 weren't but the next one was and if LJL signs....  

Being more serious let's look at the signings

Sam Habergham - was well liked at Lincoln but is coming back after a serious knee injury. IF he can get back to his best could be a good signing.
Rollin Menayese - a Loan from a fellow struggling club in League Two.
Jay Matete - A 19 year-old from a League One side. A tough situation for a young lad to come into.
Stefan Payne - Possibly the best signing so far and could give some presence up front as we can't rely on Hanson too much these days but another coming back from a long term injury.
LJL? - I understand people saying he is better than what we have but I am not sure he improves on that too much, especially now we have Payne.

Are those signings enough to keep us up? I have my doubts. You may think they improve on what we have and it's hard to argue with that but do they improve us enough? I guess time will tell.

I'm not blaming Hurst for any of the signings either, he has no choice now but to roll the dice and it can't be easy to attract players to the club.

I really hope the new owners have a club in the Football League next year, to start with a National League club would just make their job all the more difficult, I think.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 143
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 26, 2021, 2:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,989
Gold Stars: 285
Quoted from MarinerMal

Only signing ex-players was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment which seems have been taken too seriously by some.

Sam Habergham - was well liked at Lincoln but is coming back after a serious knee injury. IF he can get back to his best could be a good signing.
Jay Matete - A 19 year-old from a League One side. A tough situation for a young lad to come into.
Stefan Payne - Possibly the best signing so far and could give some presence up front as we can't rely on Hanson too much these days but another coming back from a long term injury.
LJL? - I understand people saying he is better than what we have but I am not sure he improves on that too much, especially now we have Payne.

Are those signings enough to keep us up? I have my doubts. You may think they improve on what we have and it's hard to argue with that but do they improve us enough? I guess time will tell.

I'm not blaming Hurst for any of the signings either, he has no choice now but to roll the dice and it can't be easy to attract players to the club.

I really hope the new owners have a club in the Football League next year, to start with a National League club would just make their job all the more difficult, I think.

Do they improve us enough? At time of writing they need to improve us one place in the league.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 143
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 26, 2021, 3:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Son of Cod
Can't wait for this place to go into meltdown when Derek Niven comes out of retirement to sign a two year deal.

With Columbia or Paramount?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 143
Jarmo.Is.God
January 26, 2021, 3:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from MarinerMal

I have seen enough in 1 game to see Matete will make a difference, to the midfield, but him alone won't keep us up in this mess, so hopefully Payne helps that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 143
pontoonlew
January 26, 2021, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from devs
Does Hurst only sign ex player?
Rather that then the previous manager who admitted he hadn't seen some of them; was reliant on others telling him; and admitted he'd got it wrong

LJL was a donkey... bollox!
He was not a prolific scorer but brought a lot to the team... I recall Disley and PH saying he does so much unnoticed work for others and the team

We are NOT going to sign a prolific scorer from L1/2 - especially in January
Can you imagine teams giving away their prize assets?

If LJL comes and it works out well I can see players like Scannell, Spokes, Morais, Bennett, Wright all flourishing
Ball held up - bringing others into the game

Bring it on - cos it can't be any worse

You say prolific striker from League 1/2 as though that's what ANY fan has asked for. Everyone was pleased with the signing yesterday.

What you're not taking into account is there is a middle ground between prolific and LJL. I cannot believe what I'm reading from some of these posts, LJL in 2015 has been reinvented over the course of today, he was bang average then (in the conference, 6 years ago) but suddenly he's become the messiah. It's completely typical of our fanbase to do this.

Let's not forget, LJL was part of a team that constantly failed to make the next step and get us out of the league. It took signing Podge and Bogle to finally have a strike force capable of taking us out of the conference.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 143
mimma
January 26, 2021, 3:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
The one thing we haven't done in games is keep their defenders occupied and we have given them time on the ball. Payne and Lenny will change that! This means the ball will be coming back at us less and be more hurried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 143
Humbercod
January 26, 2021, 3:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
Absolute desperation, the signing that’s confirmed our relegation. I knew Hurst was the wrong decision and this just confirms it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 143
January 26, 2021, 3:34pm
Guest User
First of all, I haven't seen any confirmation that he has signed for us, secondly, your post is pathetic.
Reply: 89 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.