Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 236 Guests

Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

This thread currently has 28,749 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
January 26, 2021, 1:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,459
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from arryarryarry
John Lewis?

I'd rather we bought Debenhams.

Getting on a bit and yet another victim of the Grimsby 's'.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=10880

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 143
Ashby mariner
January 26, 2021, 1:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Has  he actually signed officially yet?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 143
monkeyboy
January 26, 2021, 1:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Its right about Jackson getting unfairly slated.

The service has been excrement to say the least and when you have a partner that cant pass,shoot,hold the ball and link play up(Green) you may aswell not be playing as the chances will not come.

The guys a natural finisher and with LJL at his side could well be the magic cog for the midfield to make those chances by holding the ball up without fouling every two minutes.

Gibson im not so sure tbh and he isnt as composed as Jackson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 143
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2021, 2:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Another ear cupper. Away at Dartford after a string of misses he scored a penalty. Mate, you scored a pen as you bloody should do. No need to be chippy considering the number of cows arses you’d previously missed.
It’s a big no from me, but would be delighted to be wrong

To be fair, there was a few of us being vocal about him coming in including me (moaning at the decision not abusing the player), and he earned that penalty through sheer bluddy persistence chasing a lost cause. Then when he lined up to take the pen there were a few loud “oh noes”. And he delivered. An ear cupping fairly delivered.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 143
psgmariner
January 26, 2021, 2:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Another ear cupper. Away at Dartford after a string of misses he scored a penalty. Mate, you scored a pen as you bloody should do. No need to be chippy considering the number of cows arses you’d previously missed.
It’s a big no from me, but would be delighted to be wrong

Ha! I remember that. He was terrible that day but at least his penalty went in.

Like you, I remain to be convinced but it's not like we can do any worse so may as well change it up.

Private Message
Reply: 74 - 143
January 26, 2021, 2:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face

I’m sorry Mr Jackson, ooooh, this is for real.

They’re not getting slated, it’s just a statement of fact.

I would luv to see the stats that back up your point - surely they would be classed as facts? I’m not saying that Jackson Jr and Gibson are perfect but let’s be clear our so called experience have clearly done no better.
Reply: 75 - 143
LondonMariner43
January 26, 2021, 2:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
If he can do what he did before then he will take pressure off the defence and allow the midfield to get forward as he held the ball up so well. Part of our problem has been how quickly the ball comes back at us.

100% agree with this.  We don't get enough players into the box and I think the reason for this is that the midfield don't have the confidence to get forward.  I was watching Lineker, Shearer and Wright discussing Man Utd and Liverpool on Sunday.  They showed how Man Utd will sometimes have 4 players running into the box when the ball is being crossed in.  We only seem to get players in the box for corners and free kicks.  They also showed how Liverpool's poor goal scoring run is built on a lack of confidence, slowing the play down, not committing enough men forward.  Its a different level, but its the same problem for Town.  

Confidence breeds confidence and lack of confidence breeds even more lack of confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 143
LondonMariner43
January 26, 2021, 2:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from friskneymariner
Rodman next.

The Alex Rodman who has played 120 games in League One in the last 3 seasons?  Yes please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 143
January 26, 2021, 2:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face

I’m sorry Mr Jackson, ooooh, this is for real.

They’re not getting slated, it’s just a statement of fact.

I appreciate the compliment mate. Any dad who is able to get his lad a deal in football should be applauded. But you don’t hav to be related to any of our squad to know they need to start winning games and fast, or that we need to score goals sharpish.
Reply: 78 - 143
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 26, 2021, 2:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from LondonMariner43

100% agree with this.  We don't get enough players into the box and I think the reason for this is that the midfield don't have the confidence to get forward.  I was watching Lineker, Shearer and Wright discussing Man Utd and Liverpool on Sunday.  They showed how Man Utd will sometimes have 4 players running into the box when the ball is being crossed in.  We only seem to get players in the box for corners and free kicks.  They also showed how Liverpool's poor goal scoring run is built on a lack of confidence, slowing the play down, not committing enough men forward.  Its a different level, but its the same problem for Town.  

Confidence breeds confidence and lack of confidence breeds even more lack of confidence.

Those clever sods are talking about PL players though. The problem with Hurst teams right up to his leaving was exactly that. A midfield player getting in front of the ball had vertigo from being so high up the field.

I didn't rate LJL or Hurstball but just now this is our only  option. Tricky midfielders not required. Poor pitch irrelevant because the ball won't be down there much. We need to graft out some points and players like Payne and LJL are the sort to do it.

A big gob in the middle of the park would help as well and I would still not be surprised to see another keeper arrive.

We have to accept that we are in the sh!t and planning for any long future is a waste of time at this moment. Just sign big nasty bu99ers who will make us hard to beat.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.