Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 294 Guests

Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

This thread currently has 28,661 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
January 26, 2021, 3:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Quite happy to see LJL come back, if that's what happens. Don't think he'll sit on his short-term contract and waste the season away (unlike others already in the squad).

Hurst can't go out there and kick the ball in the net himself. He needs to rely on his players to do that, and if you were backed into a corner and put under pressure at work, and you needed help to get yourself out of a hole, would you take a risk with people you don't know, or would you in fact call your mates?

He knows what he'll get from the likes of Payne and LJL, in this situation.

This isn't the summer, when he'll be building a squad for the season. Then I'd expect him to show the true breadth of his knowledge, and prove he can unearth the next generation of McKeowns, Pearsons, Disleys, Amonds and Bogles.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 90 - 143
tanga_the_indestructible
January 26, 2021, 3:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from pontoonlew

You say prolific striker from League 1/2 as though that's what ANY fan has asked for. Everyone was pleased with the signing yesterday.

What you're not taking into account is there is a middle ground between prolific and LJL. I cannot believe what I'm reading from some of these posts, LJL in 2015 has been reinvented over the course of today, he was bang average then (in the conference, 6 years ago) but suddenly he's become the messiah. It's completely typical of our fanbase to do this.

Let's not forget, LJL was part of a team that constantly failed to make the next step and get us out of the league. It took signing Podge and Bogle to finally have a strike force capable of taking us out of the conference.

The team we had the season before (with LJL) was better and more successful, other than a hotly disputed refereeing decision in the final that was a game-changer. We finished a place higher with six points more.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 143
Total Hawsehole
January 26, 2021, 3:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +140
Gold Stars: 2
Not hotly disputed enough. A disgraceful piece of refereeing, cannot understand how Ross Joyce can continue to work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 143
TwoLeftFeet
January 26, 2021, 3:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,065
Gold Stars: 18
Would be happy with the 3 strikers of Hanson, Payne and the shop to be our 3 main forwards til end of season if he signs.. always liked LJL thought some of the critism was out of order 1st time around.

Good to read on here that alot of people could see what he would bring to the team. If Hurst thinks he's still got it that's good enough for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 143
Numanoid
January 26, 2021, 3:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
Not being funny but ronaldo couldn't keep us up on his own never mind lennie, its about pulling together às a team, that means everyone ., we can do it , lets get behind Hurst and the boys whatever!!! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 143
IlkleyMariner
January 26, 2021, 3:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Personally think it’s a no brainier.
Assuming Hereford don’t play another game anyway this season it will be good to have Lennie around. If it doesn’t work, not much lost. If it does it’s an inspired choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 143
forza ivano
January 26, 2021, 4:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from friskneymariner
Rodman next.

apparently there's a strong rumour going around about Wes Thomas..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 143
Northbank Mariner
January 26, 2021, 4:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from forza ivano

apparently there's a strong rumour going around about Wes Thomas..........

That's come from a Twitter account stating he's going back to a previous club on lucrative terms and once I read the word "lucrative" I ruled GTFC straight out iyf the running.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 143
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2021, 4:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

With Columbia or Paramount?

David Niven would bring a touch of class 😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 143
joe56
January 26, 2021, 4:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
It seems that Lenny has gone from strength to strength since leaving Town. He did well for the Shrews, and he seems to be very highly thought of at Hereford on the evidence of their Fans’ Forum. One poster described him as the best player in the club’s (relatively recent) history. They seem to be resigned to losing him to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenell John-Lewis return (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.