6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
January 25, 2021, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
The good news there paying Fenty off. But what then we have heard of one concrete fact what they are going to do. We are lured with a new start, the INTENSION of a new stadium on the docks. Decent management running the club but at this moment in time they are also the 3 proverbial monkeys. They have made no communication through the GT, Supporters club or anywhere else hinting what they intend to do.

I would just like to know what their plan is, an inkling, titbit, something please. On one site it said due diligence takes 3/5 weeks so sometime in February the 3 Amigos will take over to do what? Nobody new in for Barrow and I hope for a win.

Before you start to moan at me perhaps you might like to take a look on the "Classic Threads " above under Holloway announced!!. Not one person complain but some PRAISED FENTY for getting Holloway. 12 month later life tells a totally opposite story.

This thread is in no way sticking up for Fenty, but some guidance call it want you, from the 3 Amigos would be nice. As another old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for' because our wish at this moment is no better than a breath of air!

So what say you?

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Oly1987
January 25, 2021, 4:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
I thought this was going to be a thread saying we'd signed Payne, Rodman and Bogle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 25, 2021, 4:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
I say give it a rest. Until the deal is completed there is nothing to say, grand plans mean nothing if the sale falls through. Personally happy to wait until the white smoke goes up and they hold their first press conference.

Too busy panicking about relegation to worry about where they may site a new training ground!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
Croxton
January 25, 2021, 4:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from DB
The good news there paying Fenty off. But what then we have heard of one concrete fact what they are going to do. We are lured with a new start, the INTENSION of a new stadium on the docks. Decent management running the club but at this moment in time they are also the 3 proverbial monkeys. They have made no communication through the GT, Supporters club or anywhere else hinting what they intend to do.

I would just like to know what their plan is, an inkling, titbit, something please. On one site it said due diligence takes 3/5 weeks so sometime in February the 3 Amigos will take over to do what? Nobody new in for Barrow and I hope for a win.

Before you start to moan at me perhaps you might like to take a look on the "Classic Threads " above under Holloway announced!!. Not one person complain but some PRAISED FENTY for getting Holloway. 12 month later life tells a totally opposite story.

This thread is in no way sticking up for Fenty, but some guidance call it want you, from the 3 Amigos would be nice. As another old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for' because our wish at this moment is no better than a breath of air!

So what say you?

UTM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 25, 2021, 4:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from DB

UTM

Three to five weeks is a very rough guide, not an absolute. It depends on many variables, not least what the Buyers are finding and if both sides are pushing at the same speed.

Remember, we have come straight out of Christmas into January, one of the busiest months for people involved in finance. Add in the pandemic and it will slow completion. As much as I dislike JSF, I presume he is just as keen to get this over the line.

The ‘3 Amigos’ aren’t going to come on here and say, “Hi DB. DD going well but we’ve just found a suspense account called ‘JSF’s bunga bunga slush fund’ and it’s holding up the deal!’ (this is a joke if you are reading this John, I am not suggesting any financial impropriety in this deal)”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
joe56
January 25, 2021, 4:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
DB, why not just refer to them as the consortium? Seriously, what’s this “Three Amigos”all about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
Northbank Mariner
January 25, 2021, 4:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from joe56
DB, why not just refer to them as the consortium? Seriously, what’s this “Three Amigos”all about?

Because he's a bit of a div and likes to think he's controversial but makes a t!t of himself...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
gytone
January 25, 2021, 4:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,020
Gold Stars: 7
FFS, give it time, I'm sure things are going nicely in the background.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
DB
January 25, 2021, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386

Three to five weeks is a very rough guide, not an absolute. It depends on many variables, not least what the Buyers are finding and if both sides are pushing at the same speed.

Remember, we have come straight out of Christmas into January, one of the busiest months for people involved in finance. Add in the pandemic and it will slow completion. As much as I dislike JSF, I presume he is just as keen to get this over the line.

The ‘3 Amigos’ aren’t going to come on here and say, “Hi DB. DD going well but we’ve just found a suspense account called ‘JSF’s bunga bunga slush fund’ and it’s holding up the deal!’ (this is a joke if you are reading this John, I am not suggesting any financial impropriety in this deal)”.

I agree with what you say but it would be nice to have something to cling onto. The team aren't rubbish, because rubbish can be recycled this lot can't. So as we all know their is a major problem, survival  

No quality recruitment to help so basically we are minnows in a sea of sharks. Club management is a total disgrace I post yesterday then Ohman is still listed as a player. So the 'Team' don't care and neither does the management otherwise they'd have removed him. I won't mention Cheapside.

Where does actually leave us. In sh.t with a sinking boat and no paddle. There is only one group of people who care, and passionately care, about the club and that is the fishy clan on this site. We will never agree all the time but we do CARE about Town.

That was the purpose of the thread. So tiny suggestion from the 3 Amigos would nice, something to cling onto. As for waiting for the deal to go through, some suggest at the beginning of January we had loads of time to sign new players!

3 Amigos I believe is a term for friends, which I hope they are. I don't mind the critics, or X, but at the end of the day the club is screwed; like it or lump it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
RonMariner
January 25, 2021, 4:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 Amigos

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.