Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 4:09pm
The good news there paying Fenty off. But what then we have heard of one concrete fact what they are going to do. We are lured with a new start, the INTENSION of a new stadium on the docks. Decent management running the club but at this moment in time they are also the 3 proverbial monkeys. They have made no communication through the GT, Supporters club or anywhere else hinting what they intend to do.

I would just like to know what their plan is, an inkling, titbit, something please. On one site it said due diligence takes 3/5 weeks so sometime in February the 3 Amigos will take over to do what? Nobody new in for Barrow and I hope for a win.

Before you start to moan at me perhaps you might like to take a look on the "Classic Threads " above under Holloway announced!!. Not one person complain but some PRAISED FENTY for getting Holloway. 12 month later life tells a totally opposite story.

This thread is in no way sticking up for Fenty, but some guidance call it want you, from the 3 Amigos would be nice. As another old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for' because our wish at this moment is no better than a breath of air!

So what say you?

UTM
Posted by: Oly1987, January 25, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 1
I thought this was going to be a thread saying we'd signed Payne, Rodman and Bogle.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 25, 2021, 4:12pm; Reply: 2
I say give it a rest. Until the deal is completed there is nothing to say, grand plans mean nothing if the sale falls through. Personally happy to wait until the white smoke goes up and they hold their first press conference.

Too busy panicking about relegation to worry about where they may site a new training ground!!!
Posted by: Croxton, January 25, 2021, 4:13pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from DB
The good news there paying Fenty off. But what then we have heard of one concrete fact what they are going to do. We are lured with a new start, the INTENSION of a new stadium on the docks. Decent management running the club but at this moment in time they are also the 3 proverbial monkeys. They have made no communication through the GT, Supporters club or anywhere else hinting what they intend to do.

I would just like to know what their plan is, an inkling, titbit, something please. On one site it said due diligence takes 3/5 weeks so sometime in February the 3 Amigos will take over to do what? Nobody new in for Barrow and I hope for a win.

Before you start to moan at me perhaps you might like to take a look on the "Classic Threads " above under Holloway announced!!. Not one person complain but some PRAISED FENTY for getting Holloway. 12 month later life tells a totally opposite story.

This thread is in no way sticking up for Fenty, but some guidance call it want you, from the 3 Amigos would be nice. As another old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for' because our wish at this moment is no better than a breath of air!

So what say you?

UTM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 25, 2021, 4:31pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from DB

UTM

Three to five weeks is a very rough guide, not an absolute. It depends on many variables, not least what the Buyers are finding and if both sides are pushing at the same speed.

Remember, we have come straight out of Christmas into January, one of the busiest months for people involved in finance. Add in the pandemic and it will slow completion. As much as I dislike JSF, I presume he is just as keen to get this over the line.

The ‘3 Amigos’ aren’t going to come on here and say, “Hi DB. DD going well but we’ve just found a suspense account called ‘JSF’s bunga bunga slush fund’ and it’s holding up the deal!’ (this is a joke if you are reading this John, I am not suggesting any financial impropriety in this deal)”.
Posted by: joe56, January 25, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 5
DB, why not just refer to them as the consortium? Seriously, what’s this “Three Amigos”all about?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 25, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from joe56
DB, why not just refer to them as the consortium? Seriously, what’s this “Three Amigos”all about?

Because he's a bit of a div and likes to think he's controversial but makes a t!t of himself...
Posted by: gytone, January 25, 2021, 4:58pm; Reply: 7
FFS, give it time, I'm sure things are going nicely in the background.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 4:58pm; Reply: 8

Three to five weeks is a very rough guide, not an absolute. It depends on many variables, not least what the Buyers are finding and if both sides are pushing at the same speed.

Remember, we have come straight out of Christmas into January, one of the busiest months for people involved in finance. Add in the pandemic and it will slow completion. As much as I dislike JSF, I presume he is just as keen to get this over the line.

The ‘3 Amigos’ aren’t going to come on here and say, “Hi DB. DD going well but we’ve just found a suspense account called ‘JSF’s bunga bunga slush fund’ and it’s holding up the deal!’ (this is a joke if you are reading this John, I am not suggesting any financial impropriety in this deal)”.

I agree with what you say but it would be nice to have something to cling onto. The team aren't rubbish, because rubbish can be recycled this lot can't. So as we all know their is a major problem, survival  

No quality recruitment to help so basically we are minnows in a sea of sharks. Club management is a total disgrace I post yesterday then Ohman is still listed as a player. So the 'Team' don't care and neither does the management otherwise they'd have removed him. I won't mention Cheapside.

Where does actually leave us. In sh.t with a sinking boat and no paddle. There is only one group of people who care, and passionately care, about the club and that is the fishy clan on this site. We will never agree all the time but we do CARE about Town.

That was the purpose of the thread. So tiny suggestion from the 3 Amigos would nice, something to cling onto. As for waiting for the deal to go through, some suggest at the beginning of January we had loads of time to sign new players!

3 Amigos I believe is a term for friends, which I hope they are. I don't mind the critics, or X, but at the end of the day the club is screwed; like it or lump it.

Posted by: RonMariner, January 25, 2021, 4:59pm; Reply: 9
FFS
Posted by: moosey_club, January 25, 2021, 4:59pm; Reply: 10
I can see it now......the takeover is complete....the consortium do a press release....organise a fans forum to introduce themselves.....fully immersive 3d presentations, virtual tour of the proposed new stadium , revealing the outline planning which is already being submitted to NELC.....open the floor to questions....

"Will I be able to take my flask in"  
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 25, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from DB

So what say you?

UTM

Learn to spell.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from gytone
FFS, give it time, I'm sure things are going nicely in the background.

Care to put months, days etc. How long in time. Transfers windows up for those that wanted time. Games are going thick and fast but 1 point in 12 and you want time.
Time is a luxury and that is something we haven't got.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Because he's a bit of a div and likes to think he's controversial but makes a t!t of himself...

So where's your passion about the club, personal comments belittle you, it's not me you should think about but use your brain for the benefit of the club.

Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:06pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from friskneymariner

Learn to spell.

I'm pushing 70 and have never learnt; but I take solace that you understand what I mean.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club
I can see it now......the takeover is complete....the consortium do a press release....organise a fans forum to introduce themselves.....fully immersive 3d presentations, virtual tour of the proposed new stadium , revealing the outline planning which is already being submitted to NELC.....open the floor to questions....

"Will I be able to take my flask in"  

That's what I call vision, something to look forward to, shame it didn't come from the CONSORTIUM

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 25, 2021, 5:10pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from DB

So where's your passion about the club, personal comments belittle you, it's not me you should think about but use your brain for the benefit of the club.

Bloomin ‘eck DB. You’re like a human piñata. Strung up in the window of the ‘3 Amigos’ Mexican Restaurant getting more beatings than Town
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from RonMariner
FFS

And your alternative is what Ron?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 25, 2021, 5:11pm; Reply: 18
The last thing we want on the docks is a stadium in tension.  ;)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 25, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from DB

I do use my brain, I know these deals take a certain amount of time to ratify and understand that both parties will make any due statements when ink is dry on the contracts, I don't go starting threads just to rub people up the wrong way.
Passion for the club?...my god I've spent a fortune, travelled thousands of miles following this club through thick n thin, sponsored a player amongst other things.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 25, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from DB

So what say you?

UTM

I say, in the words of a GTFC director, shut up!
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, January 25, 2021, 5:14pm; Reply: 21
DB - does it stand for David Brent? Like you he was a total knob. Only difference, at times that character was amusing, unlike you - a sad troll posting increasingly desperate attempts at controversy.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 22

Bloomin ‘eck DB. You’re like a human piñata. Strung up in the window of the ‘3 Amigos’ Mexican Restaurant getting more beatings than Town

Two saying's

Nil carborundum desporandum

And like you

You can't put a good man down

Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:22pm; Reply: 23

I do use my brain, I know these deals take a certain amount of time to ratify and understand that both parties will make any due statements when ink is dry on the contracts, I don't go starting threads just to rub people up the wrong way.
Passion for the club?...my god I've spent a fortune, travelled thousands of miles following this club through thick n thin, sponsored a player amongst other things.

I had no intension or even wanted to rub anybody up the wrong way. I just looked at the position of the entire club. Everybody made a mistake with Holloway. I would not want a similar mistake again, albeit we will be rid of Fenty.

The consortium has been around for a long time, not just since Christmas, so must have some form of a plan for the club. It's not as if Fenty not is going to sell and take advantage consortium plans. The consortium want to bond with the fans, great, so give something to look forward to.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I say, in the words of a GTFC director, shut up!

Codger I always respect your views but please don't bring them into this thread. Their not worth it.

Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:27pm; Reply: 25
DB - does it stand for David Brent? Like you he was a total knob. Only difference, at times that character was amusing, unlike you - a sad troll posting increasingly desperate attempts at controversy.

There's a real world with facts in it which you have to accept, like them or not, which is what I posted.

Then is a world of fantasy which you refer to!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 25, 2021, 5:30pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from DB

I had no intension or even wanted to rub anybody up the wrong way. I just looked at the position of the entire club. Everybody made a mistake with Holloway. I would not want a similar mistake again, albeit we will be rid of Fenty.

The consortium has been around for a long time, not just since Christmas, so must have some form of a plan for the club. It's not as if Fenty not is going to sell and take advantage consortium plans. The consortium want to bond with the fans, great, so give something to look forward to.

My word DB, do some research on Stockwood alone, he's a very skillful, intelligent business man, born n bred Grimbarian. Petit, successful business man and again local.
These boys cannot ever be compared to Fenty, they will have a plan,  a way forward, fan engagement and looking like they've employed an intermediary to do things the correct way in Mark Palmer.
Fenty is the corner shop owner selling dodgy magazines from behind the counter compared to these 3!..
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 27

My word DB, do some research on Stockwood alone, he's a very skillful, intelligent business man, born n bred Grimbarian. Petit, successful business man and again local.
These boys cannot ever be compared to Fenty, they will have a plan,  a way forward, fan engagement and looking like they've employed an intermediary to do things the correct way in Mark Palmer.
Fenty is the corner shop owner selling dodgy magazines from behind the counter compared to these 3!..

I totally agree with you, never said anything different. Good news about the new signing, lets hope scores at Barrow. We ALL want the same, but I would like to know something of their intensions. That's all this thread is about.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 25, 2021, 5:39pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from joe56

Probably thought up by the same numbnuts who came up with 'The Kasbah' and the 'West End', the name they have come up with for the area around the Bullring where the new cinema is planned
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 25, 2021, 5:48pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from DB

So what say you?

UTM

DB - umm..... Fenty I’ve hacked you as know you go by the nickname ‘dodgy bloke’
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 25, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

DB - umm..... Fenty I’ve hacked you as know you go by the nickname ‘dodgy bloke’

Or Dumb Blond
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, January 25, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from DB

Then is a world of fantasy which you refer to!

What does this mean? Like everything you write, it’s bollox

Posted by: arryarryarry, January 25, 2021, 6:09pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from DB

So what say you?

UTM

I appreciate you may struggle with spelling, but if you are going to put it in capital letters, check it first.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 6:13pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

I appreciate you may struggle with spelling, but if you are going to put it in capital letters, check it first.

Will try arry
Posted by: Incognito, January 25, 2021, 6:15pm; Reply: 34
In many ways it's like selling a house though. We're at the stage of where the offer has been accepted and the solicitors are sorting everything out. That can take weeks, coupled up with many business' year ends and Covid/furlough too, so whilst it might normally take 4-6 weeks, that easily could be 6-8 weeks.

Before you actually get the keys to the house, you'll have ideas on what you'll want to do with it, and the consortium will have their ideas, but you won't go to next door and say, I'm definitely buying next door to you and I'm going to do X/Y/Z straight away. You wait till you actually get the keys, move in and get used to the surroundings first before making improvements.

What if the consortium came out and said we're going to get a brand new training facility, new ground by 2022 and be playing in the Championship within 5 years, only for the takeover to fall through for an unknown reason? Some fans would kick off saying about false promises etc. For me, the new consortium are doing the right thing and staying quiet. I'm sure when the takeover is done, there will be questions asked on what their plans are going forward.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 35

What does this mean? Like everything you write, it’s bollox

In growing old you have wisdom and vision. You have been around more times than you can remember. You've witness more than many and as for your trivial comments, put your dummy back in!
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 25, 2021, 6:21pm; Reply: 36
Anybody else noticed DB arrived on here when Ipswin left. ?
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 6:23pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Incognito
In many ways it's like selling a house though. We're at the stage of where the offer has been accepted and the solicitors are sorting everything out. That can take weeks, coupled up with many business' year ends and Covid/furlough too, so whilst it might normally take 4-6 weeks, that easily could be 6-8 weeks.

Before you actually get the keys to the house, you'll have ideas on what you'll want to do with it, and the consortium will have their ideas, but you won't go to next door and say, I'm definitely buying next door to you and I'm going to do X/Y/Z straight away. You wait till you actually get the keys, move in and get used to the surroundings first before making improvements.

What if the consortium came out and said we're going to get a brand new training facility, new ground by 2022 and be playing in the Championship within 5 years, only for the takeover to fall through for an unknown reason? Some fans would kick off saying about false promises etc. For me, the new consortium are doing the right thing and staying quiet. I'm sure when the takeover is done, there will be questions asked on what their plans are going forward.

Firstly thank you for a sensible reply. I can see and understand what you say, however in buying a new house you may want to make alterations and have a builder go round to give an estimate; if you get my drift.

With regard to the consortium I would not expect them to make any type of fixed statement with regard to any expenditure etc.. That said if they were to advise which areas. and there are plenty, where they intend to look at firstly ( in no particular order); then we would all be able to see the direction the club is going in.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 6:25pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from grimsby pete
Anybody else noticed DB arrived on here when Ipswin left. ?

And to think I just wished you a speedy recovery on another thread. Get well soon.
Posted by: Incognito, January 25, 2021, 6:29pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from DB

Firstly thank you for a sensible reply. I can see and understand what you say, however in buying a new house you may want to make alterations and have a builder go round to give an estimate; if you get my drift.

With regard to the consortium I would not expect them to make any type of fixed statement with regard to any expenditure etc.. That said if they were to advise which areas. and there are plenty, where they intend to look at firstly ( in no particular order); then we would all be able to see the direction the club is going in.

But who's not to say that the new consortium haven't done that already and had some estimates, on the proviso that the takeover is complete? It'll all be kept quiet, as it should be, till the ink is dry on the contract.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, January 25, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from DB

In growing old you have wisdom and vision.

So what went wrong troll? In every statement you demonstrate you have neither.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Incognito

But who's not to say that the new consortium haven't done that already and had some estimates, on the proviso that the takeover is complete? It'll all be kept quiet, as it should be, till the ink is dry on the contract.

I agree however Fenty has been record for years that he wants out so I can't see he's bothered. Any developments at BP may need planning permission and most  new developments get outline planning before the deals go through.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 25, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 42
They can't make a statement, they don't own the club, end of.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 25, 2021, 7:01pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from DB

I agree however Fenty has been record for years that he wants out so I can't see he's bothered. Any developments at BP may need planning permission and most  new developments get outline planning before the deals go through.

Are you for real?
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 44

So what went wrong troll? In every statement you demonstrate you have neither.

Wisdom tells me that before making statements educated men would engage brain to make sure that a statement has not been ask earlier, and fully answered. I would of course tell where sonny, but then you wouldn't bother to read it as you next rhetoric will be flowing from your key board.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 7:09pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
They can't make a statement, they don't own the club, end of.

I believe that the wording is "Intensions"
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, January 25, 2021, 7:11pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from DB

Wisdom tells me that before making statements educated men would engage brain to make sure that a statement has not been ask earlier, and fully answered. I would of course tell where sonny, but then you wouldn't bother to read it as you next rhetoric will be flowing from your key board.

Wise words, I simply can’t compete with your word power. All hail your ‘key board’
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 7:12pm; Reply: 47

Are you for real?

Yep , you read it all the time about planning permissions. Large land deals don't go through for housing unless their is outline planning first etc. No builder is going to buy land to build houses on unless their is this outline planning permission first.

Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 7:14pm; Reply: 48

Wise words, I simply can’t compete with your word power. All hail your ‘key board’

Thank you, I wish you well and that on future threads we may be able to agree.

UTM
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 25, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from DB

Yep , you read it all the time about planning permissions. Large land deals don't go through for housing unless their is outline planning first etc. No builder is going to buy land to build houses on unless their is this outline planning permission first.

I am in awe
Tell me more
I’m on the edge of my seat
Can we meet?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 25, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 50
Seems DB & Filipe Noche have much in common and probably use the same computer?
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 25, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

It’s a similar style to paul1717 too
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 25, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

If they don’t share the same computer they definitely share the same bodily fluids
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, January 25, 2021, 8:08pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from DB

I believe that the wording is "Intensions"

Its intentions you flipping idiot. As in their intent. You had it all in upper case in your initial post.

Jesus wept.

Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 54

Its intentions you flipping idiot. As in their intent. You had it all in upper case in your initial post.

Jesus wept.

Sorry said I can't spell
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, January 25, 2021, 10:12pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from DB

Sorry said I can't spell

Sorry was right.
Did he mention your grammar was abysmal too? Or your inability to use an apostrophe correctly?
First rule of a troll is to be initially plausible and able to put a point across, however skewed.
A basic command of the language is a must...not only are you a troll, but you’re a pisspoor one and that’s a bit shameful, DB/Filipe, or whatever it is you’re calling yourself today.

Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 56

Sorry was right.
Did he mention your grammar was abysmal too? Or your inability to use an apostrophe correctly?
First rule of a troll is to be initially plausible and able to put a point across, however skewed.
A basic command of the language is a must...not only are you a troll, but you’re a pisspoor one and that’s a bit shameful, DB/Filipe, or whatever it is you’re calling yourself today.

I thought you signed off this thread respectably some time ago. Unfortunately your alter ego has arrived. Reads like you spit your dummy out and put your milk bottle in filled with vodka.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, January 25, 2021, 10:50pm; Reply: 57
Again you’ve done me, your ability to paint pictures with words shames the rest of us. Ever since your first Fishy post blaming minority shareholders for the plight of GTFC I think we’ve all been a bit in awe of you.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2021, 10:57pm; Reply: 58
Again you’ve done me, your ability to paint pictures with words shames the rest of us. Ever since your first Fishy post blaming minority shareholders for the plight of GTFC I think we’ve all been a bit in awe of you.

Thank you
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 10:57pm