moss_side_mariner
January 25, 2021, 5:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

DB - umm..... Fenty I’ve hacked you as know you go by the nickname ‘dodgy bloke’

Or Dumb Blond

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
January 25, 2021, 5:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from DB

Then is a world of fantasy which you refer to!

What does this mean? Like everything you write, it’s bollox

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
arryarryarry
January 25, 2021, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB
The good news there paying Fenty off. But what then we have heard of one concrete fact what they are going to do. We are lured with a new start, the INTENSION of a new stadium on the docks. Decent management running the club but at this moment in time they are also the 3 proverbial monkeys. They have made no communication through the GT, Supporters club or anywhere else hinting what they intend to do.

I would just like to know what their plan is, an inkling, titbit, something please. On one site it said due diligence takes 3/5 weeks so sometime in February the 3 Amigos will take over to do what? Nobody new in for Barrow and I hope for a win.

Before you start to moan at me perhaps you might like to take a look on the "Classic Threads " above under Holloway announced!!. Not one person complain but some PRAISED FENTY for getting Holloway. 12 month later life tells a totally opposite story.

This thread is in no way sticking up for Fenty, but some guidance call it want you, from the 3 Amigos would be nice. As another old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for' because our wish at this moment is no better than a breath of air!

So what say you?

UTM

I appreciate you may struggle with spelling, but if you are going to put it in capital letters, check it first.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
DB
January 25, 2021, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from arryarryarry

I appreciate you may struggle with spelling, but if you are going to put it in capital letters, check it first.

Will try arry

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
Incognito
January 25, 2021, 6:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +249
In many ways it's like selling a house though. We're at the stage of where the offer has been accepted and the solicitors are sorting everything out. That can take weeks, coupled up with many business' year ends and Covid/furlough too, so whilst it might normally take 4-6 weeks, that easily could be 6-8 weeks.

Before you actually get the keys to the house, you'll have ideas on what you'll want to do with it, and the consortium will have their ideas, but you won't go to next door and say, I'm definitely buying next door to you and I'm going to do X/Y/Z straight away. You wait till you actually get the keys, move in and get used to the surroundings first before making improvements.

What if the consortium came out and said we're going to get a brand new training facility, new ground by 2022 and be playing in the Championship within 5 years, only for the takeover to fall through for an unknown reason? Some fans would kick off saying about false promises etc. For me, the new consortium are doing the right thing and staying quiet. I'm sure when the takeover is done, there will be questions asked on what their plans are going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
DB
January 25, 2021, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker

What does this mean? Like everything you write, it’s bollox

In growing old you have wisdom and vision. You have been around more times than you can remember. You've witness more than many and as for your trivial comments, put your dummy back in!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
grimsby pete
January 25, 2021, 6:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Anybody else noticed DB arrived on here when Ipswin left. ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
DB
January 25, 2021, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Incognito
In many ways it's like selling a house though. We're at the stage of where the offer has been accepted and the solicitors are sorting everything out. That can take weeks, coupled up with many business' year ends and Covid/furlough too, so whilst it might normally take 4-6 weeks, that easily could be 6-8 weeks.

Before you actually get the keys to the house, you'll have ideas on what you'll want to do with it, and the consortium will have their ideas, but you won't go to next door and say, I'm definitely buying next door to you and I'm going to do X/Y/Z straight away. You wait till you actually get the keys, move in and get used to the surroundings first before making improvements.

What if the consortium came out and said we're going to get a brand new training facility, new ground by 2022 and be playing in the Championship within 5 years, only for the takeover to fall through for an unknown reason? Some fans would kick off saying about false promises etc. For me, the new consortium are doing the right thing and staying quiet. I'm sure when the takeover is done, there will be questions asked on what their plans are going forward.

Firstly thank you for a sensible reply. I can see and understand what you say, however in buying a new house you may want to make alterations and have a builder go round to give an estimate; if you get my drift.

With regard to the consortium I would not expect them to make any type of fixed statement with regard to any expenditure etc.. That said if they were to advise which areas. and there are plenty, where they intend to look at firstly ( in no particular order); then we would all be able to see the direction the club is going in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
DB
January 25, 2021, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Anybody else noticed DB arrived on here when Ipswin left. ?

And to think I just wished you a speedy recovery on another thread. Get well soon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
Incognito
January 25, 2021, 6:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +249
Quoted from DB

Firstly thank you for a sensible reply. I can see and understand what you say, however in buying a new house you may want to make alterations and have a builder go round to give an estimate; if you get my drift.

With regard to the consortium I would not expect them to make any type of fixed statement with regard to any expenditure etc.. That said if they were to advise which areas. and there are plenty, where they intend to look at firstly ( in no particular order); then we would all be able to see the direction the club is going in.

But who's not to say that the new consortium haven't done that already and had some estimates, on the proviso that the takeover is complete? It'll all be kept quiet, as it should be, till the ink is dry on the contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 Amigos

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.