December 22, 2020, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Agree completely. Same with Jackson.

Matter of opinion but we should be only keeping one. Truth is we haven’t got a decent or fit striker on the books.
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 225
RonMariner
December 22, 2020, 10:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,731
Gold Stars: 226
Fenty wont leave and he won't invest the money needed to bring in quality. So on current form we are heading out of the league.

The good news is that we already have a non league squad, so we wont have to make many signings in the summer to prepare for our new status. That will save us a few quid.

Sorry to be so negative but I have had a gut full of this shower of shite. Year after year after year of amateurish mis-management, dreadful PR gaffs, cretinous decision making, and endless false economies.  Year after year of signing dross players no one else wants, crazy disjointed team team selections, a squad of unfit, error prone players, and barmy managers.  And now, to add to the list, the board talking to a convicted con man. Can we get any lower? Any more of an embarrassing laughing stock?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 225
essexexile
December 22, 2020, 10:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Bigdog

Hagrid, Morais knocked four great balls across first half and Jackson didn't get across his man once.. Other strikers not on our books would have had the instinct and movement to get to at least two of them..

Gibson and Green should be starting to do just that early on when Marais has got the legs, Jackson feeds off doesn’t strike simples
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 225
heppy88
December 22, 2020, 10:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Can’t disagree with any of that Ron. I genuinely don’t believe Fenty has any intention to leave the club. The club are looking for investment but definitely not new owners. Who in their right mind would invest in a club like ours whilst keeping Fenty, would you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 225
Rodley Mariner
December 22, 2020, 10:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Matter of opinion but we should be only keeping one. Truth is we haven’t got a decent or fit striker on the books.

Gibson has 2.5 years on his contract though. So pay lots of money to get rid or pay his wage monthly to have him as back up and see if we can improve him? Imagine you get rid of Hanson and Green in the summer or sooner and we sign a Podge and a Bogle to play up front. Gibson and Jackson as third and fourth choice in League 2 would be fine. They're not the problem. The problem is they're having to be the first choice because those who should be in front of them are knackered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 225
HertsGTFC
December 22, 2020, 10:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Big task, but getting eight or nine out to get three, four or five in of better quality has to be the answer.. Up to IH to prove himself in the transfer market..

As for Hewitt. If he can play like he has the past two games, then if money is tight, it would be better spent on forwards..

Like the look of Fonkeu and Morais has proved to be an astute signing, so there's a little bit of hope in me that IH can rectify his mistakes..

👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 225
denni266
December 22, 2020, 10:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
If fenty dont go he wont have a club for long , i cant see many going if he is there . starting with me , and that includes this season while he is still there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 225
lew chaterleys lover
December 22, 2020, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Its January next week so I reckon we will know a lot more in the first few days. If we are serious about staying up we will have replacements lined up and ready to go.

I think Ollie has made mistakes, although a lot has been forced on him but he wont make the same mistakes twice.

He must be very frustrated at the lack of fitness of his senior strikers who will have to be replaced.

To be fair I thought we actually played a lot better tonight which is a glimmer of hope, but there is absolutely zero upfront.

I think any league quality striker would have been on the end of those Morais crosses, or a top striker from non-league but the ones we signed are not ready for league football yet.
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 225
Bigdog
December 22, 2020, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Its January next week so I reckon we will know a lot more in the first few days. If we are serious about staying up we will have replacements lined up and ready to go.

I think Ollie has made mistakes, although a lot has been forced on him but he wont make the same mistakes twice.

He must be very frustrated at the lack of fitness of his senior strikers who will have to be replaced.

To be fair I thought we actually played a lot better tonight which is a glimmer of hope, but there is absolutely zero upfront.

I think any league quality striker would have been on the end of those Morais crosses, or a top striker from non-league but the ones we signed are not ready for league football yet.

Agree.

If you look at the game tonight..

Our centre halves bossed their forwards..

Our right back was fine our left back was shaky..

Our midfield two outplayed their midfield three..

We generally outplayed them down either side, mainly our right..

We had nothing up front, absolutely no pace, no strength, no movement, no nous..

If we had one striker on the pitch of any quality we'd have won from 2-0 down because Bradford are shockingly shite. They could afford to double up on Morais and Edwards second half because they knew our forwards carried zero danger down the middle...

Still.. didn't deserve to lose, but we're so easily mugged of positive results through lack of firepower..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 225
Zmariner
December 22, 2020, 11:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44
Not too down beat after that. I don’t think it will take a lot to turn this around and I am optimistic. None of the forwards are good enough to lead the line but one quality addition will fix that. Defence ok, midfield reasonable. Tilly and Starbuck disappointed me but most were ok. We need to shoot more and we need to win more offensive headers. A couple of signings and this will liven up. Happy Xmas to all utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 225
23 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.