forza ivano
December 22, 2020, 11:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from monkeyboy
A game we didn’t deserve to lose. Two brilliant goals did for us.

Jackson never had any service but looks like our best finisher when he gets chances . I’m not convinced with Gibson at all tbh.
Clifton has great engine but very poor passing ability.

Green should be gone in January along with Hanson, don’t think we are in that bad shape really. Need to get a couple of experience players and get the rest back for like scannell.

We may start getting run of the green eventually.

Don’t forget guys it’s not halfway through the season yet and time to make a few signings so talk of relegation is daft at this point.

i'm glad you, Zmariner and bigdog were watching the same game as me

McKeown, Hewitt, Waterfall, Pollock, Hendrie - all fine as defensive unit

Morais and Spokes were excellent tonight - Spokes played like he was a regular rather than his third ever pro game
Add in Rose and Clifton who should be fine for this level

Edwards has always got that unknown factor.

Scannell has been good when he's played. Bennett is interesting - I've criticised him as a showpony, but those 15-20 minutes in a more central role showed him in a completely different light. God knows why Holloway took him, and no wonder he was brassed off. He's definitely worth a start in that same position

Up front is the problem - their defenders were just too strong and experienced for us. i actually think Gibson has improved in the last couple of games, but no way can he be first choice. Jackson was dominated tonight but i like the look of him

so there is the basis there.They have got fight and committment and i though they looked very fit tonight - were still getting first to the ball and winning tackles in the last few minutes
undone by 2 great goals and our lack of ability up front

couple of experienced  forwards and a left back (plus maybe another benson?) and i think we will be ok

i would reiterate, imho, it was a pretty good performance (compare and contrast to the southend second half) and we definitely deserved a point

finally don't forget that IH recruited Clark, Glennon, Benson & Grandin, with no lead in, last January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 225
arryarryarry
December 23, 2020, 12:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano

i'm glad you, Zmariner and bigdog were watching the same game as me

McKeown, Hewitt, Waterfall, Pollock, Hendrie - all fine as defensive unit

Morais and Spokes were excellent tonight - Spokes played like he was a regular rather than his third ever pro game
Add in Rose and Clifton who should be fine for this level

Edwards has always got that unknown factor.

Scannell has been good when he's played. Bennett is interesting - I've criticised him as a showpony, but those 15-20 minutes in a more central role showed him in a completely different light. God knows why Holloway took him, and no wonder he was brassed off. He's definitely worth a start in that same position

Up front is the problem - their defenders were just too strong and experienced for us. i actually think Gibson has improved in the last couple of games, but no way can he be first choice. Jackson was dominated tonight but i like the look of him

so there is the basis there.They have got fight and committment and i though they looked very fit tonight - were still getting first to the ball and winning tackles in the last few minutes
undone by 2 great goals and our lack of ability up front

couple of experienced  forwards and a left back (plus maybe another benson?) and i think we will be ok

i would reiterate, imho, it was a pretty good performance (compare and contrast to the southend second half) and we definitely deserved a point

finally don't forget that IH recruited Clark, Glennon, Benson & Grandin, with no lead in, last January

Funny that, I think the exact opposite. I have just posted on another thread that the Bradford defenders had an easy ride tonight. I also think Gibson is going backwards, no where near like he played at Orient for example.
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 225
forza ivano
December 23, 2020, 12:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from arryarryarry

Funny that, I think the exact opposite. I have just posted on another thread that the Bradford defenders had an easy ride tonight. I also think Gibson is going backwards, no where near like he played at Orient for example.

didn't see that one so can't comment. i thought initially he was completely out of his depth, but that in the last couple of games it looked like he's learnt a few things, and he actually won half a dozen headers first half against much bigger and more experienced centre halves.
having said that can't disagree with the poster who said that any number of our non league strikers would walk into this present team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 225
aldi_01
December 23, 2020, 8:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Is the constant chopping and changing impacting on player development too. They can’t get in to any sort of stride, you can play out of your skin but not get a game for two weeks and so on.

For what it’s worth I think Gibson is toilet but then it’s hard to criticise when literally every striker is the same...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 225
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Did anyone think Macca was a bit far off his line for their second goal

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 225
Hagrid
December 23, 2020, 8:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Not for me Swin, what was poor was the lack of tracking to allow the man through on goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 225
23 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.