Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Fenty leave the club?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

Should Fenty leave the club?
Yes
No
Not sure
  View Results 257 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should Fenty leave the club?

This thread currently has 13,255 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
December 14, 2020, 8:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Given his resignation statement from the Council it looks highly unlikely that he has any intention of leaving the football club actually stating he intends to spend more time at the club. I am convinced he really believes the club cannot function without him, unbelievable really.

Maybe wont have a chance, there's a rule that quotes fit and proper person to run a club etc etc, that will be the next stage in the proceedings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 77
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 14, 2020, 8:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from Zmariner
For all those wishing for change who is going to step up and takeover , cash, free time and skillset. I will not I am far too busy and probably not capable. I guess that there will be a queue of takers for a pretty skint league 2 football club. Another interesting poll , who of the posters in this chain has a season ticket utm

JSF’s skill set shouldn’t be difficult to replace. He’s a joke in the football world. A joke on here. And now, a joke in the town.

He has no skills. I see it over and over again. Owner builds up a company, makes a few good decisions, a bit of good fortune. Sells up. Pockets the dosh. They then get bored and think they are some sort of business guru and they then fail to repeat the success because first time around they just got lucky
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 77
davmariner
December 14, 2020, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Wrexham get Ryan Reynolds and we get Fenty...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 77
Zmariner
December 14, 2020, 8:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from mariner91

So you think there would be absolutely nobody out there willing to do it if Fenty was gone? Because I'm fairly sure that some successful local businessmen were interested enough in the idea that they'd put a plan together for a potential new stadium on the docks. There was also MIke Parker who wanted to be involved with the club but Fenty shafting him led to him walking.

There will be interest out there. Look at Lincoln. A club going nowhere with attendances barely above 2000 for most games but somebody took over, ran them properly and look at them now.

Lincoln is a developing city and a more attractive proposition than we are, I hope that you are right as  underwriting a football club even if not heavily investing needs some serious cash , interest and energy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 77
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Zmariner
For all those wishing for change who is going to step up and takeover , cash, free time and skillset. I will not I am far too busy and probably not capable. I guess that there will be a queue of takers for a pretty skint league 2 football club. Another interesting poll , who of the posters in this chain has a season ticket utm

That is a wind up surely?

Just taking Fenty out of the equation would be a massive step forward for the club, followed by interested parties ready to take us over at just the right time.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 77
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 8:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548

JSF’s skill set shouldn’t be difficult to replace. He’s a joke in the football world. A joke on here. And now, a joke in the town.

He has no skills. I see it over and over again. Owner builds up a company, makes a few good decisions, a bit of good fortune. Sells up. Pockets the dosh. They then get bored and think they are some sort of business guru and they then fail to repeat the success because first time around they just got lucky

This is so true. I read an article on this very subject a few years back and posted a link on here. Very few self made men can repeat the feat, although they think they are some kind of business genius.

Several years later, JF is still here and the club is still wallowing at the bottom end of the bottom division.

Most fans are happy just to keep telling themselves that there is no other way and there are no other fans capable of having an original or intelligent notion.

There are plenty of successful businessmen among our fan base, not to mention accountants and lawyers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 77
Eastendmariner
December 14, 2020, 8:44pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
let us down to be honest Most people probably could cope with mistakes due to inexperience  But entertaining a fraudster who's stole from the venerable and elderly  Unacceptable  should know better shocking no way back

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 77
friskneymariner
December 14, 2020, 8:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
This is another plea that will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears,but can those who still support Fenty enlighten us as to why they still give him their support. Not looking for conflict merely puzzled as to why people blindly support him.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 77
Zmariner
December 14, 2020, 9:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44

That is a wind up surely?

Just taking Fenty out of the equation would be a massive step forward for the club, followed by interested parties ready to take us over at just the right time.

Not a wind up and this is not a great time to be on the market. One thing to be interested another to throw money into a business with little return. As a small business owner , not a project that would interest me. I am playing devils advocate here but I am not very confident about willing investors unless you know a lot more than I do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 77
aldi_01
December 14, 2020, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Still awaiting a coherent and evidence based response from the pro Fenty brigade...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Fenty leave the club?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.