Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Fenty leave the club?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 113 Guests

Should Fenty leave the club?
Yes
No
Not sure
  View Results 257 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should Fenty leave the club?

This thread currently has 13,189 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Quagmire
December 19, 2020, 11:37am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 43
Just keeping this front and centre.

Have to keep the pressure on, otherwise he’ll just ride this storm out like he has all of the others.

Fenty out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 77
golfer
December 19, 2020, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from mariner91
Let's see what the lie of the land is regards the fans' feelings towards Mr Fenty and his tenure.

First time I've said this but my opinion has definitely changed this week - go as soon as possible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 77
jamesgtfc
December 19, 2020, 12:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from golfer

First time I've said this but my opinion has definitely changed this week - go as soon as possible

I was on the fence before recent events. As the story has developed over the last week, I wonder if some of those people who answered no would answer differently today?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 77
aldi_01
December 19, 2020, 1:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean it’s a simple question and the answer is unanimous...I take the No votes as people pressing the wrong button...

Does his brother still post on here or is it just mates now that come out and defend him before being shot down with facts and they crawl off?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 77
lew chaterleys lover
December 19, 2020, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,650
Gold Stars: 233
Can I have more than one vote?

Of course he should go, ASAP.

If he tried to stay on no matter what, going to BP would be a cauldron of vitriol and make it a very unpleasant experience for us all. There must be a way of getting the takeover over the line, but if he absolutely insists on terms that no consortium would agree to, then as the Trust statement said fans will have to find other ways.

It really would be better to accept the inevitable; nothing lasts forever. Any reasonable person would accept compromise terms, and be paid back within an acceptable timeframe or some other suitable arrangement but am sure the consortium will insist that the break is clean, and he has nothing further to do with the Mariners apart from being a fan.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 77
davmariner
December 19, 2020, 1:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,902
Gold Stars: 78
He should leave our town too. The man is a complete disgrace as are his merry men.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 77
TownSNAFU5
December 19, 2020, 1:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,824
Gold Stars: 42
John Fenty was yet another successful businessman who thought that he could also run a football club.  He can’t.  His judgement is repeatedly seriously flawed.  He also wants to be liked.

There are many examples of the above.  2 of the worst examples are a) snapping a child's’ flag, an act of bullying, and then trying to justify it, and b) threatening to sell Liam Hearn if he did not get his own way and getting the shares from the Trust.

The ego has landed.  

He has sallowed the memory and achievements of previous chairman of integrity, character, unselfishness and decency such as Bill Carr and others.  

He is well past his sell-by date now and his position is completely untenable now.

Please go now.   For the grace of God, for the fans, for the good of the Club and last but not least .................to enable new owners and investment to take the Club forward with energy to where it belongs.

The fans are desperate for success and a fresh start.  They will be right behind new (right) owners,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 77
aldi_01
December 19, 2020, 1:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The threatening to sell a player if he doesn’t get his own way is quite frankly hilarious.

If people want to claim he is a nice bloke that just counter acts that in so many ways.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 77
denni266
December 19, 2020, 2:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 131
He is not only finished in football but who in there right mind would want to do business with him   only a crook thats who. Sounds like he has an illness over money,,talk about biting the hand that feeds you. trying through the back door to make money off the tax payer who paid  his., or did do wages ..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 77
barralad
December 19, 2020, 2:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth hearing negative stuff like this. Grimsby has a lot to offer. What about the green revolution offshore, and onshore come to that?

The fishing industry could make a recovery after Brexit trade talks have been finalised. Lincoln is smaller than Grimsby, Lincoln is a beautiful city but how ridiculous to claim it is like comparing apples and oranges. It is not Grimsby v Monaco. That is comparing apples and oranges.

I've left it a couple of days to reply to this. Where have I said Grimsby doesnt have a lot to offer? My point was purely about the amount of investment the University has brought to Lincoln together with an influx of people with money to spend. Hopefully when we get the centrepiece up in the regeneration (and I pray this will be in the format of a new ground for GTFC) other inward investment will follow. It isn't there yet.
I thought you were better than to claim I'm ridiculous whilst seemingly hoping that there is some sort of earth shattering recovery in the fishing industry post Brexit that will be able to provide the level of investment currently enjoyed by Lincoln and yes if you are wondering my feathers are ruffled 😀. Merry xmas

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Fenty leave the club?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.