Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 40 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,239 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
December 13, 2020, 9:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,485
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from aldi_01

See honest John’s statement...it really, erm clears up...nothing...

Indeed, evidently released as I was posting (I don't write really slow like, daughter woke up half way through!).

The subtext of the statement says more than the statement itself. The fact that he fails to refute any potential involvement of Alex May in the club or address the crime of which he has been convicted is tacit confirmation that something is indeed going on.

It is the statement of a rattled man. A man who doesn't know what to say. Mark my words, a seminal week ahead.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 330 - 367
wuffing
December 13, 2020, 9:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
May I sum up: 😂😭🤔👀🙄😩🤯😱😫😵🤭😳🤑🤪🤢🤮🥴😵🤕💔

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 367
aldi_01
December 13, 2020, 10:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

Indeed, evidently released as I was posting (I don't write really slow like, daughter woke up half way through!).

The subtext of the statement says more than the statement itself. The fact that he fails to refute any potential involvement of Alex May in the club or address the crime of which he has been convicted is tacit confirmation that something is indeed going on.

It is the statement of a rattled man. A man who doesn't know what to say. Mark my words, a seminal week ahead.

Agreed, the statement clears up nothing. It addresses nothing and is a poke in the eye for both GTFC fans and the voting public.

I agree it’s a seminal week but my fear is that by Wednesday, with a potential win at Southend under our belts this may drift away.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 367
mariner91
December 13, 2020, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from aldi_01

Agreed, the statement clears up nothing. It addresses nothing and is a poke in the eye for both GTFC fans and the voting public.

I agree it’s a seminal week but my fear is that by Wednesday, with a potential win at Southend under our belts this may drift away.

Then it's up to the fan base to make sure it doesn't. I think the majority are fed up with him and his bullsh1t. We need to actually do something collectively, even if that's just to collectively agree to not spend a penny more at the club whilst the board remains. Ultimately, you get the board you deserve and we've been too passive for far too long.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 367
Poojah
December 13, 2020, 10:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

My prediction: we don't win at Southend and this doesn't go away. Things will get worse before they get better. But they will get better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 334 - 367
TAGG
December 13, 2020, 10:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
When do ye think Fenty will be shutting down the Fishy again??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 367
aldi_01
December 13, 2020, 10:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

My prediction: we don't win at Southend and this doesn't go away. Things will get worse before they get better. But they will get better.

In a perverse way a defeat at Southend wouldn’t be the worst thing and could be a catalyst, as you say, it often has to get worse to get better.

A defeat may finally see the fans unite; the one thing that has always terrified Fenty, and this time he can’t do his usual and sack a manager to solve the problem...he is the problem.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 336 - 367
Poojah
December 13, 2020, 10:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

In a perverse way a defeat at Southend wouldn’t be the worst thing and could be a catalyst, as you say, it often has to get worse to get better.

A defeat may finally see the fans unite; the one thing that has always terrified Fenty, and this time he can’t do his usual and sack a manager to solve the problem...he is the problem.

Nail on head.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 367
EY Mariner
December 13, 2020, 10:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
What is most striking about Mr Fenty's statement tonight, or at least the quotes that the Telegraph have reported so far, is the clear emphasis on the potential political fallout of the revelations with no reference to the football club. Given that, I don't think supporters could be remotely blamed for drawing the kind of conclusions that Poojah outlines. I'm sure Mr Fenty's political opponents will not let that side of the matter rest but, for now at least, I think the onus is on the club, and indeed on Mr May himself, to explain themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 367
louth_in_the_south
December 13, 2020, 10:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
Hence his illuminating statement tonight ......

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.