Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,225 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
December 13, 2020, 11:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I think this is the thin edge of a short wedge, and will be the situation that will prise JF and GTFC apart very shortly, resulting in a new board with the same manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 340 - 367
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth
I think this is the thin edge of a short wedge, and will be the situation that will prise JF and GTFC apart very shortly, resulting in a new board with the same manager

That’s a nice thought to go to bed on. Night!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 341 - 367
Iknowyoursecret
December 14, 2020, 1:27am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Fenty OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 367
Quagmire
December 14, 2020, 9:04am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
As much as I want Fenty out I'm now not sure this will have the impact that most of us want.

We know the man has skin thicker than a rhino's backside.  

At the end of the day this is just going to tarnish his reputation a bit more, but ultimately he'll just try to sit it out and wait for the storm to subside - there's been dozens of times where people have thought that this is the time he has to go, but every time he has simply waited out the anger on social media and here, and then simply carried on where he left off.

He hasn't committed an illegal act.  He's stated simple facts in his 'statement' and he'll come out with some rubbish that he made a mistake not updating this record of interests or whatever it is.  He'll say everyone deserves a second chance, and that when this guys history came up he immediately resigned from a company that has yet to even trade.

I don't think it changes a great deal.  He certainly won't fall on his sword over this, his ego won't let him.

I'm hopeful though that two good things could from it.

Firstly that May & Dodd will have to walk away from any investment/takeover talks.

Secondly that any fans who were somehow on the fence over JF see the light and the vast majority of the fan base mobilise to bring about change.

I'm hoping that it might re-open the door for Shutes and co.  

Here's another name (not sure if he was mentioned with the initial Shutes bid?) - Jason Stockwood - CEO of Simply Business, twice recognised by The Sunday Times as the UK’s best company to work for, and he was named as ‘Best Leader’ in the UK in 2016 - and more importantly (to quote his Twitter profile), Forever - GTFC.

Can you imagine what someone like this guy could bring to the table?

Fenty will not fall on his sword over this.  The fans have to force the issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 343 - 367
Iknowyoursecret
December 14, 2020, 10:06am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
But it’s not the only  company he’s involved in is it
There’s a computer company (that provides computers and the score board at blundell park .
A kitchen company that has changed names on many occasions Expressions run by Paul Fenty no liquidated now it’s prestige auctions
Eco control can’t miss it down Cleethorpes road as His companies are all in a row together waiting I suppose for the council regelation project money to enhance the buildings.Isn’t he in charge of regeneration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 367
MuddyWaters
December 14, 2020, 10:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Quagmire
As much as I want Fenty out I'm now not sure this will have the impact that most of us want.

We know the man has skin thicker than a rhino's backside.  

At the end of the day this is just going to tarnish his reputation a bit more, but ultimately he'll just try to sit it out and wait for the storm to subside - there's been dozens of times where people have thought that this is the time he has to go, but every time he has simply waited out the anger on social media and here, and then simply carried on where he left off.

He hasn't committed an illegal act.  He's stated simple facts in his 'statement' and he'll come out with some rubbish that he made a mistake not updating this record of interests or whatever it is.  He'll say everyone deserves a second chance, and that when this guys history came up he immediately resigned from a company that has yet to even trade.

I don't think it changes a great deal.  He certainly won't fall on his sword over this, his ego won't let him.

I'm hopeful though that two good things could from it.

Firstly that May & Dodd will have to walk away from any investment/takeover talks.

Secondly that any fans who were somehow on the fence over JF see the light and the vast majority of the fan base mobilise to bring about change.

I'm hoping that it might re-open the door for Shutes and co.  

Here's another name (not sure if he was mentioned with the initial Shutes bid?) - Jason Stockwood - CEO of Simply Business, twice recognised by The Sunday Times as the UK’s best company to work for, and he was named as ‘Best Leader’ in the UK in 2016 - and more importantly (to quote his Twitter profile), Forever - GTFC.

Can you imagine what someone like this guy could bring to the table?

Fenty will not fall on his sword over this.  The fans have to force the issue.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/stunning-images-grimsbys-new-youth-4158845
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 367
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Perhaps Lloyd Griffith will cough up and buy him out

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 367
Quagmire
December 14, 2020, 10:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 367
pizzzza
December 14, 2020, 10:30am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Looks great! Regeneration, creating jobs, what's not to like?

If Shutes and Stockwood genuinely want to get involved with the club and Fenty will not step aside then it is an absolute f-ing travesty.
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 367
mariner91
December 14, 2020, 12:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from pizzzza

Looks great! Regeneration, creating jobs, what's not to like?

If Shutes and Stockwood genuinely want to get involved with the club and Fenty will not step aside then it is an absolute f-ing travesty.

Because he doesn’t care about the club, only himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 349 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.