Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,359 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
SDUTM
December 13, 2020, 7:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Other folk have had their collars felt for this. Why shouldn’t the person who let May in to the ground?

Exactly the director that brought him in should resign
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 367
December 13, 2020, 7:01pm
Guest User
Is Lloyd still trying to be a comedian? The lad has talent but I’m not sure if it’s gags......
Reply: 281 - 367
Hagrid

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pen penfras
Wow, I bet some keyboards are going to be sore in the morning!

This guy can't possibly be involved in running a football club, his conviction precludes that.

Nobody on here knows him, knows how repentant or reformed he is. He has paid his dues as convicted and everybody deserves a 2nd chance. Obviously Fenty has been involved with his associates for a number of years, and maybe he approached Fenty with good business opportunities and Fenty feels he is a reformed character and deserves an opportunity to make something legitimately.

Don't get me wrong, I in no way approve of his past, and what he did is despicable. But in terms of fairness, everybody should be given an opportunity to put right their mistakes.

Dear lord are you shagging Fenty!? You’re either a wind up or you are blind. Fenty is toxic. This man is convicted criminal who conned elderly vulnerable people out of life savings and homes. Second chance? Get stuffed. You need a wake up call pal. Defending the indefensible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 367
aldi_01

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from SDUTM

Exactly the director that brought him in should resign

Let’s face it, we wouldn’t miss them. Hardly bringing much to the table...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 367
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 7:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras
Wow, I bet some keyboards are going to be sore in the morning!

This guy can't possibly be involved in running a football club, his conviction precludes that.

Nobody on here knows him, knows how repentant or reformed he is. He has paid his dues as convicted and everybody deserves a 2nd chance. Obviously Fenty has been involved with his associates for a number of years, and maybe he approached Fenty with good business opportunities and Fenty feels he is a reformed character and deserves an opportunity to make something legitimately.

Don't get me wrong, I in no way approve of his past, and what he did is despicable. But in terms of fairness, everybody should be given an opportunity to put right their mistakes.

I’m all for reform and second chances. It’s the best thing in the long term for society. But you’ve got to manage the risk.

Putting a convicted paedophile in charge of a nursery is not a good idea. Giving a fraudster fiduciary interest in a company is not a good idea.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 367
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 7:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The point is, there are options if you are going to sell:

(A) go with a team with a known convicted fraudster; or
(B) go with a team where we don’t know has a fraudster on board.

Most logical people would not choose (A). There might be a fraudster that we don’t know about in team b, there might not be. The risk that there is a fraudster with (B) is less than 100%. The risk of there being a fraudster in team (A) is 100%.

If you’re not selling then what the hell are you doing inviting a fraudster into a public venue that the public are banned from? He’s got no business being there.

I’d love the red crosser to step forward to refute this logic. It might be a breakthrough moment in rational thought that we could all learn from. We might have a new Bertrand Russell amongst our ranks!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 367
Garth
December 13, 2020, 7:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26
John Fenty needs a name change to Harry Houdini if he comes out of this unscathed, assuming all that  Ive read on here is true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 367
grimsby pete
December 13, 2020, 7:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,825
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GrimRob

Maybe he is a reformed character, but wouldn't the way to go about it be to present him to the fans/trust and let them see him for themselves and make their own minds up? I realise it probably wasn't meant to happen the way it has panned out, but Notts County had a look at him and turned him away. He's been condemned now because of the way it has come out and it will be almost impossible to persuade people that he is a reformed character when perhaps there was a slim chance he might have brought at least some supporters on board.

I have a few doubts if he was presented to the trust to say he is a reformed man,

How do you know he is genuine or just conning them Rob ?

You can never trust a con man because they are very good at convincing you to believe what they want you to believe.

That is no defence for Fenty because before going into business with him he should have checked on his back ground.
Then had nothing to do with him.

I would imagine the council will want to look into this matter so I bet Fenty is having a game of snooker with his solicitor as we speak.I

Bloody predictive text every time I put Fenty  it puts girl private.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 367
MuddyWaters
December 13, 2020, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Garth
John Fenty needs a name change to Harry Houdini if he comes out of this unscathed, assuming all that  Ive read on here is true

Mr Houdini red crossed you because he didn’t want to be guilty by association.
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 367
Ipswin
December 13, 2020, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

If you’re not selling then what the hell are you doing inviting a fraudster into a public venue that the public are banned from? He’s got no business being there.

That's the whole point WE DON'T KNOW.

It appears Fenty has been very stupid and has (or had) entered into a business relationship with a convicted fraudster

As yet there is no evidence that the fraudster's sights are in anyway on GTFC more like if he can persuade (con) gullible John Fenty in his poisition on the council into some dodgy town centre rebirth building deal

So long as it does not in any way impact on the ownership, future  and running of GTFC (other than the shock horror that he watched a match against Covid rules) frankly I'm not that bothered

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.