Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,176 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
December 14, 2020, 4:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 80
I'd like to hear more about this £85k paid to Fenty's green energy project.  Anyone got a source?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 367
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 4:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Question. Why, when we have retired senior partners of the accountancy & legal professions on the board, are we in this mess?

Surely their professional integrity should have prevented this once they knew of May/Kapikanya's past?

I know you know the answer to this, but let's say it anyway! There is only one man who matters at GTFC. Everybody else is irrelevant. You cannot speak out because he runs the show from top to bottom otherwise we would have seen dissent many times over 15 or more disastrous, wasted years with us stuck in the football wilderness.
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 367
aldi_01
December 14, 2020, 4:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Didn’t one of the Trust’s board members clear this up on Twitter...it was for some heating in the Main Stand I believe and the challenge was whether or not a proper rendering process was followed.

It was seen as a good deal because it saved the club cash, some good barrow job that...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 367
friskneymariner
December 14, 2020, 4:14pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Somebody obviously inside the club tipped off the Telegraph he was attending on Saturday,someone not happy with the situation wonder who that could be.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 367
MuddyWaters
December 14, 2020, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235

I know you know the answer to this, but let's say it anyway! There is only one man who matters at GTFC. Everybody else is irrelevant. You cannot speak out because he runs the show from top to bottom otherwise we would have seen dissent many times over 15 or more disastrous, wasted years with us stuck in the football wilderness.

It’s a clever trick, getting revered professionals tarred with the same brush.
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 367
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 4:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 367
Squinter
December 14, 2020, 6:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Squinter
31 pages on this thread and we don't know any facts yet.  Although I don't want this guy anywhere near the club, I would like questions answered first before making judgement :-

A)  Did Fenty know of his previous convictions ?  There is a big reason why he canged his name.
B)   Is his reason being here related to GTFC or something else ?
C)   If it is GTFC related, he probably hasn't got enough money himself, so who is he representing ?  I doubt it, but it could be somebody reputable ( maybe he's best mates with a Hollywood film star )

Well today has certainly answered all my questions.  Seems to be yes to all.  
As much as I appreciate that JF has financially kept the club affloat and run it sustainably, I now can not defend him in anyway at all.
This is all going to get very messy, the only thing I ask of JF now is, please don't spit your dummy out over your own mistake and do not send the club in administration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 367
Supersixty
December 14, 2020, 7:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +33
85k was for the main stand bogs and stuff, a FA grant was available, the quotes came in at about 100k so fent decided to do it himself and trowser it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.