Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,881 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
December 8, 2020, 5:05am
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid
Completely support. If your offended by players taking a stance against racism then seriously take a look at yourself

Completely in agreement with this comment.
Reply: 80 - 242
December 8, 2020, 5:09am
Guest User
Quoted from golfer

The question wasn't  " If your offended "  I don't think anybody is offended but a lot of people may think it has gone on too long

The oppression of black lives has gone on far too long. Racism is alive and kicking, just look at the racists on here. BLM TAKE THE KNEE.
Reply: 81 - 242
aldi_01
December 8, 2020, 6:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If a person wants to do something that is small and silent to make a point, whatever it may be, who are we to stop it?

Those folk saying keeping politics out of football...have a word, football, along with many things is highly politicised and will forever be that way.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 242
December 8, 2020, 6:16am
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
If a person wants to do something that is small and silent to make a point, whatever it may be, who are we to stop it?

Those folk saying keeping politics out of football...have a word, football, along with many things is highly politicised and will forever be that way.

Well stated sir.
Reply: 83 - 242
SDUTM
December 8, 2020, 7:05am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
I go to the match to support my club and it’s players and voice that support as much as possible in hope (I know sometimes blind!) that we might actually win a game.

If they want to take the knee then I don’t feel it’s appropriate to voice my opinion on them, as I want them running through brick walls for me and my club not drunk off because a few choose to boo them before the start of the match. Getting behind our players helps win games and they need our support now more than ever!!!

I’m neither for or against the knee however I do wonder if it’s actually making a difference and changing things??  It seems to be a lip service gesture but what has it changed? The world is still a big bad place at times with racial hatred being fuelled every second of everyday against all faiths and is not limited to the skin colour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 242
friskneymariner
December 8, 2020, 8:21am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01

When I first started work my manager said to be never get into an arguement with stupid  people.A very good piece of advice. They are so bigoted they are beyond reason.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 242
promotion plaice
December 8, 2020, 9:23am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 201

Clearly people on here are split on this.

Latest on the Poll:

Yes  (74 votes)
No  (73 votes)

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 242
lew chaterleys lover
December 8, 2020, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,816
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from promotion plaice

Clearly people on here are split on this.

Latest on the Poll:

Yes  (74 votes)
No  (73 votes)

This perfectly shows that whatever the rights and wrongs of BLM it is a disaster to bring football into it. Anything political will always divide the fan base. We all have different views of the world but the minute we put on our replica shirts or bobble hats we should pull in the same direction.

I saw a statement from Milwall last night basically saying get with the programme or else. They and many people seem to have lost track of why they exist - because of the fans, for the fans of all races, creeds, colours political beliefs.

Go woke, go broke as the phrase goes.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 242
December 8, 2020, 10:39am
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
How can any white people even begin to comprehend the amount of prejudice that still exist in Britain today.Anyone who feels threated by B.L.M  are part of the problem,

Well stated sir. It is a statement of the continuing oppression of black people, it's still a world wide disease. People are still judged by the colour of their skin. By continuing to take the knee highlights the injustice. Of course all lives matter but this issue is about the continuing racism and oppression of  black lives. This has to end. In 1968 Black Athletes tried to make a statement it's sad that we are still trying to make that statement 52 years later. BLM TAKE THE KNEE.
Reply: 88 - 242
realist
December 8, 2020, 10:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
I dont judge anyone by their appearance or origin and think all races should be treated equally.   However, if we ever get back to watch a game and the players pull this stunt it will result in loud and sustained booing from myself. Enough is enough. How anyone cant think that is racist is beyond me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 242
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.