Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,719 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
December 12, 2020, 10:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Well of course not.

It is not allowed. You run the risk of being given a lifetime ban for a club you have supported forever because you don't agree with a Marxist political movement by booing.

Nobody has ever objected to the genuine attempts to root out racism but of course we now must conform to this pile of c**p or face consequences.

Good to see a majority voting for support on the polling.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 242
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,803
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from LH

Ner it’s just cause they’re not racist sharp objects.

No doubt you are correct in some cases, but I suspect most fans booing will be more like me - realising that such a divisive issue* will pit fans against fans even before we have kicked off. It will have to end at some point, so I don't know why the authorities don't step in now; contrary to some opinion on here, players do not rule the game or the conditions it is played under.

*Ending racism is not a divisive issue, we can all agree on that, but the BLM movement is quite a separate thing altogether.
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 242
lew chaterleys lover
December 13, 2020, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,803
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Stadium

Good to see a majority voting for support on the polling.

Whatever the results of a poll, even if nearly half of fans attending are against taking the knee why do it?? Why incur the wrath/ the irritation of nearly half your fan base before we have even kicked off? *

Disclaimer. That does not mean nearly half are racist bigots, it just means they have the good sense to know that kneeling down before every game will do sodomist all for ending racism.

Private Message
Reply: 192 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 13, 2020, 10:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I was trying to think what all this reminded me of and then it came to me. In the halcyon days of going to the flicks the end of the night’s programme was followed by the national anthem ...... only by the time it began the stampede had left the cinema.

We were all patriots but we were blowed if we had to show it every time we went for a normal night’s entertainment and slap and tickle on the back row.

No doubt somebody will ask why teams have to sing the anthems at internationals but I’ll let them think that out for themselves.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 242
ska face
December 13, 2020, 10:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854

Whatever the results of a poll, even if nearly half of fans attending are against taking the knee why do it?? Why incur the wrath/ the irritation of nearly half your fan base before we have even kicked off? *

Disclaimer. That does not mean nearly half are racist bigots, it just means they have the good sense to know that kneeling down before every game will do sodomist all for ending racism.

I, for one, really believe you are sincere in the inference that you are only concerned about this issue because you don’t think the protest is effective enough. You are very convincing.

What would you suggest then, if you want the problem addressed properly? Industrial action? A strike by all players until appropriate action is taken by the relevant authorities? Boycotts of certain clubs? Refusal to work with certain brands?
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 13, 2020, 11:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face

I, for one, really believe you are sincere in the inference that you are only concerned about this issue because you don’t think the protest is effective enough. You are very convincing.

What would you suggest then, if you want the problem addressed properly? Industrial action? A strike by all players until appropriate action is taken by the relevant authorities? Boycotts of certain clubs? Refusal to work with certain brands?

I had to sit down and pour a stiff drink.   The first time I’ve known you really acknowledge the sincerity of a disagreeing view. But well done for realising it is the herd action people like Lew and me get on high horses about.

The GT has been plastering its pages with the story about the police inspector sacked for racist comments. That is the sort of thing that should happen - specific action against the perpetrators and well publicised so people think before they speak, not poser protests they know will have limited, if any, effect in the long run.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 242
friskneymariner
December 13, 2020, 11:14am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

That may all be true but is it relevant? Those same girls are vulnerable to everyone of every age and origin but not everyone has equally taken advantage of those girls. You know as well as I do that a number of offenders when questioned blamed the lack of moral guidance in white homes. Indeed there have been many instances where the child has not been in care at all in the first instance but in a perfectly normal home from which she was seduced so the care system argument did not apply.

It is this dichotomy of culture that matters. Have you never seen the way some Asian men treat their wives? Even now in 2020 you will see arranged marriages and some wives forced to walk behind their husbands. Yet this goes by the board because of a fear of appearing racist. Those kids suffered and had lives ruined by men whose culture made them think they had a right to do it, and here we are talking about a posing protest that began well but passed its sell-by weeks ago.

You make so many assumptions here,it is not exclusively girls who are targeted,There is nothing wrong with arranged marriages some are very successful I think you are conflating them with forced marriages.Have you seen the way some white men treat their wives?Bigotry runs through this post which identifies your true agenda.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 13, 2020, 11:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

You make so many assumptions here,it is not exclusively girls who are targeted,There is nothing wrong with arranged marriages some are very successful I think you are conflating them with forced marriages.Have you seen the way some white men treat their wives?Bigotry runs through this post which identifies your true agenda.

For someone who professes to know something about the care system your ignorance of how it has worked in other areas is astounding. Now you are trying your best to wriggle out of a situation you know to be true by twisting and turning it to include white domestic abuse and semantics over "arranged and "forced". You are stuck now. If I was guilty of bigotry then are you not doing the same in your comment on some white men? Is domestic abuse a part of their ethnic culture?

Perhaps you should have a good look at the Rotherham cases for example and see the full picture of the male dominated culture and the ruling of a community from within. Look at the reports from police officers whose suspicions were downgraded so as not to appear racist. There are all manner of issues there and in Leicester, Rochdale etc. that include abuse within and without the community, Sharia Law, postal vote fixing etc. I would hesitate to say this is always with the collusion of the authorities but rest assured much has been with their knowledge. Excusing it by saying someone else is guilty of something else just does not cut the mustard. Here we have a serious problem on our doorsteps and what are we doing? Arguing the toss over some posers on a football field.

Private Message
Reply: 197 - 242
Stadium
December 13, 2020, 11:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Why not do it ?
Its down to the players what they want to do.
As posted earlier:

"The truth is that the knee protests were conceived and instigated not by BLM, nor by the football authorities, nor would-be cultural engineers among “woke media elites”, but by the football players themselves.

The first European football player to take a knee was Marcus Thuram, after he scored for Borussia Moenchengladbach against Union Berlin on May 31st, six days after the killing of George Floyd."

You can carry on protesting,boo if you want to but its not your decision & rightly so.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 242
friskneymariner
December 13, 2020, 2:03pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

For someone who professes to know something about the care system your ignorance of how it has worked in other areas is astounding. Now you are trying your best to wriggle out of a situation you know to be true by twisting and turning it to include white domestic abuse and semantics over "arranged and "forced". You are stuck now. If I was guilty of bigotry then are you not doing the same in your comment on some white men? Is domestic abuse a part of their ethnic culture?

Perhaps you should have a good look at the Rotherham cases for example and see the full picture of the male dominated culture and the ruling of a community from within. Look at the reports from police officers whose suspicions were downgraded so as not to appear racist. There are all manner of issues there and in Leicester, Rochdale etc. that include abuse within and without the community, Sharia Law, postal vote fixing etc. I would hesitate to say this is always with the collusion of the authorities but rest assured much has been with their knowledge. Excusing it by saying someone else is guilty of something else just does not cut the mustard. Here we have a serious problem on our doorsteps and what are we doing? Arguing the toss over some posers on a football field.

Give in you cannot reason within someone whose views are not based on reason

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 242
25 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.