Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Do you support Grimsby players 'taking the knee'?
Yes
No
  View Results 195 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Support our players taking the knee?

This thread currently has 26,883 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
December 11, 2020, 6:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

That tells me all I need to know, sadly. Underage girls are being raped, systematically and brutally all over the land, and you cannot even lay the blame on the rapists, but prefer to talk in jargon.

All our jobs involve jargon, but we are talking about a very simple point. The only people to blame who rape underage girls are the evil people who carry it out.

I don’t think anyone is arguing against that notion, however, having worked for years with victims of CSE as well as perpetrators and part of that wider system, believe me, the system has to carry some of the blame.

Mountains of evidence and incompetent practice were ‘lost’, again, through gross misconduct.

So whilst the social care system isn’t directly carrying out the heinous acts, it very much ignored it. Did for many years so in my book that’s equally as bad as the people doing it. Systems induce trauma as much as perpetrators. It happened for far too long and the people shouting about it from within were downtrodden, kicked back or forced out.

Having spoken with victims, particularly to the woman who wrote Child A about the Rochdale grooming scandal, and the lady who wrote the book about Rotherham, they hold both in as much contempt. They speak very honestly and openly and provide some excellent insight.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 11, 2020, 10:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from friskneymariner
25 years as a frontline social worker in Children's Service all the paedophiles I dealt with were exclusively white males.

if you had lived and worked in Rochdale, that would be different.

To start using the competence or otherwise of child protection services is simply a distraction technique. The fact remains that girls were treated as chattel, raped and racially abused.  The original point stands. BLM, a protest about the killing of a US black male, is the subject of a legitimate protest in UK football grounds, but racially aggravated crime committed in the UK against vulnerable white girls is not. I think the man from Mars trying to understand the human race would struggle withe the logic of that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 242
LH
December 11, 2020, 11:11am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,617
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I can't believe this has been moved to non football.
It's the most topical football story at the moment, on the news, in the papers on question time.
How the hell can one of the most divisive football subjects be non football?

When people who claim they’re not racist start ranting about asian rape gangs on a football forum, maybe?
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 11, 2020, 11:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from LH

When people who claim they’re not racist start ranting about asian rape gangs on a football forum, maybe?

Since when did pointing out illogicality become a rant? What is sauce for the goose applies here. If you think that is irrelevant on a football forum then surely the BLM protest would be irrelevant on a football pitch?

We have to think these things through. I don’t think either issue is relevant to football but if one is, they both are.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 242
friskneymariner
December 11, 2020, 4:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t think anyone is arguing against that notion, however, having worked for years with victims of CSE as well as perpetrators and part of that wider system, believe me, the system has to carry some of the blame.

Mountains of evidence and incompetent practice were ‘lost’, again, through gross misconduct.

So whilst the social care system isn’t directly carrying out the heinous acts, it very much ignored it. Did for many years so in my book that’s equally as bad as the people doing it. Systems induce trauma as much as perpetrators. It happened for far too long and the people shouting about it from within were downtrodden, kicked back or forced out.

Having spoken with victims, particularly to the woman who wrote Child A about the Rochdale grooming scandal, and the lady who wrote the book about Rotherham, they hold both in as much contempt. They speak very honestly and openly and provide some excellent insight.
Never try to reason with bigots

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 242
Sandford1981
December 11, 2020, 5:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.96
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,099
Gold Stars: 59

“reasoning will never make a man correct an ill opinion, which by reasoning he never acquired.”

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 11, 2020, 6:11pm
Special Brew Drinker

Call them names instead? Very helpful.

I worked in the West Riding for some years in the 70s and saw at first hand the attitudes and incompetences Aldi refers to. The irony was that they were done in the name of multiculturalism and involved actually encouraging cultural differences and ignoring any that did not concur with the British way of life. I have mentioned before on another thread how Ray Honeyford was hounded out of his job as a headteacher for daring to point out the consequences. Those consequences included allowing “community leaders” to run virtual fiefdoms in areas like Kirklees and Rochdale.

I have no time for the far right, this is not a political issue in that way. The girls that suffered after this abrogation of responsibility were not raped and pimped by the police or the social workers. The care homes were not brothels. This was all down to the cultural mores of Asian males who were protected for years. Aldi may wish to consider why files and documents went missing. Not incompetence, deliberate obfuscation.

Now, to my mind at least this is at least as important an issue for British society as BLM. It is a travesty that we have threads discussing a protest from one organisation, saying its protest trumps all others and is the primary measure of a person’s anti-racism in our country. That is wrong, illogical and to be honest it is unbelievably ignorant when we have had generations of girls being abused and authorities were aware of the identity of the perpetrators. There is nothing wrong in doing a BLM protest but let’s not pretend it is something it isn’t and let’s not use it as some sort of moral battering ram at the expense of other racial issues..

Private Message
Reply: 176 - 242
friskneymariner
December 11, 2020, 7:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Harold Shipman'. Fred West, James Hamilton, Brady, Ian Huntley all white therefore, all white men are serial killers eh?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 242
headingly_mariner
December 11, 2020, 7:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124

Call them names instead? Very helpful.

I worked in the West Riding for some years in the 70s and saw at first hand the attitudes and incompetences Aldi refers to. The irony was that they were done in the name of multiculturalism and involved actually encouraging cultural differences and ignoring any that did not concur with the British way of life. I have mentioned before on another thread how Ray Honeyford was hounded out of his job as a headteacher for daring to point out the consequences. Those consequences included allowing “community leaders” to run virtual fiefdoms in areas like Kirklees and Rochdale.

I have no time for the far right, this is not a political issue in that way. The girls that suffered after this abrogation of responsibility were not raped and pimped by the police or the social workers. The care homes were not brothels. This was all down to the cultural mores of Asian males who were protected for years. Aldi may wish to consider why files and documents went missing. Not incompetence, deliberate obfuscation.

Now, to my mind at least this is at least as important an issue for British society as BLM. It is a travesty that we have threads discussing a protest from one organisation, saying its protest trumps all others and is the primary measure of a person’s anti-racism in our country. That is wrong, illogical and to be honest it is unbelievably ignorant when we have had generations of girls being abused and authorities were aware of the identity of the perpetrators. There is nothing wrong in doing a BLM protest but let’s not pretend it is something it isn’t and let’s not use it as some sort of moral battering ram at the expense of other racial issues..

How have you arrived at a link for the two things?
A protest against systemic racism and paedophile grooming gangs.
It’s Olympic standard whataboutery!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 242
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 11, 2020, 7:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

How have you arrived at a link for the two things?
A protest against systemic racism and paedophile grooming gangs.
It’s Olympic standard whataboutery!

I didn’t personally arrive at a link, I was attempting to answer other posts on the subject. However, there is a fairly obvious comparison to be made is there not?

Private Message
Reply: 179 - 242
25 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Support our players taking the knee?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.