Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's post match interview (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 330 Guests

Ollie's post match interview (merged)

This thread currently has 7,590 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 21, 2020, 7:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 28195
Covid has been a leveler, the gaffer has managed 900+ games and in the current circumstances this counts for little. He needs supporters behind him, perhaps the players need this to spark a performance.

I’m sure he had big plans for us but life is a bumber now, with people dying and loved ones separated by pandemic rules.

The gaffer is a footy legend, let’s get through this together, Operation Survival - ❤️ GTFC

Role on Tuesday.

Which role are you going for? Good luck with it anyway.

I've got bad news by the way. Covid is affecting the whole world not just Grimsby Town FC.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
Ipswin
November 21, 2020, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 140067
[quote=54]

He never had it

Came with an old worn out reputation hoping his name would see him through with no idea whatsoever how to manage a team near the foot of Div 4 on the bones of its bottom financially but with a desire to create a 'legacy'.

intercourse knows what he meant but the legacy he is currently creating is very bad news for GTFC

You're still a nasty spiteful old man

Maybe, but a truthful one

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2020, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 3610

You think it’s tosh cos the board weren’t ‘brave’ enough to gamble on the hope of a bailout anywhere. Get a grip. We were excrement today. Proper excrement. But no way would I ever want a board gamble or be brave in the hope of a BAILOUT to survive. For me..... that is the worse type of board we could ever wish for.

You’re totally naive if you think there was never going to be money filtered down from the Prem. It was never going to be a gamble as the country wouldn’t let dozens of clubs go pop. The board showed, not for the first time, a total lack of foresight.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
toontown
November 21, 2020, 7:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Very touchy from Ollie over JT asking some perfectly valid questions, obvious ones like covid having happened to everybody else not just us. Which demonstrates he knows he is on a sticky wicket and we have mishandled it.

Really worrying was he said Tranmere played in a completely different way to what he'd been told by his scout "they went and played in a diamond". Well bolland at the beginning of the commentary said that Tranmere played a diamond last game and it went really well. If we are getting fundamental scouting stuff wrong that casual viewers can see that is very concerning indeed. Anyway surely all games are videoed and we should have been able to see It?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2020, 7:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You’re totally naive if you think there was never going to be money filtered down from the Prem. It was never going to be a gamble as the country wouldn’t let dozens of clubs go pop. The board showed, not for the first time, a total lack of foresight.

Yes in the end they would be pushed into it ...... but how much and when and what strings? The PL prattling about with pay for view is a good indication that the clubs intend to screw every single penny they can from any source and intend to use other people’s troubles to feed their own ambitions. I have no time for the PL.

That doesn’t mean the Town board is blameless, just very conservative in dealing with money.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
GrimRob
November 21, 2020, 7:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Totally out of his depth and he doesn't have the BP crowd to put up with. The main stand behind him gives him much worse stick than JT.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 56
headingly_mariner
November 21, 2020, 7:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
It was also interesting that Paul Bolland said in the build up that he’d seen Tranmere a couple of times recently and they play a diamond in the middle. Ollie said that we didn’t know this as he’d been told they play a different way, not sure he should be sharing that incompetence on the airwaves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
TAGG
November 21, 2020, 7:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I agreed with you first time 😜

Cheers mate  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
ska face
November 21, 2020, 7:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,653
Gold Stars: 847
Seems to me like there’s someone at BP with an axe to grind against Humberside who’s been dripping poison in managers’ ears for years. Slade infamously attacked Matt Dean at the fans’ forum, Jolley lost his marbles and now Holloway thinks he’s justified in talking to JT (a fan) like something he scraped off his shoe for not swallowing his latest line of bullsh1t.

Christ knows what they’d be like if they got some actual criticism - I remember listening to Burns absolutely smoking Grant McCann and some Hull players last year, I almost felt bad for them!

Humberside are there to report objectively, not act as the club’s propaganda station. They can’t help it if they have to say the team are shyte when they’ve just been leathered 5-0!
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
davmariner
November 21, 2020, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ska face
Seems to me like there’s someone at BP with an axe to grind against Humberside who’s been dripping poison in managers’ ears for years. Slade infamously attacked Matt Dean at the fans’ forum, Jolley lost his marbles and now Holloway thinks he’s justified in talking to JT (a fan) like something he scraped off his shoe for not swallowing his latest line of bullsh1t.

Christ knows what they’d be like if they got some actual criticism - I remember listening to Burns absolutely smoking Grant McCann and some Hull players last year, I almost felt bad for them!

Humberside are there to report objectively, not act as the club’s propaganda station. They can’t help it if they have to say the team are shyte when they’ve just been leathered 5-0!

This

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's post match interview (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.