Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's post match interview (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

Ollie's post match interview (merged)

This thread currently has 7,588 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
BenBB
November 21, 2020, 6:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Absolute tosh. We’ve turned a 143k profit and I’m sure, when the full accounts are available, the loan account will have gone down. If the board had half a brain, they would have been brave enough to expect a grant from somewhere. Instead, they stick in a Covid clause to put a barrier up to decent recruitment.
Ollie isn’t blameless on this. As a director, he could have stopped this happening.

Turned a profit but can't win games.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 56
pontoonlew
November 21, 2020, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Yeah I think he was deflecting. Shame he had a pop about Jolley’s departure. His rant was clearly used as an excuse for the club to get rid of him rather than a moral response to the way he treated the media.

Fwiw I think Holloway will turn us round, the club haven’t dealt well with Covid but I’m not sure how much of that is Fenty’s influence. copulated about with renewing contracts, too late off furlough, no pre season games and paying peanuts for any players we could get. Apologies if it’s not his influence,  but it has all the hallmarks of classic Fenty penny pinching. Save a penny today that’ll cost you a pound next week. I think we’d have been really strong had Covid not happened.
At the minute it looks a bit like the Mike Newell squad but I think we will really improve in Jan.  

Agreed with the fact Holloway will turn it around, we’ve seen what he’s capable of from last season. I do accept that Covid can’t have made things easy. However what I do not accept is using that as an excuse, it’s been the same for every person in the world.

Holloway has shockingly underestimated the standard of the division but I do not doubt for one second that he’s spotted his mistakes quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
TAGG
November 21, 2020, 6:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
The biggest problem Town have now is we have two blokes with massive egos running the club.
Fenty in the background who's political ambition far outways any ambition he has for the club.
The on field bloke is a raving self publicist who believes his own bullshit and its all about him.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
TAGG
November 21, 2020, 6:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
The biggest problem Town have now is we have two blokes with massive egos running the club.
Fenty in the background who's political ambition far outways any ambition he has for the club.
The on field bloke is a raving self publicist who believes his own bullshit and its all about him.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2020, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TAGG

I agreed with you first time 😜
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 21, 2020, 6:52pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Ollie isn’t blameless on this. As a director, he could have stopped this happening.

If he hasnt provided the funding yet to purchase his 100k of shares then can he actually be a Director?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
November 21, 2020, 6:58pm
Guest User
[quote=54]

He never had it

Came with an old worn out reputation hoping his name would see him through with no idea whatsoever how to manage a team near the foot of Div 4 on the bones of its bottom financially but with a desire to create a 'legacy'.

intercourse knows what he meant but the legacy he is currently creating is very bad news for GTFC

You're still a nasty spiteful old man

Reply: 36 - 56
November 21, 2020, 7:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Absolute tosh. We’ve turned a 143k profit and I’m sure, when the full accounts are available, the loan account will have gone down. If the board had half a brain, they would have been brave enough to expect a grant from somewhere. Instead, they stick in a Covid clause to put a barrier up to decent recruitment.

You think it’s tosh cos the board weren’t ‘brave’ enough to gamble on the hope of a bailout anywhere. Get a grip. We were excrement today. Proper excrement. But no way would I ever want a board gamble or be brave in the hope of a BAILOUT to survive. For me..... that is the worse type of board we could ever wish for.

Reply: 37 - 56
Ipswin
November 21, 2020, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

If he hasnt provided the funding yet to purchase his 100k of shares then can he actually be a Director?

First of all I don't believe he ever was and if he was he will have changed his mind now if he's got any sense (mind you listening to his ramblings I doubt that too most of the time)

Nice bloke and all that but that's as far as it goes As Grimsby Town manager is concerned he isn't going to cut it.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
KingstonMariner
November 21, 2020, 7:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The Covid excuse is just BS. OK we played it safe with the Covid clause whilst others took a risk. But Holloway was party to that decision. They chose wrong (hindsight view) but suck it up pal and accept it. We could have gone for a smaller squad with more quality with no Covid clause.

And there was no excuse for not having a pre-season.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's post match interview (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.